Montagu Allan divisional quarterfinals: Maine Mariners vs. Vancouver Millionaires

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Montagu Allan divisional quarterfinal round:

Maine Mariners

coach Rudy Pilous

Thomas Vanek - Syl Apps Jr. (A) - Adam Deadmarsh
Bohuslav Stastny - Nicklas Backstrom - Art Farrell
Murray Craven - Pete Stemkowski - Pat Flatley
Curt Fraser - Wayne Merrick - Joe Lamb

Brad Maxwell - Jay Bouwmeester
Lasse Bjorn (C) - Sylvain Cote
Fredrik Olausson - Garth Butcher (A)

Nikolai Khabibulin
Sean Burke

vs.

Vancouver Millionaires

coach Marc Crawford

Marc Tardif - Robbie Ftorek (C) - Real Cloutier
Valeri Kamensky - Pierre Larouche - Tony Tanti
Loui Eriksson - Jordan Stall - Robert MacDougall
Kelly Buckberger (A) - Sergei Nemchinov - Scott Young

Petr Svoboda - Drew Doughty (A)
Dan Hamius - Sami Salo
Rollie Stoltz - Oleg Tverdovsky

Marty Turco
Pekka Rinne​

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Post your special teams, any of your extra skaters you might want to sub-in in this series, links to bio or any other information.

The format of the first post is standardized for easy, clean, equal comparison, both teams viewable without having to scroll down.

The third seed versus sixth seed.

Have a good series!

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Here are my spares and special teams players

Joe Carveth RW
Allan "Scotty" Davidson RW
Thomas Gradin C
Derrick Morris D

PP1

Tardif-Ftorek-Cloutier
Rollie Stoltz-Oleg Tverdovsky

PP2

Valeri Kamesky-Pierre Larouche-MacDougall
Salo-Doughty

PK1

Stall-Eriksson
Petr Svoboda-Drew Doughty

PK2
Sergei Nemchinov-Scott Young
Dan Hamius- Sami Salo

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Maine Mariners

Maine_mariners_200x200.png

Thomas Vanek
- Syl Apps Jr. -Adam Deadmarsh
Bohuslav Stastny-Nicklas Backstrom - Art Farrell
Murray Craven - Pete Stemkowski-Pat Flatley
Curt Fraser- Wayne Merrick- Joe Lamb

Brad Maxwell-Jay Bouwmeester
Lasse Bjorn-Sylvain Cote
Fredrik Olausson - Garth Butcher

Nikolai Khabibulin
Sean Burke

Extras:

C Andy Blair
D Jocelyn Guevremont
RW Mud Bruneteau
D Bob Rouse

Coach: Rudy Pilous

Captain: Lasse Bjorn
Alternates: Garth Butcher, Syl Apps Jr.

Special Teams:

PP 1:

Vanek-Apps-Deadmarsh
Olausson-Maxwell

PP 2:

Statsny-Backstrom-Farrell
Bouwmeester-Cote

PK 1:

Craven-Stemkowski
Butcher-Bjorn

PK 2:

Flatley-Merrick
Cote-Bouwmeester

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
First off, good luck to hardyvan. He built a decent team and I hope he becomes an active member of the ATD community.

Time to compare the forwards:

Line 1:

Both lines are similarly built in that they have the grinder (Deadmarsh and Ftorek), the playmaker (Tardif and Apps), and the goal scorer (Vanek and Cloutier). I think Tardif is the best offensive guy in this series and one of the better ones in the draft. He put up some good numbers in the WHA. He'll probably be matched up against my glue guy in Deadmarsh. As indicated in the bio many people have said how tough a player Deadmarsh was. On teams that included Sakic and Forsberg for Deadmarsh to be mentioned as the toughest opponent has to count for something so I expect him to give Tardif a tough time. Ftorek vs. Apps will be a good battle. I call Ftorek a glue guy but he was also a pretty good playmaker. I wonder if Ftorek and Tardif will battle to see who the better playmaker is and if could cause trouble for your team. Apps has no worry on my team as Vanek is more of a goal scorer and Deadmarsh is a glue guy. Vanek vs. Cloutier should be a good battle as both guys are the top goal scorers on each 1st line. Looking forward to the battle between these 2.

Advantage: Maine

Line 2:

Both 2nd lines are built the same way, you have the glue guys (statsny and Kamensky), the playmakers (Backstrom and Larouche) and the goal scorers (Farrell and Tanti).
Statsny vs. Tanti should be a good matchup. Statsny seemed to do everything right while Tanti was more of a goal scorer extraordinnare but he was a player I always liked and someone I drafted last year, solid pick and should be a good matchup here. Backstrom vs. Larouche should be a good battle. Larouche was a steal where you got him, he has a rep but to me he's an extremely gifted player and a guy that I'd take over a lot of #1 centres in this (Including Ftorek and I'd put him at the same level as Apps), you did well in drafting him. He and Tanti should benefit from 1 another. Backstrom's a great playmaker who'll create opportunities for both of his linemates. Kamensky vs. Farrell is another good battle. As I said I regret picking Farrell but be as that as it may I expect to give my 2nd line some scoring punch. How he matches up against Kamensky is another story. I really like your 2nd line, you've done a good job with it.

Advtanage: Vancouver

3rd Line:

I built my 3rd line as a 2 way line and I think Vancouver's a more classic ATD line (playmaker, goal scorer, grinder). The first battle is Craven vs. MacDougall. Craven's my type of player in that he can do it all, score, pass, play tough; just a great guy to have around. MacDougall looks like a goal scorer, reading a bio of his, I do not see any mention of a checking game which could be a problem going against the more 2 way Craven and being on a 3rd line. The centres are both guys who lean more towards the defensive game. Both guys will also bring high energy to the 3rd lines and make their teams better, should be a good battle with Stemkowski's offensive game giving him the edge. The final battle of Flatley vs. Eriksson should be good as well. Eriksson's perhaps the most under-rated NHL player right now, he can score, pass the puck and also play effective defensively. Flatley might not be as effective offensively as Eriksson but he plays more of a 3rd line game which gives me the advantage in this battle.

4th Line:

Battle 1 is Curt Fraser vs. Scott Young. This should be a good battle. Fraser's the type of guy who likes getting his nose dirty while Young was an excellent all-around guy. I've always liked Scott Young and think he's a good player to have. The centre battle is going to be a good 1 featuring 2 all-around guys in Wayne Merrick and Sergei Nemchinov. Could be a good battle of 2 guys that will go all out to help their teams win the game. Joe Lamb vs. Kelly Buckberger is a battle of the team tough guys. All due respect to both you and Buckberger but the MLD is to high for Buckberger to be picked, at best he's an AAA or AA guy, he's one of your alternates as well which is a mistake on your part.

I'll be back tomorrow to compare our defenses, hardy hoping for a rebuttal from you.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
First off, good luck to hardyvan. He built a decent team and I hope he becomes an active member of the ATD community.

Thanks and good luck to you as well, the invite sort of came out of the blue and although i was right with my problems of timing, and preparation, it was a very enjoyable and informative learning experience.

My focus was on team chemistry and a total game approach to building a team as I'm a huge fan of controlling puck possession teams in the Russian and recent Red Wings style.

Line 1:

Both lines are similarly built in that they have the grinder (Deadmarsh and Ftorek), the playmaker (Tardif and Apps), and the goal scorer (Vanek and Cloutier). I think Tardif is the best offensive guy in this series and one of the better ones in the draft. He put up some good numbers in the WHA. He'll probably be matched up against my glue guy in Deadmarsh. As indicated in the bio many people have said how tough a player Deadmarsh was. On teams that included Sakic and Forsberg for Deadmarsh to be mentioned as the toughest opponent has to count for something so I expect him to give Tardif a tough time. Ftorek vs. Apps will be a good battle. I call Ftorek a glue guy but he was also a pretty good playmaker. I wonder if Ftorek and Tardif will battle to see who the better playmaker is and if could cause trouble for your team. Apps has no worry on my team as Vanek is more of a goal scorer and Deadmarsh is a glue guy. Vanek vs. Cloutier should be a good battle as both guys are the top goal scorers on each 1st line. Looking forward to the battle between these 2.

I see the WHA time for my players making it possible for them to drop to the MLD draft as all 3 could have very well been ATD guys, especially Tardif.

You make some good points and Deadmarsh might ahve been the difference, if not for injuries as he was really breaking out. Deadmarsh is by far your best playoff performer on the top line and apps and his record is Dionne type of disappointing in the playoffs.

I think there is too much firepower and Ftorek's defensive game and longevity along with Tardif being a gritty guy who is in the argument as the best forward in the ATD IMO, although his returning NHL playoffs is perhaps his weak point.

Line 2:

Both 2nd lines are built the same way, you have the glue guys (statsny and Kamensky), the playmakers (Backstrom and Larouche) and the goal scorers (Farrell and Tanti).
Statsny vs. Tanti should be a good matchup. Statsny seemed to do everything right while Tanti was more of a goal scorer extraordinnare but he was a player I always liked and someone I drafted last year, solid pick and should be a good matchup here. Backstrom vs. Larouche should be a good battle. Larouche was a steal where you got him, he has a rep but to me he's an extremely gifted player and a guy that I'd take over a lot of #1 centres in this (Including Ftorek and I'd put him at the same level as Apps), you did well in drafting him. He and Tanti should benefit from 1 another. Backstrom's a great playmaker who'll create opportunities for both of his linemates. Kamensky vs. Farrell is another good battle. As I said I regret picking Farrell but be as that as it may I expect to give my 2nd line some scoring punch. How he matches up against Kamensky is another story. I really like your 2nd line, you've done a good job with it.

Advtanage: Vancouver

Pretty much agree here, although if Gradin is put in at center, it gives it a more complete look and better 2 way play but Pierre's firepower is top notch and if can be motivated by Crawford and click with Kamesnky and Tanti, and I think he can it gives me 2 of the most offensively explosive lines in the draft.

Backstrom also won't be a MLD guy for very much longer as his career progresses I see him entering the ATD in a couple of years.

3rd Line:

I built my 3rd line as a 2 way line and I think Vancouver's a more classic ATD line (playmaker, goal scorer, grinder). The first battle is Craven vs. MacDougall. Craven's my type of player in that he can do it all, score, pass, play tough; just a great guy to have around. MacDougall looks like a goal scorer, reading a bio of his, I do not see any mention of a checking game which could be a problem going against the more 2 way Craven and being on a 3rd line. The centres are both guys who lean more towards the defensive game. Both guys will also bring high energy to the 3rd lines and make their teams better, should be a good battle with Stemkowski's offensive game giving him the edge. The final battle of Flatley vs. Eriksson should be good as well. Eriksson's perhaps the most under-rated NHL player right now, he can score, pass the puck and also play effective defensively. Flatley might not be as effective offensively as Eriksson but he plays more of a 3rd line game which gives me the advantage in this battle.

Craven and Flately are 2 guys I like a lot, although I'm not really all that high on Pete here. Pete is one of those guys that at first blush blends in with the scenery, a bit like craven but I was more familiar with his value as he played here in Vancouver, and the more one looks at him the better he gets and he is a solid 3rd line ES strength center here and beat Stall in the career and even peak seasons department at this point, although Stall might be the better PK threat and his size and skating does present problems for other teams.

I'm not sold on the Flately over Eriksson argument though as Eriksson has a very strong international component to his career as well and the line overall is very versatile and strong in their play.

4th Line:

Battle 1 is Curt Fraser vs. Scott Young. This should be a good battle. Fraser's the type of guy who likes getting his nose dirty while Young was an excellent all-around guy. I've always liked Scott Young and think he's a good player to have. The centre battle is going to be a good 1 featuring 2 all-around guys in Wayne Merrick and Sergei Nemchinov. Could be a good battle of 2 guys that will go all out to help their teams win the game. Joe Lamb vs. Kelly Buckberger is a battle of the team tough guys. All due respect to both you and Buckberger but the MLD is to high for Buckberger to be picked, at best he's an AAA or AA guy, he's one of your alternates as well which is a mistake on your part.

Fraser does bring a very good fighting and corner work component to this line but like you mentioned Young is a very usefull and versatile guy only lacking overt toughness as he wasn't one to shy away from the play and he was converted to forward in his pro career and good defensively.

I think the 2 big differences on this line is Nemchinov over Merrick, as his 1st 3 seasons in the league he was a very good ES scorer before having a long career as a PK and checking 3rd line role.

Sure Kelly , on his own, doesn't belong here but this team doesn't need scoring and his size, skating, checking ability and experience and his ability to rise in the playoffs makes him a use full part of this 4th line that can take a regular shift and not get outclassed and provide excellent checking with the odd goal.

As an overall group the forwards here are very explosive in their scoring and have enough grit, size, skating ability and a vast amount of international and playoff experience to match up very well with any set of forwards in the MLD draft.

My intention is to have coach Crawford play all 4 lines quite regularly, and playing the hot hand as he sees it, to wear down other teams and keep the top 2 lines fresh for the playoffs.

I'll be back tomorrow to compare our defenses, hardy hoping for a rebuttal from you.

I'll take a quick stab at comparing the 2 defenses.

Petr Svoboda - Drew Doughty (A)
Dan Hamius - Sami Salo
Rollie Stoltz - Oleg Tverdovsky

as a group these guys are very imposing. from doughty and his big game ability to log huge MPG and ahve more impact than your top 2 guys in Jaybo and Maxwell.

Stoltz and Tverdovsky are susceptible in their own end but coach Crawford will be playing them with one of the 2 bottom lines, primarily the 4th one at ES where Young and his experience at defense and the skating and checking of Sergei and Kelly will help support them in their own end.

Butcher does give you an edge in toughness, along with Fraser, that my team can't match.

Brad Maxwell - Jay Bouwmeester
Lasse Bjorn (C) - Sylvain Cote
Fredrik Olausson - Garth Butcher (A)

Is your starting 6 and I think Hamius and Salo have the overall edge on your 2nd pairing as they both can play top MPG in all situations and ahve down so for extended periods of time.

Olausson on your 3rd pair is a steal and makes a good match with Butcher and they won't need to play protected minutes like my bottom pairing.

will take a quick stab at teh goalies ehre, although it's not my area of expertise.

Rinne and Turco make a solid 1,2 combo with Crawford having the ability to play the hot hand.

Nikolai Khabibulin and Sean Burke have more experience and success as well so you would have the edge here one would think.

I'm not entirely sure how to match up the goalies though as Rinne ahs played for a poor ashville team and has played well internationally an dis considered one of the top goalies post lockout and was signed to a 7 million dollar contract for a reason.

Rinne has finished

11th in allstar voting with 2 3rd place votes in 2010
2nd in 11 behind Thomas and well ahead of 3rd place Lou
a solid 3rd in 12 as well

Overall I have built my team as a balanced offensive Juggeranut and puck possession type of team and think that both Rinne and Truco are adequate in net for a strong performance here.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
What was MacDougall's skill set? I think he was a better player than Scott Young, but I think Young would be a pretty good fit for your third line. Young was responsible (not great) defensively, and a very fast skater and decent goal scorer - I can see him as a credible counter-attacking thread from your third line.

But if MacDougall has a similar skillset, I would keep him there. I honestly know nothing about MacDougall other than his stats.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Many thanks for the rebuttal hardy, always good to have debate in a series. Let me take the time to compare our 2 defenses.

Pairing 1:

Maxwell vs. Bouwmeester vs. Svoboda/Doughty.

This should be a good matchup.Svoboda was a guy I looked at picking in this draft. He's very good defensively, his offensive game may be lacking but he makes up for it with his defense. He'll be matched up against Bouwmeester. Bouwmeester's one of the better defensemen in this thing and I think while his defensive game is not as good as Svoboda's he's no slouch either and his offensive game is certainly better than Svoboda's. Doughty seems to be the main offensive guy on your 1st pairing but he's better suited defensively. He'll go against Maxwell who's primarily offensive but he can get his nose dirty as well. Interesting battle of 2 primarily defensive guys for your team vs. an offensive and 2 way guy for my team.

2nd Pairing:

Lasse Bjorn and Sylvain Cote vs. Dan Hamhuis and Sami Salo: Should be another good battle. I think Bjorn and Cote are primarily defensive guys but Cote could score some points as well. Hamhuis and Salo is a good pairing. Hamhuis is a primary defensive guy but he's one of the best at it right now in the NHL, Salo's a good one as well. It's to bad he's injury prone, if not for his injuries he'd be primarily an ATD guy IMO. Should be a good battle.

Advantage: Slight one to Maine due to Salo's injury concerns

3rd Pairing:

Your final pairing is a direct opposite of the typical final pairings in a lineup. Stoltz and Tverdovsky where primary offensive guys and while both where talented offensively (Especially Tverdovsky) they lacked defensively which could hurt your team late in games. My 3rd pairing consists of offensively-oriented Olausson and defensively-oriented Butcher. Olausson's going to be a really good bottom pairing offensive option for my team, late in games his offense could be needed for my team on the back pairing. Butcher's going to be a mean 1 to play against. I don't think either of our bottom pairings are lacking offensively but mine has a defensive edge.

I'll be back tomorrow to compare the goalies, coaching and special teams. Looking forward to continued debate.

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
Many thanks for the rebuttal hardy, always good to have debate in a series. Let me take the time to compare our 2 defenses.

Pairing 1:

Maxwell vs. Bouwmeester vs. Svoboda/Doughty.

This should be a good matchup.Svoboda was a guy I looked at picking in this draft. He's very good defensively, his offensive game may be lacking but he makes up for it with his defense. He'll be matched up against Bouwmeester. Bouwmeester's one of the better defensemen in this thing and I think while his defensive game is not as good as Svoboda's he's no slouch either and his offensive game is certainly better than Svoboda's. Doughty seems to be the main offensive guy on your 1st pairing but he's better suited defensively. He'll go against Maxwell who's primarily offensive but he can get his nose dirty as well. Interesting battle of 2 primarily defensive guys for your team vs. an offensive and 2 way guy for my team.

2nd Pairing:

Lasse Bjorn and Sylvain Cote vs. Dan Hamhuis and Sami Salo: Should be another good battle. I think Bjorn and Cote are primarily defensive guys but Cote could score some points as well. Hamhuis and Salo is a good pairing. Hamhuis is a primary defensive guy but he's one of the best at it right now in the NHL, Salo's a good one as well. It's to bad he's injury prone, if not for his injuries he'd be primarily an ATD guy IMO. Should be a good battle.

Advantage: Slight one to Maine due to Salo's injury concerns

3rd Pairing:

Your final pairing is a direct opposite of the typical final pairings in a lineup. Stoltz and Tverdovsky where primary offensive guys and while both where talented offensively (Especially Tverdovsky) they lacked defensively which could hurt your team late in games. My 3rd pairing consists of offensively-oriented Olausson and defensively-oriented Butcher. Olausson's going to be a really good bottom pairing offensive option for my team, late in games his offense could be needed for my team on the back pairing. Butcher's going to be a mean 1 to play against. I don't think either of our bottom pairings are lacking offensively but mine has a defensive edge.

I'll be back tomorrow to compare the goalies, coaching and special teams. Looking forward to continued debate.

Where do people get this information from that Stoltz was bad defensively? Is it the myth that he was so slow? Now he's a far cry from Langway but when it comes to risk management and positioning he was one of the best of his era in europe. His intensive shadowing resulted in Mayorov slashing him across his arms during the '61 world champs.

However, is he good enough to cover for Tverdovsky? That is the real question.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Where do people get this information from that Stoltz was bad defensively? Is it the myth that he was so slow? Now he's a far cry from Langway but when it comes to risk management and positioning he was one of the best of his era in europe. His intensive shadowing resulted in Mayorov slashing him across his arms during the '61 world champs.

Since they were real life partners and they are on opposite teams this series, how would you compare Stoltz and Bjorn?

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
Since they were real life partners and they are on opposite teams this series, how would you compare Stoltz and Bjorn?

Stoltz is the more offensively gifted of them while Björn was a physical work horse. I'd say I hold Stoltz in a higher regard since he could provide offense without risking too much in his own end. Both of them are leaders but I think Stoltz had a cooler head than Björn. I don't think Stoltz is an ideal partner with Tverdovsky as it would diminish his offensive game.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
What was MacDougall's skill set? I think he was a better player than Scott Young, but I think Young would be a pretty good fit for your third line. Young was responsible (not great) defensively, and a very fast skater and decent goal scorer - I can see him as a credible counter-attacking thread from your third line.

But if MacDougall has a similar skillset, I would keep him there. I honestly know nothing about MacDougall other than his stats.

There is very little information about him other than he was quite a good goal scorer and could handle himself with the stick in terms of violence. His playing time was limited alter in his short career to his day job as a banker.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver

Also it's my intent to play the 3rd pairing at ES with that big defensively solid 4th line which will help protect Oleg.

A note on Salo being "injury prone". Yes he has been injured close to 40 different times at this point I believe but he has played in 807 regular season NHL games and 100 playoff games as well as 3 full Olympics, a world cup and 2 World championships.

Even with his regular season injuries, he has played in over 72% of his teams regular season games at a 21:06 MPG rate.
Brad Maxwell played in 602 games over a 10 year NHL career and he is a 1st paring D guy.

Morris can step in quite easily for Salo if needed, can Jocelyn Guevremont cover for Maxwell?

Cote also has a slight injury concern risk as well.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Goaltending: Khabibulin and Burke give me a great duo. They often made their teams better and Khabibulin has a Stanley Cup ring to his credit. In a bigger MLD I could see Burke as a low-level #1 and he's one of the better backups in this. Turco and Rinne is a decent duo but I don't think either guy should be a MLD #1. They'd both be very strong backups in the MLD but not as #1 in the case of Turco. In fact I can see Rinne getting #1 time during the season and at this course of this career I don't know if he could be a MLD #1

Coaching: I like Crawford more than most. the guy is more offensive-minded but he still seemed to get everything out of his players. The same can be said for Pilous. I think both teams have good coaches here and coaching could be interesting here for both teams.

Advantage: Maine (Because of Pilous' well rounded game)

Special Teams: Both teams recycle their top lines for the 1st power play forward units. Having both Stoltz and Tverdovsky on the 1st powerplay unit will help maximize the offense for your team. Maxwell and Olausson are the best offensive defensemen for the Mariners, overall it should be a good powerplay unit. I have to question why Tanti or Eriksson are not on your 2nd power play, MacDougall's a good goal scorer but I think Tanti and Eriksson are better. I recycled my 2nd line for my 2nd power play unit and look for them to provide the same type of hockey to my powerplay that they do to my 2nd line. The penalty kill looks fine for both teams though I would switch Eriksson and Nemchinov on your team.

Final Thoughts: This should be a good series, your team is really good for a first-timer and I wish you much success. Thanks for the great debate and I look forward to seeing the results.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
best of luck as well, although i really think my top line gives me the slight edge in the series and my team has a lot of experience at the Olympics/WC and some SC playoff runs as well.

Crawford brings a unique coaching skill set in that he has coached in Europe and can bring out the best in my guys from there.

Tanti and Lou can both make good 2nd unit RW players if bill doesn't work out but he was a top goal scorer for his era and quite feisty overall.

In retrospect Tanti probably should be used there as he was an elite 4th overall in PP goals in his 7 year prime, something I hadn't noticed before

http://www.hockey-reference.com/pla...l=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=goals_pp

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Maine Mariners defeat Vancouver Millionaires in 6 Games

"Brad Maxwell and Jay Bouwmeeseter are a tandem to be reckoned with, controlling the ice every time they're on the ice, which seemed like haolf the series."

"Doughty tries to hold the fort but can't be everywhere"

"Kelly Buchberger foolishly takes a run at Frederick Olausson while the Maine 4th line is on the ice and gets battered by Garth Butcher, Curt Fraser and Joe Lamb...he's out for a couple of games to recover. Joe Carveth steps in on his off wing and scores two goals but then disappears until Buchberger comes back"

"Marty Turco makes a rare gaffe while handling the puck on a break out, allowing a frustrated Tomas Vanek to score his only goal of the series, the 1-0 winner in the 5th game."

Stars:

1. Jay Bouwmeester
2/3. Marc Tardif / Valeri Kamensky

Drew Doughty, Real Cloutier, and Syl Apps, Jr (who "owned Ftorek" head to head) also had strong series

Last edited:

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Congrats to hardy on a good series. Hopefully we'll see you in future drafts. You certainly built a good team.

Good luck going forward.

I had fun and learned alot and would do things slightly differently, although i'm still not sure my interpretation of players values would have me winning anytime soon, it's still a fun and informative process.

I also probably should have moved and pimped Tanti's PP prowess before the voting began, who knew it was that good in those 7 years?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad