Online Series: Monsters At Work - Disney+

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I’m looking forward to this as Monsters Inc was my favorite movie growing up. I always wanted a traditional sequel instead of Monsters University which I found a bit disappointed (though I still enjoyed it). Glad they’re going with a show, I think it’s a pretty good medium for a continuation of the story.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Considering I'm about the only one talking in both here and the Luca threads, I sometimes wonder if I'm actually 12 and not 21

It may make you feel better to take a look at the Broadway show thread. ;)

I may watch this series later this month, when I visit my nephew and niece. I'm actually quite behind on Pixar films because I can't see myself watching them except with family (and that hasn't been practical for a while now).

Last edited:
Reactions: MMC

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Just watched the first 2 episodes and I greatly enjoyed them. I recommend anyone else who liked Monsters Inc growing up doing the same. I like it begins literally days after Waternoose is arrested and they switch to harvesting laughter, and also that Tylor is the protagonist rather than continuing with Mike and Sully. Tylor's definitely an interesting character and I'm curious to see how he progresses from having a life long dream of being a scarer, realizing that it isn't possible and coming to terms with aspiring to be a jokester and having to spend time in MIFT along the way. Definitely feels true to the films, and very much like the Monsters Inc sequel I've wanted for years. Hope it can go on for several seasons.

Reactions: Osprey

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I'll be watching! Didn't realize it was a series, but I don't pay much attention to advertising. Just assumed it was a movie, but a series makes sense. My son ought to dig it.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I threw the first episode on for the kids, but, neither seemed interested. Both have deen the original movies, but neither has stuck with them as being particularly memorable.

It's essentially a workplace sitcom, which is probably part of the issue in appeal to younger kids. That's not a relatable framework for them.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I threw the first episode on for the kids, but, neither seemed interested. Both have deen the original movies, but neither has stuck with them as being particularly memorable.

It's essentially a workplace sitcom, which is probably part of the issue in appeal to younger kids. That's not a relatable framework for them.

There's an easy remedy for that. Child labor. Give your kids the workplace experience so that they're able to relate. They'll appreciate the show, you'll save on day care and the economic recovery will get a boost. Win win win.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Shows been a lot better lately (thought I still enjoyed it at the beginning) now that it's becoming more focused on the story. Characters have a lot of heart and 4 year old me is pleased to see the Yeti back.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Just finished the show, the finale was easily my favorite and the best episode by a significant margin. Hope they make another season!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad