Monthly News Thread (November 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Balor is definitely over but I find him so bland and boring. I think he should always have the paint, maybe a bit more subtle. It's silly that he only sometimes "brings out the demon". Kayfabe wise, why didn't he do that for Survivor Series if that match is so important.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Balor is definitely over but I find him so bland and boring. I think he should always have the paint, maybe a bit more subtle. It's silly that he only sometimes "brings out the demon". Kayfabe wise, why didn't he do that for Survivor Series if that match is so important.

I posted that like 3 times in the GDT. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You saw how he was booked, right? That's why.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
A 5v5 elimination match isn’t a place for the Demon gimmick anyway. That gimmick is for big 1v1 storylines or title matches.

It’s stupid to suggest that he should have been wearing it “if that match was so important”

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
A 5v5 elimination match isn’t a place for the Demon gimmick anyway. That gimmick is for big 1v1 storylines or title matches.

It’s stupid to suggest that he should have been wearing it “if that match was so important”

So you're saying a match to determine brand superiority isn't good enough for Finn to be the Demon? We're talking kayfabe here, not what the actual gimmick is good for and whatnot. We get WHY it wasn't used, but kayfabe wise its just dumb as hell.

It's just funny that Finn doesn't find the match all that important to be the Demon, and thus gets eliminated. :laugh:

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So you're saying a match to determine brand superiority isn't good enough for Finn to be the Demon? We're talking kayfabe here, not what the actual gimmick is good for and whatnot. We get WHY it wasn't used, but kayfabe wise its just dumb as hell.

It's just funny that Finn doesn't find the match all that important to be the Demon, and thus gets eliminated. :laugh:
Well considering everyone seems to want him to leave Raw anyway, why would he care about winning at all??!?

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Well considering everyone seems to want him to leave Raw anyway, why would he care about winning at all??!?

True, if he cared about winning at all he would just wrestle as the demon full time. He's probably too lazy to put on all that makeup and gets squashed by Kane because of it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

The Demon gimmick is a subconscious thing. It comes out when something is deeply personal to Balor. When we saw Finn lose to Bray, the next match the Demon came out to defeat him. When titles are on the line, the Demon comes out to ensure Finn wins.

“Brand Superiority” matters, and probably means something Finn Balor, but it’s a group thing, not a personal thing, and the Demon doesn’t care about the group.

It should also go without saying that the Demon isn’t a “Finn actually wants to win” thing either.

It makes sense in both Kayfabe and non-kayfabe worlds

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
^ That explanation is much better, but my question is...did you pull that from anywhere? Like, has the WWE actually gone to explain that gimmick as in depth, and I just missed it?

The Balor vs. Bray gimmick played out like this to me, Bray beat Finn and Finn was like, oh no you didn't I am the demon now! Maybe it was me totally missing the aspects of the feud because I am so bored with the WWE lately, but that's how it came off in my head.

And having to go to Twitter, Tout, YouTube or whatever the F social media platform to figure storylines and shit out is beyond ridiculous IMO. Just another off-topic rant but I find it pretty dumb when YouTube kayfabe interviews are better than what we get on TV.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
what does social media have to do with it. its been clear from the booking. its the one thing they have actually done right. dont waste the demon on multiman matches where it doesnt feel special

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Alright I am obviously in the minority on this one. :laugh: I find the booking to be dumb.

I guess you guys also enjoyed Corporate Kane switching to Demon Kane when it was a special match. :sarcasm:

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
what does social media have to do with it. its been clear from the booking. its the one thing they have actually done right. dont waste the demon on multiman matches where it doesnt feel special

I clearly said this was an off topic rant when it came to social media, meaning it had nothing to do with my previous sentence.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Except those two things are different and you know that.

Well, I did use a sarcasm smiley. If you like the whole demon angle that's good, I am just not a big fan and I am not even a Balor hater. "Demon Balor" coming out has not gotten me excited whatsoever in any feud thus far. The Balor-Wyatt angle was horrendous overall IMO as well.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
by the way marks, WWE Network is doing 3 months for 99 cents. takes you past Elim Chamber

basically I got 5-6 months of Network for 99 cents since I had Sept to Dec free lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad