WWE: Monday Night Raw 198: Monday Night Smackdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Watched the Bray stuff and I think you guys are CRAZY to think that sucked. That is GREAT stuff. We didn't want wizard Bray. We wanted dark/deep Bray. He looks like an absolute monster with this stuff. In his head he thinks he's okay and he's what the world needs. But in reality he's darker than ever before.

This stuff is awesome. That's how Bray's character should be. When he gets in the ring he should stop smiling and go crazy. Outside of the ring, smile, be Mr Rogers-like. An absolute psychopath.

I love it.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I'm not really sure what to think of the Bray Wyatt new gimmick. I mean if this is it then I'm not sure I'll enjoy it. If this is just a swerve and not the end game, then I'm interested to see what happens. Its honestly just been disappointing for me as a WWE fan lately. Being a fan of Wyatt, Ambrose & Strowman its just been a terrible past 8-10 months lol

I'm intrigued. I still believe that Bray as a talker is better than anybody in the WWE (or at least in terms of potential) so.. we'll see. As long as there's something deeper and darker to it...I think it'll end up paying off.

If not...then....welp. They've killed Bray for good.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Watched the Bray stuff and I think you guys are CRAZY to think that sucked. That is GREAT stuff. We didn't want wizard Bray. We wanted dark/deep Bray. He looks like an absolute monster with this stuff. In his head he thinks he's okay and he's what the world needs. But in reality he's darker than ever before.

This stuff is awesome. That's how Bray's character should be. When he gets in the ring he should stop smiling and go crazy. Outside of the ring, smile, be Mr Rogers-like. An absolute psychopath.

I love it.
First watch was a giant wtf

Midway through I was like “hmmmm” and then re-watched and was like “omg yes”

I wonder if they’re going a Dude Love/Mankind route.

Wyatt’s character was never meant to be what it ended up being at the end because they ran it so far off course, so this is a big, necessary reset and I can’t wait to see when he cracks.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm intrigued. I still believe that Bray as a talker is better than anybody in the WWE (or at least in terms of potential) so.. we'll see. As long as there's something deeper and darker to it...I think it'll end up paying off.

If not...then....welp. They've killed Bray for good.

I agree, Bray is a fantastic mic worker. I know some are not a fan of the cryptic tongues, but I love it. I really hope this turns into something amazing. If not, Bray's run with WWE will be on a Top 10 worst WWE runs of all time.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Third hour was a drop of 400,000 from last week. 2.69 was hour 2 last week, now it’s hour 1.
WWE’s obsession with Corbin in the main event and Becky having NOTHING ready for her after WM that people care about has killed things.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
WWE’s obsession with Corbin in the main event and Becky having NOTHING ready for her after WM that people care about has killed things.

They basically told you anyone who is not Becky or Charlotte is a geek so good reason not to care. Probably why they’re going back to that now on SDL instead of next year.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They basically told you anyone who is not Becky or Charlotte is a geek so good reason not to care. Probably why they’re going back to that now on SDL instead of next year.
I also just don’t think they did anything at all to make people care about Becky after she had her moment. They destroyed the entire division for the triple threat, but THE draw left and now they have someone who’s wrestled ONE one-on-one match as Becky’s contender on Raw.

But again, I had a feeling after her chase this would happen for Becky too. Her character has reached its pinnacle, and there’s no one credible in the division, which has turned into an awful, awful women’s division credibility wise.

Also, why the f*** is Becky going nearly 10 minutes with Alicia Fox? Are they out of their god damned minds?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I think Alicia Fox had her last match in WWE last night. She got a chance against the top woman in the division and looked awful and like she did not care.

Reactions: Jussi

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It sounds like I may be in the minority here, but I don't like the new Bray Wyatt gimmick. That could change, but we'll see. I actually think it would have been better without the whole "funhouse" or "kiddy" angle. Maybe have him be a man of faith or preacher but who still has the "hurt" and "heal" thing still going on. Anyway, looks disappointing to me and this on the heels of Luke Harper leaving...

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Has Luke Harper left? I know he asked for his release but WWE seems to be generally ignoring those requests these days.

Was there news about it being granted?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
It sounds like I may be in the minority here, but I don't like the new Bray Wyatt gimmick. That could change, but we'll see. I actually think it would have been better without the whole "funhouse" or "kiddy" angle. Maybe have him be a man of faith or preacher but who still has the "hurt" and "heal" thing still going on. Anyway, looks disappointing to me and this on the heels of Luke Harper leaving...

Meh, they've tried the preacher angle before.....New Day started out like that, at least briefly, before they flipped the switch completely and transformed it into something actually good.

Before that, there was Reverend D-Von (with Deacon Batista by his side :laugh:)

And who can forget Mordecai?

Every time the WWE goes the "holy" route, it falls flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad