Monthly News Thread (September/October 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They pretty much want NJPW but with the name value of WWE.

Hopefully that means we get an NXT version of Smackdown with the new deal, though, and Triple H has more control of that and Vince can dick around with the comedy on Raw.
Smackdown will be the A-show, and on a national network, probably take more control. If anything, Raw would benefit.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Punk was bang-on when he said it, all those years ago.

It's just become more and more apparent now.

Vince is too nostalgic and unwilling to bend, tragically convinced that the WWE fans only like what he tells them to like.

I mean, I don't wish any harm or death upon the guy, but he's actively holding his own company back with some of the decisions he makes.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
A few good names there for the women's battle royal. Alundra Blayze A.K.A. Madusa is among the best women's wrestlers ever.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- WWE have delayed the ticket sales for Crown Jewel until November 2nd, the date of the show, leading to speculation that the event will be cancelled althogether in the wake of Saudi Arabia admitting the journalist was killed.

- Jim Ross and Chris Jericho are reportedly starting their own promotion, and are backed by the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars, and are in talks with a deal with AXS TV. Jericho is a free agent and have been talking with NJPW talents about possibly joining in and Cody Rhodes, Hangman Page and The Young Bucks have already said they are in. Jim Ross is currently signed to a deal with WWE, but it is expiring soon and he’s already told WWE he won’t be resigning. Ross has reportedly also been talking to different WWE talents whose contract are expiring soon to see if they’d be interested as well.

Agent Barry Bloom is working with Ross and Y2J to put the pieces together. Bloom represents Goldberg and apparently Goldberg might be involved in some way shape or form.

If it all comes together, the first show is expected to be in 2019 or 2020

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
- WWE have delayed the ticket sales for Crown Jewel until November 2nd, the date of the show, leading to speculation that the event will be cancelled althogether in the wake of Saudi Arabia admitting the journalist was killed.

- Jim Ross and Chris Jericho are reportedly starting their own promotion, and are backed by the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars, and are in talks with a deal with AXS TV. Jericho is a free agent and have been talking with NJPW talents about possibly joining in and Cody Rhodes, Hangman Page and The Young Bucks have already said they are in. Jim Ross is currently signed to a deal with WWE, but it is expiring soon and he’s already told WWE he won’t be resigning. Ross has reportedly also been talking to different WWE talents whose contract are expiring soon to see if they’d be interested as well.

Agent Barry Bloom is working with Ross and Y2J to put the pieces together. Bloom represents Goldberg and apparently Goldberg might be involved in some way shape or form.

Vince will be pissed.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
That's awesome.

Makes me think Nikki's reaction was genuine.

Good. :laugh:
She posted a wall of text on her Instagram about the promo.
A certain someone may say I knocked down a certain door. But that door was an open door that lead me to true love. A love and a bond that will always be in my heart. The words I’ll choose to remember today are Bellalution and Bella Army. Our Bella Army has taught us the power of unity, perseverance and believing in ourselves. And that’s what I have done. I have persevered and have believed in my purpose. Which has helped us create a Bellalution. Whether there is a lack of respect from @rondarousey or a certain perception @wwe and other talent have made of my sister and I, one thing we have never done is given up. Never have let the darkness take our light that we love to share and shine. We have never stopped smiling. And we have never let their hurtful words, which all are the same, stop us from living our best life of happiness, fulfilling our dreams, doing what we love to do and growing a beautiful, strong Bella Army. Ronda, your welcome, for giving you a big, beautiful open door to walk through last night in Philly, just know that it will be hitting you in the a** at Evolution.
5Zrpqe4.gif

Reactions: ColePens

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Imagine Nikki trying to do something about it? Like... if there’s heat, what are you going to do to Ronda f***ing Rousey? She’s the biggest star in the division and she could legitimately kill you if she wanted to with her bare hands.

Imagine going from “I’ll never work for anyone in North America because of Vince” to “I’m starting my own wrestling company and want to poach WWE’s talent.”

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Shahid Khan (the Jags' owner) is worth over $7 billion.

If he’s investing a lot, Jim Ross and Y2J could build a heck of a competitor.

I wonder what affect this could/will have on the NJPW North American Expansion

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
with all this tease the Elite is doing. i wouldnt be surprised thats their plan. they end up leaving NJPW/ROH but not joining WWE.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't think I'd really care for another new promotion, it would have to force out one of the ones I already follow and I can't see that happening easily. Being Elite heavy would also be an easy pass for me too (if that ends up being the case).

But there is one guy who I'd really be interested in seeing them start a promotion, and that's Lance Storm.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
with all this tease the Elite is doing. i wouldnt be surprised thats their plan. they end up leaving NJPW/ROH but not joining WWE.

With Meltzer saying recently there was talk that Luke Gallows might leave the WWE when his contract is up, I wonder if he’s someone who was talked to. Meltzer thought it would be for NJPW, but with this coming out, could make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad