Monthly News Thread (September 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
still not the right thing to do. imagine at your job your bosses brought in a guest speaker and you sat there **** talking him with your bosses in the room. not smart.

If your bosses are shoveling ****.....

Dr Maroon's credibility has taken a huge hit in recent years, you know....

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It'll be Lawler. It definitely won't be Renee.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Corbin's heat may stem from a meeting held by Dr. Maroon regarding concussions and CTE and how Corbin would constantly speak up and refute most of what Maroon and the other doctors would say because he's a former football player. A lot of top execs were in the room. Corbin's interruptions lead to the doctors losing track during the presentation, and it was described as "awkward" due to Corbin.

They don't care about the twitter stuff.

This is from Mike Johnson (PWInsider). He claims four different people (wrestlers) have told him something along these lines. Corbin essentially **** on everything Maroon (also the head of the wellness policy) was saying.
Corbin going after that quack actually makes me like him and I didn't think that was possible. Good on Corbin.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anticipating him getting pinched by the wellness policy now.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
still not the right thing to do. imagine at your job your bosses brought in a guest speaker and you sat there **** talking him with your bosses in the room. not smart.

Reminds me of when I was in 5th grade in catholic school we went to this small nature park and specifically asked the presenter about the time period dinosaurs existed then stood up, pointed at our religion teacher nun and called her out in front of everyone on how she was completely wrong about dinosaurs.

That lady despised me as I would try to refute everything she said in class. A lot of my recesses were spent cleaning desks in grade school.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wrestling is weird.

Sasha openly complained on Sam Roberts' podcast about airport stalkers arriving at 5am to get autographs and calling airports beforehand to see when she (and other superstars) would fly in or get home after a loop.

Randy, Breeze, Big E, Seth, Jericho, etc. have talked about the same thing in the past, but now that Sasha talks about it, there's a big fuss about it and Bubba tweets about how "you should worry if no one is waiting at 5am for you". wtf

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wrestling is weird.

Sasha openly complained on Sam Roberts' podcast about airport stalkers arriving at 5am to get autographs and calling airports beforehand to see when she (and other superstars) would fly in or get home after a loop.

Randy, Breeze, Big E, Seth, Jericho, etc. have talked about the same thing in the past, but now that Sasha talks about it, there's a big fuss about it and Bubba tweets about how "you should worry if no one is waiting at 5am for you". wtf

I wonder what the difference is between Sasha and the 5 other people you mentioned.

Oct 18, 2011
Wrestling is weird.

She should havd picked another profession this has gone on long before she ever showed up

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hate being "that guy" but it's mindblowing stuff how people don't want fans, but fans drive the business. And then when they leave the spotlight, they crave that moment again. Fans showing up at 5am just to see you is unreal flattering. I think it's fair to say it's tough sometimes, but at the end of the day to be looked upon like a hero has to be well worth it.

I know it's difficult. I get it. But you get zero sympathy from me.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
She should havd picked another profession this has gone on long before she ever showed up

What about Randy, Breeze, Seth, E, Jericho?

She knows what she signed up for. But when fans are staking out the airport, calling to see when flights come in that are holding WWE superstars, etc., that's where she (and Seth, who's tweeted as such) considers it stalking and it's wrong.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
The idea that people can't comprehend why a small woman might feel uneasy with people stalking her blows my mind. The Bubba tweet in particular was incredibly tone deaf.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The idea that people can't comprehend why a small woman might feel uneasy with people stalking her blows my mind. The Bubba tweet in particular was incredibly tone deaf.

Is she claiming stalking? Or just fans being around here? I didn't hear the interview so I don't know the context. She can hire security. If I were a female like Bliss or someone like that, I would travel with security.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Is she claiming stalking? Or just fans being around here? I didn't hear the interview so I don't know the context. She can hire security. If I were a female like Bliss or someone like that, I would travel with security.
Anyone who is tracking you down in an airport or hotel is stalking.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Stalking. People call airports to see when she's flying in. She told a story of one time being sent home early from a loop because of an injury or something and no one knew because the loop wasn't over, yet fans were there and when she asked how they knew she was flying in they said they called the airport.

It's stalking.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
For more on women being stalked by deranged fans read AJ Lee-Brooks' book "Crazy is my Superpower". It's a real problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad