Monday's Game

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
So, I got curious after so many of my fellow Preds fans (both friends and family) were unaware of this.....how many are aware that game is a 2pm start? How many will be able to watch it? I know not EVERYONE is off work so that's odd on Colorado's part. I assume they'll have a lot of fans there but........I dunno, just weird to me.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Presumably this will be one of those games they try to get a lot of school kids to attend....

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I knew. It's a holiday.

We play in Detroit the next day, so it's a good thing it's early for the team

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
Well, looks like I will have the opportunity to catch this one on the radio in the truck as I to will be working. Be kind of cool, I have only heard bits and pieces of games from the radio crew.

This means we will be well rested when we welcome the Forces of Evil the next night.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
They started early on Presidents Day last year--seems like we played NYI. I was at the beauty parlor and annoyed the heck out of the stylist checking on scores. Will happen again but I'll be close to done by 2.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Yes I noticed and it's total fail. I have never had President's Day off and likely never will. Financial services industry sucks for holidays.

New Year's Day
Easter (Friday or Monday observed)
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Thanksgiving
Christmas Day

No other official holidays.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
By the way, this should be a lopsided poll. Anyone who wasn't aware of the start time will be upon reading the poll question :P

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
By the way, this should be a lopsided poll. Anyone who wasn't aware of the start time will be upon reading the poll question :P
I guess technically, "currently aware" is before finishing the question haha

And as for me, I'm currently unemployed and looking for a new job so......yeah I'll be able to watch it. "Lucky me."

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Financial services industry sucks for holidays.

New Year's Day
Easter (Friday or Monday observed)
Memorial Day
Independence Day
Labor Day
Thanksgiving
Christmas Day

No other official holidays.

And then there is everyone who works in the Armed Forces and Emergency Services which have NO holidays off. And the slave industry (Retail and Food) which are lucky to have Thanksgiving and Christmas at this point, although having Thanksgiving off is becoming more and more rare, and some places (Waffle House, Hardees, Walgreens that I know of) work on Christmas.

All of these people also work weekends, and work hours outside of the 9-5 world.

Pinguinla

SCF Game 7
Nov 24, 2011
By the seaside
And then there is everyone who works in the Armed Forces and Emergency Services which have NO holidays off. And the slave industry (Retail and Food) which are lucky to have Thanksgiving and Christmas at this point, although having Thanksgiving off is becoming more and more rare, and some places (Waffle House, Hardees, Walgreens that I know of) work on Christmas.

All of these people also work weekends, and work hours outside of the 9-5 world.
Urgh don't remind me! I only got Christmas off over here, plus I'm there all day until like 7 or 8 on some days :cry:

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
They started early on Presidents Day last year--seems like we played NYI. I was at the beauty parlor and annoyed the heck out of the stylist checking on scores. Will happen again but I'll be close to done by 2.

Luckily the salon where I work is closed Mondays...doesn't yours know that day is supposed to be our "saturdays", Adz?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad