Pre-Game Talk: @ Montreal Canadians - Pre-Game Talk ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I don't know if it's the Original Six deal, or just that it's the most storied franchise in North American sports, but I absolutely get excited for games against these guys.

I've already completed the GDT for tomorrow's game, but I still want to discuss our game tomorrow and figured for the rest of the day some of us can do just that.

I'm even going as far as getting all my 'normal' chores done tonight so I'm free tomorrow.

About the Game:

I hate that Price is out. I want them full strength, but that's hockey. We are on a wonderful streak but I'm not sure how confident I feel about tomorrow's game.

That all being the case, I never go against the Hawks, so we win 4-2.

Go Hawks!

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Any word on Panik? Everybody keeps asking if he's playing or not, but I'm not a twitter kind of guy so I don't know.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
No clue about Montreal, but I'd be surprised if Panik did not play for the Toronto game. That'll be a motivated player.

And Dagger's right, I'll be shocked if Crow doesn't get the Habs start. Darling will get Toronto.

Also, Anisimov did not make the trip with the team to Montreal. Hope his illness isn't too bad.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava
Any word on Panik? Everybody keeps asking if he's playing or not, but I'm not a twitter kind of guy so I don't know.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 15 hod
Q pretty pleased with Richard Panik, especially on such short notice when Anisimov got sick after 6 p.m. meeting. #Blackhawks

Q was fine with him, so it depends on Anisimov's situation, if he's out, Panik is in for 100% I guess.
If AA is ready for the game, then it's between Panik, Mashinter, Garbutt, one of them would be scratched.

update : Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 2 min
Artem Anisimov (sick) did not make the trip to Montreal. #Blackhawks

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
CoreyCrawfordRobsLarsEllerToeSave.gif

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I don't know if it's the Original Six deal, or just that it's the most storied franchise in North American sports, but I absolutely get excited for games against these guys.

I've already completed the GDT for tomorrow's game, but I still want to discuss our game tomorrow and figured for the rest of the day some of us can do just that.

I'm even going as far as getting all my 'normal' chores done tonight so I'm free tomorrow.

About the Game:

I hate that Price is out. I want them full strength, but that's hockey. We are on a wonderful streak but I'm not sure how confident I feel about tomorrow's game.

That all being the case, I never go against the Hawks, so we win 4-2.

Go Hawks!

I'm more worried about Toronto, if only because I can't remember the last time the Chicago Blackhawks beat Toronto on a Saturday HNIC National broadcast. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Even with Price, Montreal isn't much of a team IMO. They have a few great pieces surrounded by nothing and a pretty mediocre coach (at best).

Without him, they're kind of a tire fire.

So obviously, now that I've said all that, they'll win 6-1 or something. :help:

EDIT: Get well soon AA!

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I'm more worried about Toronto, if only because I can't remember the last time the Chicago Blackhawks beat Toronto on a Saturday HNIC National broadcast. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Even with Price, Montreal isn't much of a team IMO. They have a few great pieces surrounded by nothing and a pretty mediocre coach (at best).

The Leafs game is Friday night

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford

Good thing they play on Friday :p: :laugh:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Didn't get a good enough look at TT on the Kane line because of all the penalties. I'll probably miss both games, so hopefully he (and Panik) play effective in their roles.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Next 3 games are against teams playing without their top player. 2 against MTL with Price out and one against TOR with no JVR. Got a serious chance to keep this streak rolling into Nashville next Tuesday. But then again that game against TOR is the trap game that im worried about honestly. A crappy team without their best player on the back end of a road back to back. I don't think any Hawk fan is expecting the Hawks best performance.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012

The Hawks definitely won in 2011 as I went to Toronto for the game, was briefly on Canadian TV after a Hawks goal.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well..you would not think Kane and Panarin old stink as badly the next 2 games as they did last night...Then again with A.A. out the pressure is on TT to.make it work ...last night ...nope.

Despite Leafs getting g blown out 7-0 recently. ..they have also played well the last month...Hey if we beat Montreal for 8 in a 4ow you just know Babcock will be itching to be the genius coach who ends the vaunted Q's streak of wins..You just can fell a blow -out heaped 9n us in Toronto as Toews the Canadian uber hero last another egg in the biggest viewing market in Canada and across tge nation wTchi g..Certainly if we get 1 shot and out Johnny again we probably get blown out by the Leafs...

And 8f we give the puck away 12 times like last night ,d9 not expect CC to bail us out again in Montreal or Darling in Toronto...Country Club Q needs to have a tallk with his vaunted look at us on our 7 beaten streak complain 3 t team after lady nights undeserved ed win getting out shot by so much ,stinking I possession and not giving CC much suppirt ...but he stole tge game for us and so our "great" status us intact...though for paychecks of $13.8 million each we got 1 shot each from T and K last night..such "desire" to impose their vast talent on the game for those fat paychecks seems to have manifested at a level.of disappointment 5 that us Una cep table. ..more if that in .Mont real and Toronto would be dis-graceful..BUT remember,though his after All the
OUNTRY CLUB Q team ...where sloppy and lazy 0layers from.big stars is never punished by bag-skate. .so Maybe...just Maybe T and K will decide to show up for at least 1 of the games in Montreal a
or Toronto...Rather than 1 assist and out , and that is enough "show" of ^WORK" exertion for tge night...Maybe Keith will show up and justify his fat paychecks K too...9bviously he too 5 hough mustering 1 shot last night was enough "Work" for 1 night..But I the Country Club Q runs we win despite this lack of energy urgency and desire...so why try hard* We win anyway! CC will always do enough to vail us out when the stats go MIA,right?

FinnFan8

Expert Thread-Killer
Dec 7, 2015
SF, CA
Well..you would not think Kane and Panarin old stink as badly the next 2 games as they did last night...Then again with A.A. out the pressure is on TT to.make it work ...last night ...nope.

Despite Leafs getting g blown out 7-0 recently. ..they have also played well the last month...Hey if we beat Montreal for 8 in a 4ow you just know Babcock will be itching to be the genius coach who ends the vaunted Q's streak of wins..You just can fell a blow -out heaped 9n us in Toronto as Toews the Canadian uber hero last another egg in the biggest viewing market in Canada and across tge nation wTchi g..Certainly if we get 1 shot and out Johnny again we probably get blown out by the Leafs...

And 8f we give the puck away 12 times like last night ,d9 not expect CC to bail us out again in Montreal or Darling in Toronto...Country Club Q needs to have a tallk with his vaunted look at us on our 7 beaten streak complain 3 t team after lady nights undeserved ed win getting out shot by so much ,stinking I possession and not giving CC much suppirt ...but he stole tge game for us and so our "great" status us intact...though for paychecks of $13.8 million each we got 1 shot each from T and K last night..such "desire" to impose their vast talent on the game for those fat paychecks seems to have manifested at a level.of disappointment 5 that us Una cep table. ..more if that in .Mont real and Toronto would be dis-graceful..BUT remember,though his after All the
OUNTRY CLUB Q team ...where sloppy and lazy 0layers from.big stars is never punished by bag-skate. .so Maybe...just Maybe T and K will decide to show up for at least 1 of the games in Montreal a
or Toronto...Rather than 1 assist and out , and that is enough "show" of ^WORK" exertion for tge night...Maybe Keith will show up and justify his fat paychecks K too...9bviously he too 5 hough mustering 1 shot last night was enough "Work" for 1 night..But I the Country Club Q runs we win despite this lack of energy urgency and desire...so why try hard* We win anyway! CC will always do enough to vail us out when the stats go MIA,right?

Well since we're already at 8 in a row, I guess that means we've dodged a bullet with this dreary prediction. :phew:

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC

I have 2 serious questions -

1. Do you type these on your phone? I have to ask because your lack of paragraphs and amount of typos are astounding.

2. What do you think we excel at? You flood these threads with negative thoughts, so I'm curious, what do you think we do well?

I'm not thinking of the Leafs just yet. I think these are two games that are easily winnable to keep the streak going, but it's also hockey so anything can happen.

I wonder how long AA will be sidelined, and if Panik does actually play, I wonder how well he will fit in with his line.

With all that being said, we are still better than both of these teams, especially going up against Condon instead of Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad