Monthly News Thread (April 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
you're doing the same thing. Meltzer says something. people start using headlines of "meltzer reported this" when he only speculated.. and instead of listening to the podcast or reading the story. you jump on the hate train.
go find the actual audio of what he said about Peyton. not a silly google search with people giving him crap cuz they thought he said that.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
you're doing the same thing. Meltzer says something. people start using headlines of "meltzer reported this" when he only speculated.. and instead of listening to the podcast or reading the story. you jump on the hate train.
go find the actual audio of what he said about Peyton. not a silly google search with people giving him crap cuz they thought he said that.

Fake journalists don't get clicks from me.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
then stop wasting your time hating him if you dont care about his opinion, unless" you heard that he might have said something wrong about your favorite wrestler?"
pretty silly.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Saw the quotes because I follow Peyton Royce.
You really should go to the actual source.

I don't expect it to change your mind, your burning hate is very clear, but at least then you'd learn to hate those who re-report him too. You'd see just how little of what he apparently says he actually does say.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Whatever. Keep slurping up whatever trash Meltzer throws at the wall.
Keep slurping the foot you put in your mouth by going on a rage against Dave because you couldn’t do your own due diligence to seek out a source or context other than “oh, I follow Peyton on twitter so he said this!”

This entire exchange was you putting your foot in your mouth and it was entirely unnecessary.

Reactions: SimR and DaaaaB's

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Seth has lost momentum but I think ya'll are being dramatic tbh. :laugh:

Or, he gets some momentum and people overrate him. It happens. It's going on with Kingston right now, Rusev a few months ago.

More and more people need to realize that Meltzer is full of **** and makes things up.

There's a reason very few people in the industry have any respect for him.

Meltzer's a good reporter. He's usually right, and when he is wrong he owns up to it. I trust his reports more than I do those of most wrestlers, who usually revise stories to promote themselves or contradict what they've already said. The only issue with Meltzer is that people put a lot of stock in his opinions, which aren't much better than what you could find in any other discussion of wrestling. As a reporter though the guy is good.

The Royce thing was completely on people, including some here, rushing to be show how moral they are online. Meltzer said that she didn't need implants. That's about it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The problem with Meltzer is that he’ll say something as speculation and then you’ll have news aggregators saying Meltzer said it as news.

The other problem with Meltzer is he covers the industry where the biggest company in the world in said industry is run by a guy who can literally change his mind at any given time.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The problem with Meltzer is that he’ll say something as speculation and then you’ll have news aggregators saying Meltzer said it as news.

The other problem with Meltzer is he covers the industry where the biggest company in the world in said industry is run by a guy who can literally change his mind at any given time.

Kinda like Friedman. He'll clearly say "I think" or "I believe" and then people here run around acting like it's actually rumors. When Friedman has something to say, it's almost always with the "I'm hearing" or "According to a source/sources", and the rest is his own speculation. It's also funny when people bash his 31 Thoughts Column for being all speculation when that is literally the premise of the column itself.

PBandJ

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Keep slurping the foot you put in your mouth by going on a rage against Dave because you couldn’t do your own due diligence to seek out a source or context other than “oh, I follow Peyton on twitter so he said this!”

This entire exchange was you putting your foot in your mouth and it was entirely unnecessary.

Spitting facts isn't putting my foot in my mouth.

Funny how people actually in the industry have little respect for him but he's adored by the smarks.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I get all my wrestling news from here or the old school WWF page so I have no idea who is good or not.
There's basically four sites of value:
Wrestling Observer (Dave Meltzer)
PWTorch (Wade Keller)
PWSheet (Ryan Satin)
PWInsider (Mike Johnson)

And then Squared Circle Sirens, who only report on women's wrestling (and sometimes NXT, I think they are local). They're legit, just limited.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm still convinced that Friedman and Dreger are eachother's sources, and they have a deal to pass off their thoughts as rumours.

Dreger is such an amateur.

He keeps putting Dave Nonis' name into the EDM and SEA GM job candidates, despite no one else every mentioning him. Then he's had a couple awkward moments where it's clear he's getting info from Paul Marner and/or Marner's agent. There's this Insider Trading or TSN Panel segment from around when Matthews signed his extension and they were talking about Marner and his upcoming extension, and Dreger went like, red in the face when McKenzie, after Dreger said Marner's camp would start at the Matthews deal, was explaining that the Leafs look at Matthews as the franchise guy, former 1st overall pick, playing a prime position, and a better goal scorer than Marner, so Marner won't get what Matthews got, and Dreger like awkwardly got upset and that Marner's camp would argue against all that, and if not an offer sheet would be an option.

It wasn't the usual discussion they do, it was really awkward but hilarious because it was clear Dreger was a mouth piece for Marner's agent/dad there, and McKenzie stepped on it all lmao

Everything Dreger says is so blatantly coming from whoever he is talking about, so he puts it out there to keep getting more information.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Spitting facts isn't putting my foot in my mouth.

Funny how people actually in the industry have little respect for him but he's adored by the smarks.
Like who? Guys like Jericho, Austin, The Rock, JR, Foley, etc. all respect Dave. Hell, Vince McMahon used to get copies of the WON on his desk, so he obviously respects/ed Dave.

Just because you read a couple of tweets from the current talent who, again, took his words out of context and insulted him on Twitter, it doesn't mean he's not respected in the industry. Get real.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

He keeps putting Dave Nonis' name into the EDM and SEA GM job candidates, despite no one else every mentioning him. Then he's had a couple awkward moments where it's clear he's getting info from Paul Marner and/or Marner's agent. There's this Insider Trading or TSN Panel segment from around when Matthews signed his extension and they were talking about Marner and his upcoming extension, and Dreger went like, red in the face when McKenzie, after Dreger said Marner's camp would start at the Matthews deal, was explaining that the Leafs look at Matthews as the franchise guy, former 1st overall pick, playing a prime position, and a better goal scorer than Marner, so Marner won't get what Matthews got, and Dreger like awkwardly got upset and that Marner's camp would argue against all that, and if not an offer sheet would be an option.

It wasn't the usual discussion they do, it was really awkward but hilarious because it was clear Dreger was a mouth piece for Marner's agent/dad there, and McKenzie stepped on it all lmao

Everything Dreger says is so blatantly coming from whoever he is talking about, so he puts it out there to keep getting more information.

Dreger, Friedman, Kypreos, any of those guys who frequent the morning shows here on 590 or 1050 or appear on "insider panels", are usually blowing hot air.

PBandJ

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Like who? Guys like Jericho, Austin, The Rock, JR, Foley, etc. all respect Dave. Hell, Vince McMahon used to get copies of the WON on his desk, so he obviously respects/ed Dave.

Just because you read a couple of tweets from the current talent who, again, took his words out of context and insulted him on Twitter, it doesn't mean he's not respected in the industry. Get real.

No amount of context makes body shaming acceptable, and the fact he immediately back-pedalled shows he knew he stepped over the line.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

There's 2 things I remember that made Dreger look like an ass. One is when he was desperate to be the one to break that the Thrashers were moving to Winnipeg that he refused to acknowledge that it was going to happen basically up until they had the press conference - when Bettman just happened to be in Winnipeg.

The other was when Anze Kopitar signed his 10-year contract extension, which gave us this in succession:

The dude from barstool who's broken a couple of stories, I forget his name now, is a good one too. He rarely breaks things, but when he does, it's always correct.
Yeah, I don't know who he is but he does.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
He body shamed her.

He implied that she was more attractive when "she was lighter" in NXT and got deservedly roasted for it.

You could see dust clouds with how desperately he back-pedalled after his comments came to light.
How dare he have an opinion. He actually implied that he personally liked her look before her breast enhancement. He never claimed to be an authority on Peyton Royce's looks. Context is everything.
You clearly only know about Dave what wrestlers tell you.
Wrestlers who protect the business.
Some rock solid cyclical reasoning there.
Read something before you go talking about something you self-admittedly know nothing about and have no interest in learning about. Back peddling isn't synonymous with printing a retraction, which he will do if he's wrong.
If you don't like Dave, that's fine. Incredibly ignorant to say you never read or listened to him and never will, then make a judgment.
Everybody's got an opinion I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad