OT: Montreal Bars (Olympics)

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The only province that isn't allowing alcohol to be served during the game is Ontario. Bravo you idiots, bravo.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Half of Ottawa will be in Gatineau tomorrow morning.

If I still lived in Ottawa I would be, but since I'm in Southern Ontario I'm basically pooched unless I go to Toronto. But the thought of being drunk at 9:30 am downtown Toronto with nothing to do isn't overly appealing lol

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
If I still lived in Ottawa I would be, but since I'm in Southern Ontario I'm basically pooched unless I go to Toronto. But the thought of being drunk at 9:30 am downtown Toronto with nothing to do isn't overly appealing lol

I'm going to stay home and watch the game. It start at 8AM for me but it's still early. I have beer in my fridge, just in case I feel like drinking in the morning.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'm going to stay home and watch the game. It start at 8AM for me but it's still early. I have beer in my fridge, just in case I feel like drinking in the morning.

Will be the same for me. I just don't see the point in going down to the pub for bacon and eggs if they aren't serving booze, while drinking that early is a bit weird it adds to the experience of watching sports.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
My daughter has swimming at 9:00 was hopping to come back to see the game not live now I just realized I will see the people come out of the bar and know who won :cry:

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I won't be having alcohol myself, and that's because it'll ruin the rest of my day. I'm one of those people who can't put anything in their mouth (other than coffee) until 2-3 after waking up. The last thing I want to do is to have a beer or two on an empty stomach and get totally wasted by 9AM. :laugh:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If anything, I just purchase a nice coffee beer (Coffee PILSNER, lol) so I'll watch thegame comfortably in my living room. With Beer. And Bacon.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
If anything, I just purchase a nice coffee beer (Coffee PILSNER, lol) so I'll watch thegame comfortably in my living room. With Beer. And Bacon.

Or you could have a Spanish/Brazilian/Irish coffee with your eggs. :)

EDIT: You can try something like Péché Mortel or Flying Fish Espresso Porter if you can find them. :)

EDIT2: Found a Canadian coffee porter from Mill St. http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/mill-st-coffee-porter. Never tried it myself though.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Or you could have a Spanish/Brazilian/Irish coffee with your eggs. :)

EDIT: You can try something like Péché Mortel or Flying Fish Espresso Porter if you can find them. :)

EDIT2: Found a Canadian coffee porter from Mill St. http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/mill-st-coffee-porter. Never tried it myself though.

What I have on hands?

Espresso Pilsner.

http://www.beaus.ca/beer/wild_oats/collabrrrewnaut

Better than the coffee porter from Mill St., and MUCH FRIENDLIER on the liver than the Pèché Mortel, Great brew, but I'd take something a lil' tamer at 7AM...

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

Oh, great. I read your last post wrong, and thought you were going to pick something up.

beer.gif

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
As far as im concerned im feeling no buzz whatsoever in montreal about the game in a few hours from now. Im sure most bars wont care since they probably figured it out with reason, their bars will be deserted if theyd open at 7.

But im sure that all big sports bars will be open. But they wont serve alcohol til 8.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad