WWE: Monday Night Raw 206: Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ricochet's so good in the ring that I honestly don't mind his promos, or wouldn't care if he didn't say anything. I want to watch him do ridiculous moves with almost anyone he's in the ring with. Having said that, I would have liked to have seen him win the KOTR tournament.
I would rather them do another tournament than KOTR for babyfaces, a babyface KOTR winner is just, bleh. A slimy, douchebag heel needs to win KOTR.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think it was when Neville lost his belt, he came out the next night looking like a psycho. He legit looked dead, it was absolutely amazing.

It was like he was in a psychotic trance.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I would rather them do another tournament than KOTR for babyfaces, a babyface KOTR winner is just, bleh. A slimy, *****ebag heel needs to win KOTR.
Why can't you have a champion of the people face win it and stand up against the crap the GMs have been give them? Easy enough to book that.

Reactions: Jussi

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Why can't you have a champion of the people face win it and stand up against the crap the GMs have been give them? Easy enough to book that.
Because it's dorky having said babyface come out weekly in a cape and crown and act like Royalty.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Ricochet has more charisma and character in his right pinky finger than Cedric and Apollo have in their entire bodies. Ricochet is just average on the mic. Cedric and Apollo have the charisma and character of a wet paper bag. Incredible, incredible athletes, but every promo just doesn't come off as believable and feels so phony for me. Ricochet's promos are at least somewhat believable, but then he goes out and gets geeked out.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Ricochet has more charisma and character in his right pinky finger than Cedric and Apollo have in their entire bodies. Ricochet is just average on the mic. Cedric and Apollo have the charisma and character of a wet paper bag. Incredible, incredible athletes, but every promo just doesn't come off as believable and feels so phony for me. Ricochet's promos are at least somewhat believable, but then he goes out and gets geeked out.
Ricochet is below average on the mic, imo.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Just saw that Shelton segment. It sucks it took him until he’s a jobber to be able to cut a decent promo.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It has been since the beginning of time, pretty much.

Do another tournament. Build them up another way...
You want the tournament to have weight behind it, else it's just another pointless gimmick for no reason.

By having mechanical benefits attached to consistent events you build meaning and value for them, which can be used down the line to build other storylines and wrestlers. This is why the Rumble is so great, same with Money in the Bank. The result of the matches has an impact going forward, so they have meaning to the fans and they get very invested in them.

At the same time, it's why Survivor Series is meaningless. The winner doesn't matter, nothing changes and if it didn't happen you wouldn't care. King of the Ring is the same right now, but if you built it up so it consistently has an impact on the show (by giving the winner some form of authority) then it'll soon become important.

It's just simple good booking. Consistent events that impact the show going forward. Don't chose to book badly with a random tournament, chose to book well with a persistent one. Let the fans become invested in the results.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
power.jpg

Reactions: Cor

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It has been since the beginning of time, pretty much.

Do another tournament. Build them up another way...
Just because they did it since the beginning of time it doesn’t HAVE to be a character trope. They usually bring back the tournament for the sole purpose of changing people’s gimmicks nowadays rather than push people.

They didn’t have Brock walk around in a crown or anything. They just pushed him. Same with Austin (although the push wasn’t immediate).

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Just because they did it since the beginning of time it doesn’t HAVE to be a character trope. They usually bring back the tournament for the sole purpose of changing people’s gimmicks nowadays rather than push people.

They didn’t have Brock walk around in a crown or anything. They just pushed him. Same with Austin (although the push wasn’t immediate).
Brock Lesnar at the time was pretty much solidified as the guy. Also, that was almost 20 years ago.

There are so many other ways to build up a babyface.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Brock Lesnar at the time was pretty much solidified as the guy. Also, that was almost 20 years ago.

There are so many other ways to build up a babyface.
And there are so many other ways to build a heel too. No need nail it down one way of the other.

The entire company is massive void of meaning, hardly anything matters. It's a fixable issues, you just have to subtract from the problem instead of adding to it.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
And there are so many other ways to build a heel too. No need nail it down one way of the other.

The entire company is massive void of meaning, hardly anything matters. It's a fixable issues, you just have to subtract from the problem instead of adding to it.
They can’t plan 2 weeks ahead, I don’t trust they have an ability to build anything.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
They can’t plan 2 weeks ahead, I don’t trust they have an ability to build anything.
So? No one should trust WWE, we all know their track record. But WWE having bad booking isn't a reason for fantasy booking also to be bad. We can do better, so we should.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
What are they gonna do with this angle. They're obviously not gonna bury Fury, and it sure doesn't make sense to have him get the best of Strowman. They gonna play this ankle injury?

On a sidenote, Fury could not look more unathletic. Watching him move around you wouldn't think in a million years he could be HW champ.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What are they gonna do with this angle. They're obviously not gonna bury Fury, and it sure doesn't make sense to have him get the best of Strowman. They gonna play this ankle injury?

On a sidenote, Fury could not look more unathletic. Watching him move around you wouldn't think in a million years he could be HW champ.

A lot of the heavy weights don't look athletic, but they know how to use their hands and that's all that matters in that sport.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Fury is a great athlete, one of the best in the division.
I don't want to completely derail the thread, but he is a great boxer. If you put him on a basketball court or an NFL type combine where he had to run a 40, bench press, do agility drills, etc., it would be embarrassingly bad. Nothing against the guy, I actually like him, but he couldn't move more unathletically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad