Pre-Game Talk: @ Montreal Canadians - Pre-Game Talk ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
I have 2 serious questions -

1. Do you type these on your phone? I have to ask because your lack of paragraphs and amount of typos are astounding.

2. What do you think we excel at? You flood these threads with negative thoughts, so I'm curious, what do you think we do well?

I'm not thinking of the Leafs just yet. I think these are two games that are easily winnable to keep the streak going, but it's also hockey so anything can happen.

I wonder how long AA will be sidelined, and if Panik does actually play, I wonder how well he will fit in with his line.

With all that being said, we are still better than both of these teams, especially going up against Condon instead of Price.

The annoying thing is, I've seen people ask these same questions to him before and he never responds.

I assume AA will be back sunday, so he never has to leave Chicago.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes I type on phone..If I mis-type...sorry..
To answer your question...we do excel at lots under Country Club Q...like smoke and mirrors points for playing hard only 1 period a game or sometimes,like last night,still winn8ng when few show up to play hard in no period...We also excel in the phoney game of OT and shhot-outs where our skill guys need nit exert much with more open ice ir only a goalie to face...Also we excel in scoring into open nets when opponents put on an extra attacker after their goalie goes to the bench (except last night when $13.8 million paycheck Toews and his vaunted skill failed to hit the gaping target).

Last night we also excelled in turnover give-aways of which most coaches would staple tge culprits to the bench..but not Country Club Q.

WE also excel at avoiding rubbing anyone off tge puck,Q believing that this sick out energy and so it is better to only check with s5ivks ...never with body take the pucks away by stopping the attack ...

TOEWS excels at face-offs. ..everyone else not so good..but hey 1 of 4 C's excelling appears to be enough success in that aspect of the game.

We excel at not earning our paychecks...except line #2 and even they do it onlyabout 75% of the games More like 20% of the games for line #1?

WE excel at letting CC bail us out way too often.He has been above and beyond this season most games ..

WE excel at not being able to blow out teams by big scores often
like the Caps do ..but you cannot wish for everything ,can you?

We excel at FLIPPING THE SWITCH in playoffs...which usually is sufficient unless some guy named Martinez beats CC long range.

We excel at doing just enough to win when most teams would not. .....in this sense the laziness of some of our key guys is overcome by unexpected contributions from the grunts. ..

WE excel at providing so few examples where ALL our players show up pulling on the oars with their b
est A game that hoping for such grade A efforts is always held out to Hawks fans as "imagine how good we can be IF all our "talent" showed up for all 3 periods in a game? SUCH that this holy grail of perfection is something we should be striving for,that Q claims we can get better to achieve,BUT when sloppyness and too many MIA like last night is displayed instead,we EXCEL in disappointing fans like no other team can BECAUSE we know they OUGHT to have used their talent better...we KNOE we have several levels of more gears we can activate to elevate our game...but when we look like punching the clock till it winds down to zero is all we are interested in...that is Excellence in disappointing fans even while winning.

SO--- what do we excel at? Lots of things...but few of them to be proud of except for that playoffs Switch thing In regular season,it appears the fans..like me are Excelling at *****in'...hard to satisfy even in wins when you do not care enough ...at home...to compete and play hard like tge opposition does...Be happy ..we won anyway. ..but still we hardly EXCELLED...and surely that is the point of it all...to win when you hardly deserve it ...when a goalie bails you out time and again and barely survives tge very last seconds to preserve the win...Is that a team that EXCELLED?

Yes..we EXCEL at piling up points with the least convincing levels of domination I have ever seen
..ELITE CONTENDER? WELL somebody EXCELLED at pulling the wool over the non-cognoscenti....Meanwhile Country Club Q Excells at accepting the accolades...but somehow I do not think AL Arbour would allow his charges to cheat fate with so many pie show one period or no period efforts to get wins in a season.
NO Country Club coach Excella at wins like Q...it is amazing.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
To answer your question...we do excel at lots under Country Club Q...like smoke and mirrors points for playing hard only 1 period a game or sometimes,like last night,still winn8ng when few show up to play hard in no period...We also excel in the phoney game of OT and shhot-outs where our skill guys need nit exert much with more open ice ir only a goalie to face...Also we excel in scoring into open nets when opponents put on an extra attacker after their goalie goes to the bench (except last night when $13.8 million paycheck Toews and his vaunted skill failed to hit the gaping target).

Last night we also excelled in turnover give-aways of which most coaches would staple tge culprits to the bench..but not Country Club Q.

WE also excel at avoiding rubbing anyone off tge puck,Q believing that this sick out energy and so it is better to only check with s5ivks ...never with body take the pucks away by stopping the attack ...

TOEWS excels at face-offs. ..everyone else not so good..but hey 1 of 4 C's excelling appears to be enough success in that aspect of the game.

We excel at not earning our paychecks...except line #2 and even they do it onlyabout 75% of the games More like 20% of the games for line #1?

WE excel at letting CC bail us out way too often.He has been above and beyond this season most games ..

We excel at FLIPPING THE SWITCH in playoffs...which usually is sufficient unless some guy named Martinez beats CC long range.

We excel at doing just enough to win when most teams would not. .....in this sense the laziness of some of our key guys is overcome by unexpected contributions from the grunts. ..

WE excel at providing so few examples where ALL our players show up pulling on the oars with their b
est A game that hoping for such grade A efforts is always held out to Hawks fans as "imagine how good we can be IF all our "talent" showed up for all 3 periods in a game? SUCH that this holy grail of perfection is something we should be striving for,that Q claims we can get better to achieve,BUT when sloppyness and too many MIA like last night is displayed instead,we EXCEL in disappointing fans like no other team can BECAUSE we know they OUGHT to have used their talent better...we KNOE we have several levels of more gears we can activate to elevate our game...but when we look like punching the clock till it winds down to zero is all we are interested in...that is Excellence in disappointing fans even while winning.

SO--- what do we excel at? Lots of things...but few of them to be proud of except for that playoffs Switch thing In regular season,it appears the fans..like me are Excelling at *****in'...hard to satisfy even in wins when you do not care enough ...at home...to compete and play hard like tge opposition does...Be happy ..we won anyway. ..but still we hardly EXCELLED...and surely that is the point of it all...to win when you hardly deserve it ...when a goalie bails you out time and again and barely survives tge very last seconds to preserve the win...Is that a team that EXCELLED?

Yes..we EXCEL at piling up points with the least convincing levels of domination I have ever seen
..ELITE CONTENDER? WELL somebody EXCELLED at pulling the wool over the non-cognoscenti....Meanwhile Country Club Q Excells at accepting the accolades...but somehow I do not think AL Arbour would allow his charges to cheat fate with so many pie show one period or no period efforts to get wins in a season.

:laugh:

Your Reality Check

Nov 11, 2013
Chicago
Hf50 throwing wild haymakers at Grandmaster but landing them all. Grandmaster looking like Apollo Creed in Rocky 4. Someone should of threw in the towel. Hf50 wins again.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I think if you excelled at perspective you would then be amazed at the 2015-2016 Chicago Blackhawks.

If you excelled at seeing us compared to other teams your posts would change

If you excelled at knowing these are human beings doing a job you would know players aren't thinking "I am going to die if I don't give 110% effort" on each shift (ok Toews and Keith might, they aren't human they are cyborgs)

if you excelled at proper posting etiquette on a message board, people would/could finish reading your posts

If you excelled at timely answers to questions, you would get more feedback and do more give and take

If you excelled at playing hockey, even recreationally, you would understand more of what is going on in terms of what you see on ice

Thanks for the reply to the guy however. I know you never answered my +/- question, but that's ok.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

This really says all you need to know.

And for the record that was off Nick Leddy's shoulder, Martinez didn't beat CC clean.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
So....lines when AA comes back?

Shaw-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-AA-Kane
Desjardins-Danault-TT
Panik-Rasmussen-Garbutt

Not bad.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
I think fiddy would be a real good blues fan. Seems to demand excellence from every player, every shift in the god damn regular season.

I could care less if Toews takes a nap on the bench during a regular season game as long as he turns it up for playoffs. People are real quick to forget that the NHL season is a marathon and not a sprint. I would way rather have Q's "country club" as you call it, than Hitchcock's running all his players into the ground in the regular season and having nothing left in playoffs. I know these laxidasical regular season efforts can be annoying sometimes but you'll be happy about it in spring.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm not going to question how anybody expresses their passion or fandom.

In the SCF last year, I straight up bet against the Blackhawks in game 4 as a kind of '**** you' for the pathetic performance they delivered against a crippled goalie in game 3.

And then they won.

So obviously, I followed that little bit of psychosis down the rabbit hole, and bet against them again, because if it worked once right?

And they won again.... and then I was out $300 and watching Toews hoisting the cup again, and gave no ****s about the inherent irrational stupidity of that blown money.

If you're bothering to post on a message board a day before the bloody game, you care. So express how you care however you want. If I hate it so much, I can ignore it.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I'm more worried about Toronto, if only because I can't remember the last time the Chicago Blackhawks beat Toronto on a Saturday HNIC National broadcast. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Even with Price, Montreal isn't much of a team IMO. They have a few great pieces surrounded by nothing and a pretty mediocre coach (at best).

Without him, they're kind of a tire fire.

So obviously, now that I've said all that, they'll win 6-1 or something. :help:

EDIT: Get well soon AA!

I have 2 serious questions -

1. Do you type these on your phone? I have to ask because your lack of paragraphs and amount of typos are astounding.

2. What do you think we excel at? You flood these threads with negative thoughts, so I'm curious, what do you think we do well?

I'm not thinking of the Leafs just yet. I think these are two games that are easily winnable to keep the streak going, but it's also hockey so anything can happen.

I wonder how long AA will be sidelined, and if Panik does actually play, I wonder how well he will fit in with his line.

With all that being said, we are still better than both of these teams, especially going up against Condon instead of Price.

Yep!

Habs struggling, 3 - 7 in last 10, Subban with 2 goals so far this season and even with Price in net they still don't improve much.

Hawks need to continue to make hay and beat "beatable teams" Habs and Leafs very beatable.

Hawks 5 Habs 2.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I don't know why it would be expected that players perform like it is game 7 during the regular season. Regardless of contract. This team knows that line of thought is for suckers.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not going to question how anybody expresses their passion or fandom.

In the SCF last year, I straight up bet against the Blackhawks in game 4 as a kind of '**** you' for the pathetic performance they delivered against a crippled goalie in game 3.

And then they won.

So obviously, I followed that little bit of psychosis down the rabbit hole, and bet against them again, because if it worked once right?

And they won again.... and then I was out $300 and watching Toews hoisting the cup again, and gave no ****s about the inherent irrational stupidity of that blown money.

If you're bothering to post on a message board a day before the bloody game, you care. So express how you care however you want. If I hate it so much, I can ignore it.

I told you were dumb then and I want to remind you were dumb now. Those were terrible money bets but i get not wanting to break the trend.

HF50 can post what he wants and in the past he has been logicalish but the CC Q stuff is nonsense.

ThePizzaMan

Jun 11, 2015
The current prize for winning the conference is playing the Nashville Predators in the first round.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I don't know why it would be expected that players perform like it is game 7 during the regular season. Regardless of contract. This team knows that line of thought is for suckers.

True and good point, funny thing is Stan mentioned this yesterday in one of his interviews, said that they are not concerned about winning the Presidents trophy ect. but to be competitive and with a decent effort.

A couple of games ago PB said that many times this team plays down to the level of their opponent and knows when to turn it on.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I think lost in all of this is how impressive it is that fiddy types these novels all on a phone!
Like... holy ****.

certainly explains why I can normally get through the first 10-15 words of his posts and then get so discombobulated I have to stop reading......but I find the first parts of his posts decent......

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
certainly explains why I can normally get through the first 10-15 words of his posts and then get so discombobulated I have to stop reading......but I find the first parts of his posts decent......

There is usually some substance to the HF50 posts, but I gave up on reading the walls of text, repeating the same things before and after each game. If and when Hawks play as poorly as he likes to point out, perhaps I will read what he has to say then ... not just skim looking for the usual keywords.

country club, lazy, bag skate, dog poop, underwelming etc... YAWN

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC

No need to apologize, to be fair I expected as much :laugh:

Quite impressive you do all this one the phone anyways.

:laugh:

I stand by the fact that you are still one of the most negative posters I've ever seen, but that doesn't mean you have some valid points.

Your points on CC bailing us out prove to me that we are balanced as in the past, it's been the rest of the team bailing him out (see last year's playoff series against the Preds), and that's nothing to shake your fist at.

I think the loss of Saad the LW position has really hurt us. Not only did him and Sharp leaving leave a giant hole, but Saad leaving meant that this team immediately became much slower. I think this is an issue that has made this team not look at dominant as in year's past.

Just my two cents though, I do think we are still a contender as we seem to really perform when it matters most, and if Toews starts to score like he's capable of, then this team might just be the best one yet.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Fiddy, I like your posts, don't let these clowns get you down.

As an aside, you may have better luck using the voice dictation on your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad