Signing(s): Monster Kyler Murray extension in Arizona (through 2028)

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I am...so not a fan of this guy. He's not Russell Wilson and I don't think you can win with him.

Me neither. He doesn't have the mentality or the skills that I've seen in the winners like Wilson. He doesn't suck, but I don't think he has any greatness in him, and you need at least some greatness to win.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Me neither. He doesn't have the mentality or the skills that I've seen in the winners like Wilson. He doesn't suck, but I don't think he has any greatness in him, and you need at least some greatness to win.
Wilson is more accurate, physically tougher and far mentally tougher. If I'm a NFL player, I believe in Wilson as the leader of my team. Murray? I don't think you can count on him when things get tough.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Overpay, but they had to in order to keep him.

Don't think they'll do much with him, but at the very least they'll do more with him than without him.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
These days you kind of have no choice but to resign your young QB.
There are limited choices. You're either paying the guy or beginning your search for a new QB.

We all see how hard it is to find a good QB, so teams are going to have to decide whether they pay a QB who is okay in the hopes of being in a playoff hunt for a few more seasons or starting over and being bad for sure.

Starting over gets coaches and GMs fired sooner than paying a QB.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Ain't no f***ing way Kyler Murray is worth that type of money. This is guy that had several reports come out about him on his lack of engagement/effort with the game. To the point he willingly admitted he doesn't watch film.

I get you basically have to re-sign him given the value of the position but f*** me...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
At least it’s not fully guaranteed. It’s a high AAV but it’s still structured like most QB deals .. $160 mill guaranteed so 3 full years of AAV plus a penalty for cutting bait early.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Ain't no f***ing way Kyler Murray is worth that type of money. This is guy that had several reports come out about him on his lack of engagement/effort with the game. To the point he willingly admitted he doesn't watch film.

I get you basically have to re-sign him given the value of the position but f*** me...
Now that he's not working toward a contract anymore I'm sure he'll be even more motivated to watch film!

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Man, what a crazy contract...

The way the NFL works is crazy, especially the QB position. Franchises can go a decade plus without getting a true franchise QB, so you really NEED to keep your guy when you have him. Kyler is a good QB and a franchise piece, he's going to be in the league for a long time... But paying him more than Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen even??? Insane.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Man, what a crazy contract...

The way the NFL works is crazy, especially the QB position. Franchises can go a decade plus without getting a true franchise QB, so you really NEED to keep your guy when you have him. Kyler is a good QB and a franchise piece, he's going to be in the league for a long time... But paying him more than Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen even??? Insane.

Every new QB contract resets the market. Kyler will be highest paid for a bit, then Lamar, Herbert, Burrows will come. It's a never ending cycle.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Every new QB contract resets the market. Kyler will be highest paid for a bit, then Lamar, Herbert, Burrows will come. It's a never ending cycle.
Yeah, it's mind-blowing, man. The dollar amounts are just getting crazier every year, but that's how it is.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
$160 million guaranteed. Folks, we are all in the wrong business.

Does dude even have a playoff win?

He not only has zero playoff wins, he has one playoff appearance. The Cardinals should have clinched a spot in 2020 but failed so Mitch Trubisky could win Nickelodeon MVP :laugh:

I mean, Murray is a good talent but good lord, I wouldn't want to hitch my wagon to this player under that contract. But this is the NFL where GMs and coaches have very short leashes so I understand why the Cardinals are doing this.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
$160 million guaranteed. Folks, we are all in the wrong business.

He not only has zero playoff wins, he has one playoff appearance. The Cardinals should have clinched a spot in 2020 but failed so Mitch Trubisky could win Nickelodeon MVP :laugh:

I mean, Murray is a good talent but good lord, I wouldn't want to hitch my wagon to this player under that contract. But this is the NFL where GMs and coaches have very short leashes so I understand why the Cardinals are doing this.
The guy is tiny , he has to roll out because he can't see over his line so he takes beatings ,by mid season he's playing hurt and is much less effective. I've been wrong before but this feels like it's going to hurt down the road.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

certainly seemed like an MVP candidate until he got hurt midseason. Seems like a joke to me that he doesn't put the work seems like a bunch of bs to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad