Post-Game Talk: Montréal Canadiens got Halak’ed 4-1 loss

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I, for one, can't believe a team with one line (that's all very young).. 4 rookie D, and two mediocre goalies playing over their head.. has fallen this hard.
I watched maybe about 5 minutes last night. During which I saw Xhekaj destroy 3 people along the board just before Allen dropped on his knees and promptly f#$%ed up a simple shot on net.

I also read that Chris The Stud Wideman was the only D with +.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Hi, not sure of serious lol. I would take a 0-82 season if they played without a goalie, or naked, or Caufield in nets, or anything entertaining at all haha

for the first time since the 90’s I’m going to forfeit watching the rest of the season (cancelling my tva and rds online memberships today), only because I have 1000 hobbies more fun and the last 15 games made me feel like I ate undersized, cheap, frozen dinner of mashed potatoes with a slice of unflavoured tofu. Watched wjc and had a blast.
Was it a Hungry-Man? That’s the big one!

• Haha
Reactions: Naslundforever

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Hi, not sure of serious lol. I would take a 0-82 season if they played without a goalie, or naked, or Caufield in nets, or anything entertaining at all haha

for the first time since the 90’s I’m going to forfeit watching the rest of the season (cancelling my tva and rds online memberships today), only because I have 1000 hobbies more fun and the last 15 games made me feel like I ate undersized, cheap, frozen dinner of mashed potatoes with a slice of unflavoured tofu. Watched wjc and had a blast.

So you weren't tired of the endless bubble teams we've had? Tired of never having what it takes to win it all? Most of all, tired of not having legitimate offensive stars?

Yeah a tanking team is boring, but the flip side should be better than what we've had in the past.

A team that's poorly built and always short of success will always be desperate to hang on and build on short term solutions (if their desire is to compete) while paying max to keep aging vets. This inevitably leads to a point where the aging vets break down and the team breaks down.

At that point, you either go all in on a rebuild or you linger in no man's land.

Can he leave Russia?

IDK

Reactions: Doc McKenna and the

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Can he leave Russia?
Sure he can. Russia isn't under any lockdown and doesn't have any mobility restrictions. But I think he's part of a hockey team and can't leave mid-season -- that's all there is to it.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
So you weren't tired of the endless bubble teams we've had? Tired of never having what it takes to win it all? Most of all, tired of not having legitimate offensive stars?

Yeah a tanking team is boring, but the flip side should better than what we've had in the past.

A team that's poorly built and always short of success will always be desperate to hang on and build on short term solutions (if their desire is to compete) while paying max to keep aging vets. This inevitable leads to a point where the aging vets break down and the team breaks down.

At that point, you either go all in on a rebuild or you linger in no man's land.

IDK
Yes, I’m 100% on board with the tanking and was necessary. I will neither accelerate or slow it down by watching. I’ll still follow personnel movement, maybe post teade-deadline I’ll re-up the membership if there are new rookies I feel like watching.

Reactions: ReHabs

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Monahan's injury, has been felt by all of the guys in the top 6

Proving why this team needs to do everything to draft or sign a #1 C to help the kids. PLD maybe?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

The 1st shot came in at 17min??!? A softie from Dadonov on top of it LOL wow :laugh:

24min for Savard, Guhle is not coming back it's so over for this team. Let's just pray it doesn't become toxic for the younger players.

On the radio today Marty said he liked the 1st period even if the team 1st shot came in with 3min left. He then went on to say scoring chances were tied so that's good. I didn't watch the game but from the highlights above the MSG guys pity us. Listen to it with sound.

I used to think this season was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a try not to laugh challenge.

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77 and Nedved

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
On the radio today Marty said he liked the 1st period even if the team 1st shot came in with 3min left. He then went on to say scoring chances were tied so that's good. I didn't watch the game but from the highlights above the MSG guys pity us. Listen to it with sound.

I used to think this season was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a try not to laugh challenge.
It's a tragicomedy.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

I really tried to like Marty, give him a chance.. I just cannot do it any longer.

Reactions: rik schau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad