Niemi (likely to start)

Lines at practice:

Last edited:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Félix Séguin
‏@fseguinhockey
Ce matin à l'entraînement, Michael McCarron est sur la 1re vague en avantage numérique avec Pacioretty, Plekanec, Subban et Beaulieu.

it's lit

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Carr and Hudon put up points in their 1st NHL game, too much to ask McCarron to do the same. :laugh:

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
Lines are

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Galchenyuk
Fleischmann-Desharnais-Weise
McCarron-Eller-Byron
Carr-Mitchell-Flynn

Andrighetto healthy scratch

Should put Carr with first line and leave chuckie wth Eller and Mac and put Byron on he fourth.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
So Andrighetto score 4 goals in 9 games, gets his icetime reduced and is now an heathly scratch on a team that can't score.

Way to go MT !

Maybe Lefebvre didn't prepare them enough for MT's liking. Frankly, it doesn't really make sense otherwise since he's one of the few players that wasn't getting lit up 5 on 5 while on the ice.

Should put Carr with first line and leave chuckie wth Eller and Mac and put Byron on he fourth.

Agreed. I'd even give McCarron shifts with Plek/Pac during the game to spice things up:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - McCarron/Carr
Fleischmann - Desharnais - Weise
Eller - Galchenyuk - McCarron/Carr
Byron - Mitchell - Flynn

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
Byron should sit and Gettho should play although it's really splitting hairs at this point: the leaders need to step up.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm only back because it's Christmas Holidays from my HR course. I haven't really watched much of the games this season for reasons listed in the Summer, of course, with call ups, Galchenyuk at center, etc. I would watch the games that I could.

It is quite funny that we started off so hot, there was little to complain about. Galchenyuk was playing center, Desharnais was playing well, sheltered with third line minutes, showing good chemistry with Weise/Flesichmann. Semin experiment wasn't paying dividends but the line itself was still showing some spark even if there wasn't a whole lot of results. Patches/Pleks/Gally were doing well.

All it took was one loss for Therrien to go off the rails, somewhat pull it back in, then two games against New Jersey (who are notoriously stingy) where the offense wasn't spectacular but did enough to produce 3 pts out of 4, for Therrien to lose his mind and go back to what hasn't and will never work.

Here we are in December.. Galchenyuk is back at wing. Grinders are regularly cycled through the line-up playing in offensive roles even though other players deserve more of a chance. Desharnais is regularly getting 18+ minutes of ice time, getting looks with Pacioretty, ample power play time.

Andrighetto and Hudon show sparks of offense, but it's the same old, produce but don't be perfect defensively, you get sent down into the abyss, don't produce for a little while and then you are banished to the AHL. I can imagine it will be the same for McCarron, although I suspect Therrien will bench Big Mac if he shows offense, he's going to want him to play the role of DSP out there.

Carr, save for Thomas, has been the least impressive call-up, but seems to be given the most rope because he "looks like" he's working hard out there. Therrien still can't give up a potential scoring chance for a potential scoring chance for us and that is why we are back to struggling to score. The reins have been tightened and dinosaur MT has returned, which is a shame, because, as elusive as it was, it really looked like management and the coaching staff finally got on the same page on how to maximize offense out of this group. I guess one can't fight their true nature.

I'm excited to see Big Mac but I don't think it will really work in our favor. Pacioretty is an awful PP player and is usually the reason why we lose possession. He forces passes and routinely makes ones ripe for turn-overs and clears.

I would use Patches-Galchenyuk-McCarron as the first wave. Galchenyuk would be the half-board puck distributor/shot threat (when he is on the half wall he looks and runs the PP like Kovalev did). Pacioretty needs to be in the high slot for quick shots and/or high slot tips.. with McCarron doing the grunt work in front of the goalie and along the boards.

But who I am? Why would we play our players to their strengths like we did at the beginning of the season?

void

Jan 5, 2006
So excited to see McCarron tonight! First pp unit?!?

...Wonder how long that'll last.

void

Jan 5, 2006
My prediction for tonight; Either we massacre them or they massacre us. I don't expect it to be a close game.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
I'm only back because it's Christmas Holidays from my HR course. I haven't really watched much of the games this season for reasons listed in the Summer, of course, with call ups, Galchenyuk at center, etc. I would watch the games that I could.

It is quite funny that we started off so hot, there was little to complain about. Galchenyuk was playing center, Desharnais was playing well, sheltered with third line minutes, showing good chemistry with Weise/Flesichmann. Semin experiment wasn't paying dividends but the line itself was still showing some spark even if there wasn't a whole lot of results. Patches/Pleks/Gally were doing well.

All it took was one loss for Therrien to go off the rails, somewhat pull it back in, then two games against New Jersey (who are notoriously stingy) where the offense wasn't spectacular but did enough to produce 3 pts out of 4, for Therrien to lose his mind and go back to what hasn't and will never work.

Here we are in December.. Galchenyuk is back at wing. Grinders are regularly cycled through the line-up playing in offensive roles even though other players deserve more of a chance. Desharnais is regularly getting 18+ minutes of ice time, getting looks with Pacioretty, ample power play time.

Andrighetto and Hudon show sparks of offense, but it's the same old, produce but don't be perfect defensively, you get sent down into the abyss, don't produce for a little while and then you are banished to the AHL. I can imagine it will be the same for McCarron, although I suspect Therrien will bench Big Mac if he shows offense, he's going to want him to play the role of DSP out there.

Carr, save for Thomas, has been the least impressive call-up, but seems to be given the most rope because he "looks like" he's working hard out there. Therrien still can't give up a potential scoring chance for a potential scoring chance for us and that is why we are back to struggling to score. The reins have been tightened and dinosaur MT has returned, which is a shame, because, as elusive as it was, it really looked like management and the coaching staff finally got on the same page on how to maximize offense out of this group. I guess one can't fight their true nature.

I'm excited to see Big Mac but I don't think it will really work in our favor. Pacioretty is an awful PP player and is usually the reason why we lose possession. He forces passes and routinely makes ones ripe for turn-overs and clears.

I would use Patches-Galchenyuk-McCarron as the first wave. Galchenyuk would be the half-board puck distributor/shot threat (when he is on the half wall he looks and runs the PP like Kovalev did). Pacioretty needs to be in the high slot for quick shots and/or high slot tips.. with McCarron doing the grunt work in front of the goalie and along the boards.

But who I am? Why would we play our players to their strengths like we did at the beginning of the season?

Pretty much this.

I don't like that Galchenyuk is playing wing again. He needs to be develloped at center. If we don't have good wingers, why don't we do something about it instead or ****ing around with Galchenyuk.

Hudon had two very good games. 2 points in 2 nights. Ghetto has been the best call up. Where are those guys now?

McCarron on LW? Really?

Everything to help the youngsters succeed I guess. :shakehead

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Spot on!:handclap:

Bergevin is supposed to be all "building through the draft" philosophy, with young prospects.
On the other hand, Therrien doesn't give prospects any chances to progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad