Post-Game Talk: Montréal Canadiens got Halak’ed 4-1 loss

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Please for the love of God score some goals…… or at least get some shots….. or zone time…or ANYTHING!!!!

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Best chance at not hitting 40 years is 1-2 more seasons of this. Get used to it bud

You aren't a real fan. A real fan never wants to lose. A real fan cheers for wins. A real fan accepts that his team is stuck in mediocreland, as long as they fight to win and rise above that. A real fan knows that once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen, so a real fan always cheers for his team to battle for a playoffs spot, no matter how futile, no matter how illogical.

Don't you know that your team winning is a complete reflection of yourself?

You have to cheer for them to win now, or else when they actually are good, you'll be a hypocrite for cheering them then.

Makes sense, right?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
So determined not to get blown out they generated little offense.
I am sure the folks who paid good money to see this exhibition are happy.

Can't believe Halak outlasted Pricer after all these years. Lets be honest he really was a stud
A 9th round pick who carved out a very nice career. Always been a fan.
I remember watching his 1st NHL win...3-2 in Columbus.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You aren't a real fan. A real fan never wants to lose. A real fan cheers for wins. A real fan accepts that his team is stuck in mediocreland, as long as they fight to win and rise above that. A real fan knows that once you're in the playoffs, anything can happen, so a real fan always cheers for his team to battle for a playoffs spot, no matter how futile, no matter how illogical.

Don't you know that your team winning is a complete reflection of yourself?

You have to cheer for them to win now, or else when they actually are good, you'll be a hypocrite for cheering them then.

Makes sense, right?

A real fan on a rebuilding team will have a default habit of cheering for wins cause they can't help it but happy with the losses in a Bedard draft (after the L and the game is over). If there is no default habit of cheering, you're mind controls your heart too much. It's OK if there is logical sense to why you want the loss but getting obsessive with either situation will probably lead to disappointment.

The problem I have are the fans who say they don't watch the games and then try to play expert on a player or situation later... lack of loyalty and ignorance. You watch regardless of the W or L. That's a true fan to me

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
A real fan on a rebuilding team will have a default habit of cheering for wins

You lost me right there because there is no "true fan".

It's a made-up term by those who can't accept a different way of seeing things.

It has nothing to do with logic over heart and everything to do with the lassitude from decades of rinse and repeating, leading us to nowhere.

Reactions: Doc McKenna and the

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
There you go, hurting people's feelings...............lol
Should be time for an injury, that no one saw happening, and finishes his career on LTIR...
Poor guy, he just needs more time, to be a better player, just a little more time......yup.
Yup….and to think some woukd even CONSIDER signing him for 1yr at league minimum is pure lunacy.

He failed as an NHLer…..no biggie, many have paved the way for this path…..he’s not the first and won’t be the last, but for the love of god, he needs to be cut loose, needs to be left behind moving forward

Wasn’t that Newton’s 3rd law??

1673008311923.gif

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
A real fan on a rebuilding team will have a default habit of cheering for wins cause they can't help it but happy with the losses in a Bedard draft (after the L and the game is over). If there is no default habit of cheering, you're mind controls your heart too much. It's OK if there is logical sense to why you want the loss but getting obsessive with either situation will probably lead to disappointment.

The problem I have are the fans who say they don't watch the games and then try to play expert on a player or situation later... lack of loyalty and ignorance. You watch regardless of the W or L. That's a true fan to me
I understand what you’re trying to say. There’s always a part of me when the game is in action that gets frustrated when they’re losing. That said, when the team is as bad as we’ve been the last two seasons, it’s really easy to put emotions aside and look at the bigger picture. As soon as the games done, I’m not upset in the slightest. I’m glad this is happening now and that start where we overachieved didn’t drag on longer then it should have. But as to your comment on what a “real fan” is. You either cheer for the Habs or you don’t. Just because you want them to lose short term for long term gain doesn’t make a person any less of a fan. Hopefully things will start to turn around a few years from now. We’re almost two years deep into this rebuild already. It’s a shame there was as much damage done with the former regime. This rebuild should’ve been started 3-4 years sooner than it was.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I understand what you’re trying to say. There’s always a part of me when the game is in action that gets frustrated when they’re losing. That said, when the team is as bad as we’ve been the last two seasons, it’s really easy to put emotions aside and look at the bigger picture. As soon as the games done, I’m not upset in the slightest. I’m glad this is happening now and that start where we overachieved didn’t drag on longer then it should have. But as to your comment on what a “real fan is.” You either cheer for the Habs or you don’t. Just because you want them to lose short term for long term gain doesn’t make a person any less of a fan. Hopefully things will start to turn around a few years from now. We’re almost two years deep in this rebuild already. It’s a shame there was as much damage done with the former regime. This rebuild should’ve been started 3-4 years sooner than it was.

Same with me. I just can't help but watch the game and hope we score goals. After we loose and we are tracking closer to the bottom 5, I'm perfectly fine with it.

I'm a bit superstitious. I'm not going to dwell over Bedard until we actually win the lottery. With our luck, we get the 2nd pick (lottery win) or the 3rd pick and we have a dilemma on who we are drafting again. KK or Tkachuk. Slaf or Nemec or Cooley or Wright type stuff.

Why couldn't Bedard be in the last draft FFS! We seem to have top 5 picks in weak drafts. So annoying. This draft appears to be deeper so yeah, lets see where those two 1st rounders end up

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Different strokes, I guess.

It's obvious they are the true fans though, abandonning ship when they lose a lot.
Hi, not sure of serious lol. I would take a 0-82 season if they played without a goalie, or naked, or Caufield in nets, or anything entertaining at all haha

for the first time since the 90’s I’m going to forfeit watching the rest of the season (cancelling my tva and rds online memberships today), only because I have 1000 hobbies more fun and the last 15 games made me feel like I ate undersized, cheap, frozen dinner of mashed potatoes with a slice of unflavoured tofu. Watched wjc and had a blast.

Reactions: jrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad