WWE: Monday Night Raw Part 187 - My Man! Plus Brie attempting to injure other wrestlers in Botchmode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Seth has been good again lately before he was paired with Roman to attempt to drown out boos. Drew is a complete star and we all know it if they decide to pull the trigger on him. AJ is rightfully phenomenal and criminally booked. Joe is the same as Drew...

Elias is good at getting heat. In the ring he has the swinging neckbreaker finisher and a high knee. I have always said he has been a fantastic heat magnet. But my God, in the ring he is more boring than Roman.

Which is why I think he would make a fantastic manager.

I don't disagree for you. Seth/Drew should be 100% the focal points of Raw...buuuuuuuut we're not going to get that.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Roman has a limited moveset, but he's pretty quick and at least looks like someone that can kick your ass. Elias is just not very athletic. I like him as a heel, but he is not good in the ring in any regard.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I feel like Roman is far from quick. Hell Braun is quicker. Elias barely wrestlers or at least I’ve barely seen him wrestle so I won’t comment but Roman in my opinion is effing slow.

His WM matches are so goddamn slow and not in a technical way but in an awful way.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'd argue Elias is actually in better shape than Roman. He's actually pretty huge underneath the scarves and what not.

Roman is probably low key fat at this point.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Roman has a limited moveset, but he's pretty quick and at least looks like someone that can kick your ass. Elias is just not very athletic. I like him as a heel, but he is not good in the ring in any regard.
I think Elias is better all around than Roman is. Elias is not more boring in the ring than Roman and is in better shape.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Seth has been good again lately before he was paired with Roman to attempt to drown out boos. Drew is a complete star and we all know it if they decide to pull the trigger on him. AJ is rightfully phenomenal and criminally booked. Joe is the same as Drew...

Elias is good at getting heat. In the ring he has the swinging neckbreaker finisher and a high knee. I have always said he has been a fantastic heat magnet. But my God, in the ring he is more boring than Roman.

Which is why I think he would make a fantastic manager.

Hogan did a big boot and a leg drop. You don't need a 1280 spinning frog splash to put on entertaining matches.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Hogan did a big boot and a leg drop. You don't need a 1280 spinning frog splash to put on entertaining matches.

That was also, what, 30-40 years ago ? I never stated anything about doing flips. Drew and Joe, two guys I brought up, don't necessarily do flips.

That being said, Elias is dreadfully boring in the ring. He can only hit a guy with a guitar so many times as "entertainment".

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I haven’t looked at an actual article but on Twitter Meltzer mentioned in passing the ratings for hour 3 were the worst in 20 years

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
For this week's show, the first hour drew 2.500 million viewers (last week's hour 1 - 2.493 million),
the second hour drew 2.325 million viewers (last week's hour 2 - 2.275 million)
and the final hour drew 2.081 million viewers (last week's hour 3 - 2.281 million).

They lost what, a million viewers in like a year? Brutal. Can't even use the NFL crutch when the ratings were tanking before it started up again.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wrestling is crazy. It's hard enough to watch 1 hour of television each week and invest in a show. Investing 5-7 hours or whatever WWE has running and expecting ratings to improve is not going to happen.

Tell someone that doesn't follow wrestling that you watch a tv show that is 5 hours between every Monday/Tuesday. See what they say. :laugh:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That was also, what, 30-40 years ago ? I never stated anything about doing flips. Drew and Joe, two guys I brought up, don't necessarily do flips.

That being said, Elias is dreadfully boring in the ring. He can only hit a guy with a guitar so many times as "entertainment".
He can smash the entire roster with a guitar each week and I'll pop for it every time lol

Reactions: Hypernova

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com

Ok then, what about Cena. He does he same 5 moves and can put on great matches. The point is, you can have an entertaining match without all of the flashy moves. Also, Elias didn't get this over by hitting people with guitars so not sure what that has to do with anything.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Ok then, what about Cena. He does he same 5 moves and can put on great matches. The point is, you can have an entertaining match without all of the flashy moves. Also, Elias didn't get this over by hitting people with guitars so not sure what that has to do with anything.

Yes, Cena has put on good entertaining matches.

I have never once talked about doing anything flashy at all.

What does Elias do in the ring ? He has his swinging neckbreaker finisher and a high knee. If he's wrestling a lighter guy I believe he can manage a powerbomb, but I may be wrong.

As opposed to that it's generic punch here and generic kick there.

His only form of entertainment in the ring is using a guitar in places, considering You talked about entertainment. That's literally all Elias has going for him IN the ring.

I've stated multiple times that Elias is fantastic at getting heat. However in the ring, he may just be the worst wrestler on the roster.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yes, Cena has put on good entertaining matches.

I have never once talked about doing anything flashy at all.

What does Elias do in the ring ? He has his swinging neckbreaker finisher and a high knee. If he's wrestling a lighter guy I believe he can manage a powerbomb, but I may be wrong.

As opposed to that it's generic punch here and generic kick there.

His only form of entertainment in the ring is using a guitar in places, considering You talked about entertainment. That's literally all Elias has going for him IN the ring.

I've stated multiple times that Elias is fantastic at getting heat. However in the ring, he may just be the worst wrestler on the roster.

To be fair.

Has Elias ever really been in a position where he's supposed to or expected to put on a good or even...real match?

I can't think of one but maybe that's because of the flaws you've mentioned.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
To be fair.

Has Elias ever really been in a position where he's supposed to or expected to put on a good or even...real match?

I can't think of one but maybe that's because of the flaws you've mentioned.

He had a great match with Seth a few weeks back, didn't he? Might have been for the IC title, can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad