Monthly News Thread (January 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
booker t says corey graves is the reason he's off commentary, cuz officials were affraid Booker was gonna break his neck.

Booker T says that if he ever meets with Corey outside of work duty, he will kick his ass.
That is hilarious. :laugh:

Booker’s off commentary because he’s awful though.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Booker was bad, but it only took one show to remind me of how much worse Coach was.

Honestly, Percy might be the best third guy in any of their current announce teams. He was surprisingly decent at Takeover with a larger role than usual in Nigel's absence.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Nah, Percy wasn't good at TakeOver. What you saw was just how insanely better a two-man commentary team is. He isn't terrible, but he's still bad. I still like him more than the rest of the third wheels, but it's not really saying much.

That and it's hard to seem bad when Mauro talks so much lol.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Jason Jordan's neck is in really bad shape. He's having trouble gripping in his hands. He was supposed to have a spot in the Elimination Chamber match but what was originally supposed to be a back injury is much worse. Meltzer said it's looking like an Anderson or Benoit type situation where if he needs surgery, he's going to be off for at least a year and he's really trying to avoid getting that surgery. Edge had the same surgery for the same problem to the point where he couldn't lift a dumbbell and was out 14 months.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think the auditions for “Seth Rollins’” new tag team partner won’t be very crowded

:sarcasm:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
To bad to see that about Jordan, guy was turning into something special. He's not 30 yet so a yr. off may not be a career ender.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
throw seth with the miz for the ic
i would have more faith than braun for a "good" instead of a "fun" match.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I wish they'd bring back MITB to strictly WM.

Always a great kickoff to the show.
I think you'll be waiting a while for that now that they've turned Money in the Bank into the new cross-show big-five PPV.

But there's still a chance that they'll do a Intercontinental or tag title ladder match. Not the same consequences, but you can do the same kind of match on the actual show.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
throw seth with the miz for the ic
i would have more faith than braun for a "good" instead of a "fun" match.
You could do a Miz/Balor/Rollins program for the title. They definitely planted some seeds for a Finn/Rollins rivalry.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
What would do they in case of rain?
The last time they were at Met Life for Mania it actually did rain very briefly during the opening pre show match with The Miz. They had a giant canopy over the ring, and that was a problem because the support beams were decorated in a way that made it impossible for me to see more than half the ring. I basically watched the show on the jumbotron.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think you'll be waiting a while for that now that they've turned Money in the Bank into the new cross-show big-five PPV.

But there's still a chance that they'll do a Intercontinental or tag title ladder match. Not the same consequences, but you can do the same kind of match on the actual show.

I have a feeling the US Title Match will be a ladder match. Though personally I would still only make it a 3 or 4 man match. Say, Roode, Dillinger, Rusev, and someone else (Corbin?)

Have a tag team ladder match as the big car crash one. Uso's, New Day, Gable/Benjamin, maybe a callup team. Maybe put Rusev Day here, and replace Rusev in the US match.

If Sheamus is done after WrestleMania, I'd have them lose in just a straight up match. (Maybe Hardy/Wyatt if they end up teaming together). Then you can do a send off the next night for Sheamus if you want Cesaro being a face, or have Cesaro destroy Sheamus after the match if you want him heel.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If Sheamus is done after WM I’d do AOP vs. Sheamus and Cesaro with AOP going over and then Cesaro and Sheamus having one final battle in front of the night after WM Raw crowd for 20 minutes for old times sake to send Sheamus off.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Are AOP any good in the ring? Not sure if I've see them in anything but squash matches but I love their look and gimmick and Ellering is great.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Are AOP any good in the ring? Not sure if I've see them in anything but squash matches but I love their look and gimmick and Ellering is great.
They’ve had great match after great match for about a year now. They play their role perfectly.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The thing with the Authors of Pain is their act doesn't require great wrestling, they just need to be non-terrible and they easily past that point now. They've got the act done great, so I think it's fair to say they are a very good team on the whole.

All they need is the booking and writing to play into their strengths that they've had in NXT to be a good act on the main roster.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You mean like a dozen squash matches before eventually winning the titles on Raw or SmackDown and then getting beat after 5!weeks on a PPV?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE has ordered 5000 more Rusev Day calendars after the initial 2500 sold out quicker than they expected.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think they have a gold mine in Rusev, hope they realize this and not blow it. Guy could be their next great star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad