Speculation: Montreal among the teams that inquired on Loui Eriksson?

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I guess Eriksson won't be untradeable after all!

Good looks habs. :nod:
Eriksson's contract is very movable... in 2020 when he has a limited NTC :P

But real-talk his contract is frontloaded hard, so it's a cheap buy-out and useful to the Arizonas of the world if they need to meet the league minimum. Plus Eriksson can still play - he was substantially better this year.

Edit: disregard my edit about retention - Hansen comes off this year

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Assuming there was considerable retention I think he wouldn't be a horrible pickup to see if CJ could spark something. It would have to happen AFTER we find a centre though, so its pointless to talk about now.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Man thisd be sweet please let it happen!!

Eriksson for a 6th STRAIGHT UP

MrGold

Mark Scheifele is a piece of ****
Jan 7, 2012
Montreal among the teams that inquired on Loui Eriksson?

but-why.gif

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Eriksson might bounce back playing beside either McDavid or Draisaitl. Or we could have the '6 million dollar line' in Lucic-RNH-Eriksson (that line would very likely suck, in all seriousness).

Russell for Eriksson? 'Nucks unload that contract and open a forward roster spot for a prospect, and Russell is fine as a 3rd pairing Dman even if overpaid (as is Eriksson); he can slot up to 2nd pairing and be adequate. Maybe 1m retained on Eriksson. Canucks save 1m in cap for the next few years, then Russell is gone. Not that it's likely the two teams trade, but whatever.

Nuge - McDavid - Puljujarvi
Lucic - Draisaitl - Eriksson
Caggiula - Strome - Yamamoto
Slepyshev - Khaira - Kassian/Aberg/Maksimov/Safin

This is ONLY if the Oilers can't sign or trade for someone better to slot into a RW spot for a reasonable price. It's certainly a big risk. We could end up with two completely washed up 6m dollar wingers in Lucic and Loui for a long time, so I'm not even sold on this myself; it's just an idea.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad