Post-Game Talk: Monsters @ Wild | 2/14/2013 | 6:00 MT |Stoppable Force vs Movable Object

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Good thing I will be taking my fiance to some cheesy valentines day movies instead of watching the game.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
It would be best to keep all prospects away from this club for the time being.

avalanchuck

Jun 29, 2006
Denver, CO
It would be best to keep all prospects away from this club for the time being.

So that leaves the Avs with having to sign those guys that come out and clean up the snow around the net and along the boards during the tv timeouts to fill the roster... :sarcasm:

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Good thing I will be taking my fiance to some cheesy valentines day movies instead of watching the game.

I thought the same thing at first, but then I realized that there might not be anything funnier to watch than this defense we will be icing tonight. If we lose by 8 or less, I will consider tonight a win.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
So that leaves the Avs with having to sign those guys that come out and clean up the snow around the net and along the boards during the tv timeouts to fill the roster... :sarcasm:

I've never noticed for the Avs, but for the Flames they have ice girls. Avs should recruit them instead.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I've been trying to think back as far as I can, and I can honestly say that even with Duchene in the line up, this is the worst looking team on paper the Avs have ever thrown on the ice since the move from Quebec and probably the couple years before when I started to follow them.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
This thread is great.

But just imagine....seriously imagine....

How bad it would be for Minny fans if we actually beat the wild with this lineup.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
This thread is great.

But just imagine....seriously imagine....

How bad it would be for Minny fans if we actually beat the wild with this lineup.

It's a surefire sign that the Avalanche are going to win tonight.

And since I threw 7k vCash at Dallas last night and lost it all, I am hoping for a big win from the Avs to put me back over 1k.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I've been trying to think back as far as I can, and I can honestly say that even with Duchene in the line up, this is the worst looking team on paper the Avs have ever thrown on the ice since the move from Quebec and probably the couple years before when I started to follow them.

Smyth - Wolski - Hejduk
Stewart - Hensick - Svatos
McLeod - Arnason - Jones
Tucker - Dupuis - Willsie

Salei - Hannan
Liles - Clark
Tjarnqvist - Leopold

Raycroft
Budaj

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Smyth - Wolski - Hejduk
Stewart - Hensick - Svatos
McLeod - Arnason - Jones
Tucker - Dupuis - Willsie

Salei - Hannan
Liles - Clark
Tjarnqvist - Leopold

Raycroft
Budaj

Keep going, that season we played Peltier and Macias at some point... lineup was atrocious.

benzino

Mar 1, 2012
Estocolmo

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
so with EJ out can we just assume sacco is going to do something stupid like make hunwick and o'brien the top pairing?

I'm ready for that. I've got my absinthe, and this:
Preparation_H_Ointment_Main.png

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Yeah play Bordeleau over one of our most talented young players...:help:

It's nice that Sacco gives Barrie a chance to shine though by playing him with Hunwick those 2 should clear the net easily ah well it's not like our other pairings clear the crease anyway.

Sacco expects it to get ugly. On the scoreboard, and likely on the ice, too.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah play Bordeleau over one of our most talented young players...:help:

It's nice that Sacco gives Barrie a chance to shine though by playing him with Hunwick those 2 should clear the net easily ah well it's not like our other pairings clear the crease anyway.

I don't have a problem playing Bordeleau, he's been a nice, pleasant surprise on the
4th line this year. But, no offense to someone like Kobasew, is there a reason why 'Bossa has to sit for him? So far this year ANY offensive chance that he's had he has not even come close to converting them.

I like him, he plays hard, but if we're struggling to score goals I would think that he'd sit for someone who's a bit more creative with the puck...then again I thought for sure that Sgarbossa would get a shot at playing on a line w/ Stastny, but that hasn't happened yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad