Proposal: Montreal Canadiens 2014 lineup

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
who would you drop down to the 3rd line then? i mean if galchenyuk is gonna play C next year then we might as well trade plekanec for a solid winger

NO!

Plekanec is our solid 3rd line defensive center who can contribute offensively like Guy Carbonneau did.

There will be times when Pleks or Eller will have to take defensive zone faceoffs for Galchenyuk or the fourth line centre (who would get bumped to RW and remove Parros if he is lineup)

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Prust
Bournival-Plekanec-Leblanc (replacing Gionta)
Moen-White-Parros/Holland
DD or Briere (but not both)

Let go Gionta, move out or buy out one of Desharnais or Briere, and keep the other one to back up an offensive forward.

Use the money saved to upgrade on defence, as well as paying Subban and Eller.

Subban-Gorges*
Emelin-Markov
UPGRADE-Tinordi
Drewiske
Beaulieu first callup

Let go Bouillon, Murray and Diaz. Try to get something at trade deadline for Diaz and Murray if we are still not looking like contenders.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
NO!

Plekanec is our solid 3rd line defensive center who can contribute offensively like Guy Carbonneau did.

There will be times when Pleks or Eller will have to take defensive zone faceoffs for Galchenyuk or the fourth line centre (who would get bumped to RW and remove Parros if he is lineup)

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Prust
Bournival-Plekanec-Leblanc (replacing Gionta)
Moen-White-Parros/Holland
DD or Briere (but not both)

Let go Gionta, move out or buy out one of Desharnais or Briere, and keep the other one to back up an offensive forward.

Use the money saved to upgrade on defence, as well as paying Subban and Eller.

Subban-Gorges*
Emelin-Markov
UPGRADE-Tinordi
Drewiske
Beaulieu first callup

Let go Bouillon, Murray and Diaz. Try to get something at trade deadline for Diaz and Murray if we are still not looking like contenders.

disgusting 2nd and 3rd lines, and using plekanec as our 3C isnt very efficient. might as well trade him for value when hes at his peak, its not like were gonna be contenders anytime soon so its pointless to keep him for depth..

samsquanch9*

i mean we could always throw a ****ton of money at vanek and have:
vanek - galchenyuk - gallagher as our 1st line

then we could trade plekanec for stewart+ or simmonds+ 2nd line:
pacioretty - eller - simmonds/stewart

3rd line:
prust - bournival - xxxxxx(kuli pls)

4th line:
moen - white - boll

:hyper:

i love this lineup alot :)

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
i mean we could always throw a ****ton of money at vanek and have:
vanek - galchenyuk - gallagher as our 1st line

then we could trade plekanec for stewart+ or simmonds+ 2nd line:
pacioretty - eller - simmonds/stewart

3rd line:
prust - bournival - xxxxxx(kuli pls)

4th line:
moen - white - boll

:hyper:
I'd love to see this happen but how are you planning on getting Vanek and Simmonds ?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I'd love to see this happen but how are you planning on getting Vanek and Simmonds ?

did you read my post? its very unrealistic that it'll happen but its a possibility. it all depends on whether or not vanek signs with us, which is highly unlikely

sign vanek this off season then trade plekanec for a top 6 RW(seeing as we'd have to play him as a 3C if we decided to keep him, which would be a waste). i went with simmonds/stewart because it seems like theyre the most realistic targets, obviously none of us are gms so god knows what kind of player we could get for a plekanec package.

we'd need a top 6 RW tho, i went with two players that would contribute offensively and stand up for our younger players if things ever got out of hand

Hasn't Boll been signed for 3 more years with Colombus?

oh right he has, i completely missed that. i knew he was gonna be a UFA this season but i didnt know CLB resigned him
reaves works aswell

the way our team should look like next year:

forwards:

galchenyuk - plekanec - gallagher

pacioretty - eller - simmonds (simmonds would be a decent fit here, could be had for beaulieu+ most likely)

prust - bournival - kulemin (would target kuli this offseason in order to have a more balanced offence because simmonds isnt really known for his offensive skills, he could easily move up our LU)

moen - white - reaves (UFA signing)

defense:

gorges - subban
markov - emelin
tinordi - diaz

this is a more realistic LU, we'd only need to make 1 trade (and lets be real, the odds of us landing a high profile UFA like vanek aren't very high). then we would only have to find 3rd/4th line wingers on the UFA market, or we could bring some of our young guys up

but yea the 1st LU is obviously much better. vanek with galchenyuk and gallagher would be dirty, stylistically they should mesh really well together. a sniper + a playmaker + a crease crasher :handclap:

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Vanek is UFA and Simmonds is trade I'd believe, would have to be Pleks + Beaulieu or Pateryn
I'd rather get Kane from Winnipeg. Would take Pacioretty + maybe Desharnais and draft pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad