Montreal - Boston (the rivalry)

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
I don't know how much of this is tongue-in-cheek, but if you seriously want to characterize the "Boston Strong" motto as just an instance of false machismo and primitive bravado then that just confirms to me how totally out of touch you are with the people you pretend to describe, and the mere fact that you would use that as ammunition for your diatribe is an example of how some fans -on both sides of the rivalry - lose perspective of the fact that what we're squabbling over is quite trivial in the grand scheme. Humanity should trump jersey colors, at the end of the day.

You should tell that to your boardmates and fans in Boson who continually spout racial, misogynitstic, and xenophobic crap towards our way.

dreamingofdrouin*

The Bruins and their fans' obsession with diving turns me off from the rivalry. It's just annoying.

They just lack intelligence man...its that simple.....the things that they complain about us doing are their own biggest flaws.

-diving
-complaining/whining
-cheapshots

Emelin lands a beautiful hipcheck on lucic the other night....boychuck has a compilation video of his fantastic hip checks....and they are fantastic...but when its done to them by us its dirty.

Lucic spears emelin in the balls....nah...didnt happen. "I was just skating by, i did not spear him" How does he recall the exact moment if he truly was just skating by? If he was just skating by and did nothing wrong than he would have had no recollection of the moment. The first thing he would have said is "when was that?" BTW your on candid camera dumbass.:p:

Subban turns down a fight with boychuk he's a *****
Lucic turns down a fight with Laraque....smart move cause he's a better player. Even though Subban>>>boychuk aswell. And boychuk attempts a hip check on the play aswell:laugh: Which is fine because he's a bruin and only bruins can do that.

No bruin fan should ever be allowed to open their mouths about dirty plays again after what marchand did to the canucks d...now that was not a hockey play...that was intent to injure.

Or how about thorntons beat down on orpik.

Or i dont know...mcsorely on brashear.

They can't take anything....they love to dish it out and they dont care who gets in the way or what the consequences are as long as their players are on the giving end of it. But the can't take anything....they have the same response as a child does because they are aren't mature enough to accept their flaws....they just swipe it under the rug and go for another kool aid.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
In all seriousness, they can't even talk hockey with each other over on the Bruins board right now. They're still too busy tripping over each other trying to come up with 1001 insulting things to say about Emelin, lol. It really is fantastic to witness the mental weakness of their team manifest all the way to the fan level as a chronic ailment.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
In all seriousness, they can't even talk hockey with each other over on the Bruins board right now. They're still too busy tripping over each other trying to come up with 1001 insulting things to say about Emelin, lol. It really is fantastic to witness the mental weakness of their team manifest all the way to the fan level as a chronic ailment.

Wow - you're right. Some of those guys are STILL fixated on Emelin's check -- three days later! Bruins hand out big hits every game, but the moment Lucic ends up on his ass their crowd goes into Zapruder mode, analyzing videos, wringing their hands, desperately trying to show how it's all so terribly unfair! Like spoiled six-year-olds who've had their toy taken away.

What I've noticed with Boston's fan base is a wide divide between the more erudite, educated people and the dumb mob with their love of fighting cliches. Kinda' like Habs's cultural divide between the hipper Montreal-based fans and the more rural fans from les banlieues, Bruins have two distinct fan bases. The older, smarter guys on their board are terrific; we can disagree without stupid insults. It's the other half that are an embarrassment -- the guys who think following a code and answering a bell constitute a 'culture'.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
Wow - you're right. Some of those guys are STILL fixated on Emelin's check -- three days later! Bruins hand out big hits every game, but the moment Lucic ends up on his ass their crowd goes into Zapruder mode, analyzing videos, wringing their hands, desperately trying to show how it's all so terribly unfair! Like spoiled six-year-olds who've had their toy taken away.

What I've noticed with Boston's fan base is a wide divide between the more erudite, educated people and the dumb mob with their love of fighting cliches. Kinda' like Habs's cultural divide between the hipper Montreal-based fans and the more rural fans from les banlieues, Bruins have two distinct fan bases. The older, smarter guys on their board are terrific; we can disagree without stupid insults. It's the other half that are an embarrassment -- the guys who think following a code and answering a bell constitute a 'culture'.
What is funny is Lucic in the media talking all tough. Well chicken boy, why did you let Laraque steamroll you and why did little pumpy dog Chara not do anything about this hit? This is borderline dirty, Lucic could of snapped his freaking neck on that hit of course it's not Laraques fault chickenboy can't handle someone bigger than him.

The Bruins are just a bunch of bullies, they are the league spot pickers, If McGratton hit Lucic like Emelin did he'll scurry away like the cockroach he is and won't say one word.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
You're all still focused on how they're focused on it. Pot call the kettle black much? A lot of fans in this very thread are proving that there are people on both sides to blame.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
McGrattan and Lucic are very, very good friends. "The Bruins are just a bunch of bullies" - Hahaha, i personally find it awesome, and the tears are hilarious.

Good to see we're still talking about Georges Laraque, i thought that guy was at home eating potato chips.

You guys are complaining about people complaining. Two way street, folks.

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
McGrattan and Lucic are very, very good friends. "The Bruins are just a bunch of bullies" - Hahaha, i personally find it awesome, and the tears are hilarious.

Good to see we're still talking about Georges Laraque, i thought that guy was at home eating potato chips.

What you fail to realize are bullies are the biggest cowards on the planet. They bully in numbers but when they face an opposing player their size they cower in fear. Funny how Douglas Murray keeps crosschecking and slapping Bruin's around and no one challenges him. A few games back he was rubbing Chara's face into the ice and LuChicken stood there and watched it happen. So much for their media toughness.

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
You're all still focused on how they're focused on it. Pot call the kettle black much? A lot of fans in this very thread are proving that there are people on both sides to blame.

We are fans on a message board, Lucic is the one who keeps spouting off in the media, huuuuge difference.

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
"I've done a lot of hits but I have never hit the knees"

That's cause you're built like a truck, fool.

How about his teammate?

5974600.jpg

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Big difference: Bruins fans are still pointing at the game -- we're just pointing at them.

Sure, we're all passionate fans who hate losing to a rival, but the anti-Habs mythologies that get chanted like religious mantras on the Bruins board sound more like brainwashing than normal venting. I worry these people actually, truly, honestly, sincerely believe the fairy-tales they post. Every hit against their player needs payback! Every hit by a Bruin is solid and wonderful! Every penalty against Boston is bad reffing and pro-Habs bias! What a wonderful culture the Bruins have and Montreal lacks!

I'll keep repeating how much I like a good chunk of the people on their board, but unfortunately the minority of raving-mad cult members stain the reputation of the majority of smart, civil folks.

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin

Right you are (I couldn't have said it better myself)... I think most fan bases have a similar make up (the long time, educated hockey fans vs the new, young, passionate home team devotees).

Us old timers love the game. We appreciate and acknowledge the great hockey play, the big open ice hit, the highlight reel goal, the beauty and brutality of it all.

We'll cheer for our teams, but also say "that was a heck of a goal" when the other team scores a beauty. LaFleur beating Gilbert broke my heart, but there's no denying that it was an awesome clutch goal by one of the greatest...

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I think the attitude of Bruins fans toward le Canadien is in large part an ethnic matter. They aren't as virulent in speaking of the Yankees, for example, who have humiliated the Red Sox ever since the Babe Ruth trade (except in recent years).

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
What you fail to realize are bullies are the biggest cowards on the planet. They bully in numbers but when they face an opposing player their size they cower in fear. Funny how Douglas Murray keeps crosschecking and slapping Bruin's around and no one challenges him. A few games back he was rubbing Chara's face into the ice and LuChicken stood there and watched it happen. So much for their media toughness.

LOL Nobody is scared of Murray... Soupy would go with him anytime (and maybe even win the fight.) :laugh:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
They were the best of friends back in the day. Then Habs fans started walking upright and the rest is history.

:laugh: Took me a second to get it, but that's a good one

When the Boston hockey writers read Bill's post to the Bruins, they will have to wait until after the summer, (Gallagher trains with Lucic in the summer) by then Lucy should be able to understand what was meant.

Another couple of years and he might realize the insult intended, only problem for them is trying to remember, as if it would matter anyway.:shakehead I feel no ill-will to the Bruins, just no goodwill, sorry bunch!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad