Monthly News Thread (January 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Oh the door for Punk returning to WWE may be open just a small little crack while Vince is alive, but I'm convinced that door shuts completely and is probably burned to the ground the moment Vince dies and HHH and Steph take full control. Neither of them liked Punk and HHH's ego and stubborness will never allow him to bring Punk back.
the old man would bring Punk back in an instant I'm sure he's tried

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd be interested in a Punk return of course because that initial return story writes itself. He'd have to do a program with Trips immediately upon his return but I'd want his return to just be where they have it dark for a couple minutes and then they bring the lights up and he's sitting in the middle of the ring with a mic. Just cut a ten minute promo not mentioning anyone by name just ending with something like I've got unfinished business here, drop the mic, and walk out.

I mean, I know it'll not likely happen but there's stories there to be told if they figured it out. Also, I'm not entirely sold on Trips being too stubborn to bring Punk back. I can see why someone would think that but I can see why someone may think he'd bring Punk back. Even with the animosity towards one another, I think Trips can get past it when it's him making the decisions on talent and not Vince anymore. Steph on the other hand I have no idea about when it comes to this stuff.

Reactions: KEEROLE Vatanen

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ehhhhhh when it comes to grudges I don't think anyone holds a grudge quite like Triple H. As much as I hate him, it's Vince that always keeps the door open for a potential return for anyone, even someone that has been banished as much as Hogan. I can't ever see Triple H bringing Punk back. Not only that, but the absolute last thing Punk would want to do is work a program with Triple H.

Reactions: McGhost Division

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ehhhhhh when it comes to grudges I don't think anyone holds a grudge quite like Triple H. As much as I hate him, it's Vince that always keeps the door open for a potential return for anyone, even someone that has been banished as much as Hogan. I can't ever see Triple H bringing Punk back. Not only that, but the absolute last thing Punk would want to do is work a program with Triple H.

In this situation, I honestly don't think Triple H holds a grudge against Punk. He may not like him or is weird around the guy or thinks he's overrated but I don't think he holds some grudge against him. Punk certainly does and I think he'd be the reason why they don't work it out. I think Trips' side in this when it comes to hating on Punk isn't really a huge thing. I can see why Punk wouldn't want to work a program with Triple H but if he came back, there's simply no avoiding it.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Yeah but until that happens I don’t care. I’m sick of speculating about a guy who’s trashed pro wrestling and said he hates it.

It won’t be in WWE anyways.

Don't you do that too? :sarcasm:

It's funny to think there is any way Bryan will be booed feuding with Shane. Shane has acted like the heel the entire time.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Taking full control of a company like WWE can make you forget grudges quickly.

A CM Punk return is the biggest thing that this company could do, with all due respect to Daniel Bryan

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Don't you do that too? :sarcasm:

It's funny to think there is any way Bryan will be booed feuding with Shane. Shane has acted like the heel the entire time.
I do but I didn’t make millions from wrestling lol.

The guy would straight up just say it’s all fake. Even Lesnar defends the business when someone calls it fake.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I do but I didn’t make millions from wrestling lol.

The guy would straight up just say it’s all fake. Even Lesnar defends the business when someone calls it fake.

Lesnar shit on the business at the biggest event putting on a half ass show to protect himself and get paid. I think he's done right for himself since, but let's not defend one person because another person is more of a dick.

Yes - Punk is a dick. What is his biggest asset is his biggest character flaw in real life. He's a jerk. He has a forever chip on his shoulder and it made him one of the best wrestlers of all time. That chip on his shoulder also gets him in trouble because he is a jerk, even to his friends. The CM Punk documentary is sort of funny where all of his friends even know there are times where you can't even talk to the guy because he's just so tortured inside and needs to be a jerk.

Ironically - I heard some of the same things about KO.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I would make more of an effort to watch if Punk came back.

I agree that as long as Vince is around he's going to want to leave the door open. But HHH probably thinks there are better guys in the wings from NXT so yeah, I think he'll pass.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Lesnar **** on the business at the biggest event putting on a half ass show to protect himself and get paid. I think he's done right for himself since, but let's not defend one person because another person is more of a dick.

Yes - Punk is a dick. What is his biggest asset is his biggest character flaw in real life. He's a jerk. He has a forever chip on his shoulder and it made him one of the best wrestlers of all time. That chip on his shoulder also gets him in trouble because he is a jerk, even to his friends. The CM Punk documentary is sort of funny where all of his friends even know there are times where you can't even talk to the guy because he's just so tortured inside and needs to be a jerk.

Ironically - I heard some of the same things about KO.
What? My post was literally about Punk talking shit about the business and saying how it's all fake fighting, whereas even Lesnar stops short and defends it there.

My point is that the speculation of a guy who doesn't give a damn about the business right now is tiring. If he comes back, I'll watch. Until then, I don't care about him or care to speculate on a return.

I don't care if Lesnar half-assed an event 2 years ago anymore. Did I care then? Sure, it was disappointing as f***, but I don't care now. His performances since then have all been entertaining.

I just don't care about the dude at this time. Like I said, if he comes back, sure, I'll watch. Until then, Punk can go fight prelim fights or get wrecked in the first minute of a fight in the octagon again, I don't care. I also know he's not coming back to WWE while he's still under UFC contract, so it's a moot point to even think about it now anyways.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Becky and Sami. the reveal video is so cool

I hope Becky brings back "Good Sami" haha

Reactions: Medzaideva

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Samoa Joe has a plantar fascia rupture in his foot. Though doctors are waiting on an MRI to confirm.

According to runnersworld.com, this injury can take 12 or more weeks to get back to 100%, though it can be back to 80% in 6-8 weeks. The most serious cases could require surgery if there's no improvement after 6 months, but roughly only 5% of cases require that.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It is going to be close. It isn't an injury you can rehab. It has to be immobile and simply heal.

This sucks
I think he can be back by Elimination Chamber. That's roughly 8 weeks from now. Wrestlemania is like... what? 13 weeks away? His and Ambrose's return may lineup perfectly, to be honest.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It sounds like something that you need to let heal but once the healing has started, and is going well, you can start using it again. So while he won't be able to tour, maybe he can still do the PPVs. Maybe even a protected Rumble spot?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It sounds like something that you need to let heal but once the healing has started, and is going well, you can start using it again. So while he won't be able to tour, maybe he can still do the PPVs. Maybe even a protected Rumble spot?
That's what I was thinking. The only worry with the Rumble is if he takes an awkward dump over the top and re-injures it. If anything, he should just do a run-in and take out Cena after losing his spot in the match due to injury if the healing is going well by then.

I do think he can work the chamber which is at the end of February, and should definitely be good to go for Wrestlemania IMO. Like I said, decent chance Ambrose/Joe returns line up perfectly (no I still don't buy for a second that Ambrose is going to be out for 9 months -- at worst he'll be the post-WM Raw return).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He should still be in the walking boot by the Rumble. Working on it just risks further injury that quickly. It is the type of injury you really have to just sit around and wait to heal, which is why it is such a frustrating injury, especially for runners.

They removed him from the Rumble graphic so I think it is safe to say he is missing that.

It all depends. If it all goes well he could make EC and Mania, but it isn’t a guarantee. Hopefully it heals up nice and quick.

The other problem is if he isn’t back by EC he might just miss Mania due to not having anything to do like how he and Finn were off the card last year.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Joe's just gonna be put in the stupid battle royal anyways. I doubt they have anything planned for him

That is my fear. Especially if he misses EC. They won’t have anything for him to do and will just job in that dumb Battle Royal for a pay day.

Not that it sounded like he had much to do at Mania to begin with since feuding with Cena was just meant to be filler, and Roman will obviously be busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad