AEF
Charlotte vs Ronda in the Main Event

Asuka vs Becky vs Carmella on the pre-show

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
nope

go away heat like this is why the ratings suck and no one watches because its insulting and they dont care about the payoff

good heat draws people in because they want to see the heel get whats coming to them

And guess what. People are going to keep tuning in to see what happens with “The Man” next.

Alas, the modern day millennial fan doesn’t want a story about Becky fighting her way back against Charlotte and Vince. They want everything handed to Becky, just like they expect in their lives.

It’s ironic really

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
nope

go away heat like this is why the ratings suck and no one watches because its insulting and they dont care about the payoff

good heat draws people in because they want to see the heel get whats coming to them

It's not go-away heat when Vince shows up. It doesn't happen, it's never happened.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
And guess what. People are going to keep tuning in to see what happens with “The Man” next.

Alas, the modern day millennial fan doesn’t want a story about Becky fighting her way back against Charlotte and Vince. They want everything handed to Becky, just like they expect in their lives.

It’s ironic really

:biglaugh:

I'm sorry, WHO gets everything handed to them?

Because it sure as **** isn't Becky.

Charlotte, ****-eating grin and all, was the benefactor last night of yet another gift-wrapped PPV title match that she didn't earn.

Yeah, you're right, it'll keep viewers tuned in just to see what the **** Vince is thinking, or how Becky is going to react. But there are so many better ways to draw interest and keep viewers hooked. Making a mind-numbingly stupid booking decision is the worst possible way to do it. Certainly the most infuriating. :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
:biglaugh:

I'm sorry, WHO gets everything handed to them?

Because it sure as **** isn't Becky.

Charlotte, ****-eating grin and all, was the benefactor last night of yet another gift-wrapped PPV title match that she didn't earn.

Yeah, you're right, it'll keep viewers tuned in just to see what the **** Vince is thinking, or how Becky is going to react. But there are so many better ways to draw interest and keep viewers hooked. Making a mind-numbingly stupid booking decision is the worst possible way to do it. Certainly the most infuriating. :laugh:

Charlotte is the most consistent and best in ring performer that division has got. She’s the top. If anyone deserves to be in the WrestleMania main event, it’s her.

Let me remind everyone that Charlotte has been planned for the Match against Ronda since July. It’s Becky who has been added in. Not Charlotte. That’s all storyline. Behind the scenes, Becky is the addition.

Becky was supposed to have her match at Survivor Series, which she had to miss because she got punched.

And Charlotte stepped up, and had a great match with Ronda, not that its a surprise.

Any thoughts of Charlotte not being in that match was just delusion. I’ve been saying since December it would be a Triple Threat.

And it’s going to be an awesome match. All of Charlotte, Becky, and Ronda can go. The build will be good. Women will be main eventing, as they should.

Ya’ll are just pouting for no reason

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It was Charlotte vs. Ronda, then they changed it to Nattie vs. Ronda, then it was Becky vs. Ronda and they added Charlotte back in when the angle at Survivor Series got over (so much for go-away heat).

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It was Charlotte vs. Ronda, then they changed it to Nattie vs. Ronda, then it was Becky vs. Ronda and they added Charlotte back in when the angle at Survivor Series got over (so much for go-away heat).

My understanding is that it was Nattie vs Ronda, but then Nattie’s dad passed, so it went to Charlotte-Ronda.

It became Becky-Ronda briefly after HIAC, but once Charlotte-Ronda had that match a SS it went back to Charlotte-Ronda and after Evolution, Becky was added back in.

Charlotte’s been in the plans for this match much longer than Becky, is the point.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Charlotte is the most consistent and best in ring performer that division has got. She’s the top. If anyone deserves to be in the WrestleMania main event, it’s her.

Let me remind everyone that Charlotte has been planned for the Match against Ronda since July. It’s Becky who has been added in. Not Charlotte. That’s all storyline. Behind the scenes, Becky is the addition.

Becky was supposed to have her match at Survivor Series, which she had to miss because she got punched.

And Charlotte stepped up, and had a great match with Ronda, not that its a surprise.

Any thoughts of Charlotte not being in that match was just delusion. I’ve been saying since December it would be a Triple Threat.

And it’s going to be an awesome match. All of Charlotte, Becky, and Ronda can go. The build will be good. Women will be main eventing, as they should.

Ya’ll are just pouting for no reason

I'm not saying Charlotte isn't Creative's "chosen one".....that much has been blatantly obvious. Vince obviously prefers her over Becky, over Ronda, over everyone else, for some reason. Some mysterious reason, why Charlotte Flair keeps getting all the opportunities not awarded to the others. I wish I knew what that reason was. Such a mystery, that.

Oh well.

It just irks me, is all. Like, why build Becky up into this anti-hero, same as they did with Austin, the fans just eating it up as her popularity skyrockets?

Why create this massive face if all you're going to do is stomp all over it later on, and just start playing favourites again out of spite to troll the fans? That's what it must be. Vince knows what the fans want, and is deliberately trolling them by shoehorning the vastly less popular Charlotte in Becky's place. He obviously knows how to get a reaction, he's been doing it long enough.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My understanding is that it was Nattie vs Ronda, but then Nattie’s dad passed, so it went to Charlotte-Ronda.

It became Becky-Ronda briefly after HIAC, but once Charlotte-Ronda had that match a SS it went back to Charlotte-Ronda and after Evolution, Becky was added back in.

Charlotte’s been in the plans for this match much longer than Becky, is the point.

It went to Becky vs. Ronda after the invasion angle took her out of survivor series. Evolution was before Survivor Series. Becky has always been in since Survivor Series.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm not saying Charlotte isn't Creative's "chosen one".....that much has been blatantly obvious. Vince obviously prefers her over Becky, over Ronda, over everyone else, for some reason. Some mysterious reason, why Charlotte Flair keeps getting all the opportunities not awarded to the others. I wish I knew what that reason was. Such a mystery, that.

Oh well.

It just irks me, is all. Like, why build Becky up into this anti-hero, same as they did with Austin, the fans just eating it up as her popularity skyrockets?

Why create this massive face if all you're going to do is stomp all over it later on, and just start playing favourites again out of spite to troll the fans? That's what it must be. Vince knows what the fans want, and is deliberately trolling them by shoehorning the vastly less popular Charlotte in Becky's place. He obviously knows how to get a reaction, he's been doing it long enough.

They aren’t stomping all over Becky.

This is part of the story.

There’s 2 PPV’s and like, 8 weeks until WrestleMania. Gotta let things happen

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
They aren’t stomping all over Becky.

This is part of the story.

There’s 2 PPV’s and like, 8 weeks until WrestleMania. Gotta let things happen

They are....last night was a gut punch. First HHH and Steph humble her and make her apologize, telling her it's in her best interests to toe the party line and make amends, all for the big Wrestlemania moment she's owed.

I mean, she DID win the Royal Rumble, basically ensuring her of a title shot at Wrestlemania.

Guess Vince assumes we're supposed to forget about that, too. :laugh:

I know there's still two months before Mania, and hey if this whole thing leads to HHH and Steph actually backing Becky now in defiance of Vince and his senility, I'm all for it. Like I said before, they chose not to show HHH or Steph's reaction to Vince's bombshell so maybe they're as upset with it as Becky was.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

Oh well.

The reason is not mysterious, the reason is Triple H loves Ric Flair. That's the only reason.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The reason is because blondes.

I'm still amazed that Vince let Carmella go from blonde to brunette, which I guess is her natural hair colour? He's got so many blondes on the roster maybe even he thought it was oversaturated. Gotta change it up a tad. :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm still amazed that Vince let Carmella go from blonde to brunette, which I guess is her natural hair colour? He's got so many blondes on the roster maybe even he thought it was oversaturated. Gotta change it up a tad. :laugh:
Well they got more blondes and they're pushing Mandy Rose and have Lacey Evans. I mean, in theory they have Lacey Evans, she dropped off the face of the earth since the Rumble. Carmella's character allowed it for her to change.

That would work if Charlotte was not butt ugly.

If Vince were pushing Mandy Rose to the moon (and he will), you would have a point.
Doesn't matter. Blondes. The first like 6 women in the Rumble was basically Vince giving himself a woody.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Everything feels lifeless heading into Wrestlemania.

For one, I don't know why you have TWO PPVs in between the Rumble and Wrestlemania. That's stupid overkill.

Second, Becky is so hot she should be in the main event in a singles match. That's not happening.

Rollins was stupid hot through the summer and instead of winning the title at Summerslam, he's going to be win the title 8 months later when his reactions are a fraction of what they were in the summer.

It all feels so dull and lifeless on Raw, whereas Smackdown is a ****ing awesome show but they don't have a set challenger for Bryan yet (I'd still go Joe here, or if they move Wyatt over, do that.).

I remember years ago I contemplated not watching Wrestlemania, and @ColePens told me "it's our Christmas, we're all going to watch it." And I'm not calling out Cole here, but I watched it and it was awful (I think that was the Roman/HHH WM). The talent is capable of so much, but the booking is so bad and lifeless, or they wait too long to pull the trigger on something, or even when they have this HUGE star, they have to shoehorn THEIR guy/gal into it. Ugh.

Wrestling is supposed to be fun, and while NXT and Smackdown are fun, their main brand is simply not fun nor are they particularly good.

A lot has changed recently. I do believe we should just sit back and enjoy WM, but a lot has changed. WM is no longer the culmination of great feuds. It's just a "moment" getter and that 's very frustrating to watch. I would actually condone anyone at this time skipping Raw/PPVs/etc. WWE has shown they aren't important so if fans tune out, so be it. That's life. They get what they deserve.

As for me - i'll watch NXT weekly. It sucks that it's taped and only on the network because there is something fun about live tv in front of different crowds each week. I hate taped studio crowds. The NXT crowd is a tad annoying but the Takeover crowds are my people. And then i listen to podcasts of raw/sd reviews. I do not invest my time in a company who does not care about my time. :laugh: AEW hit home when they said it would be about the fans and wins/losses matter. I'll be tuning into that 100%.

Dull, lifeless, and zero continuity. That definitely defines WWE for over 10+ years now. I'm happy wrestlers are finally given an avenue not in WWE. It's sad to see so many people lose the love of their life (wrestling) as they are told to go out there and smile/play a dumb character with zero substance. Lucha House Party... go out there and have a bunch of stereotypical items so people understand. Dude.. that's brutal. :laugh: Ambrose... tell people they smell! Yikes.

So hey... WWE gets what they deserve. And that 7 hour PPV isn't going to be worth the time.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yeah they seem incapable of figuring out what to do with the new callups.

Nikki's had the most matches, I think, but now she's jobbing with the likes of veteran Alicia Fox for some reason. Double the crazy, I guess.

Heavy Machinery is in a decent spot in the tag division, not sure if they'll get a bigger push any time soon, though. Creative is too focused on their ring names to put them in a title spot, I bet. :sarcasm:

EC3 has Ambrose gunning for him now after a cutesy promo. Who knows what the end game is there, I'm hoping this isn't Ambrose's last feud before he bolts.

Lacey had one of the longest runs at the Women's Rumble, but since then.....yeah I don't think she's done anything besides just being in the background of a backstage promo or something. :dunno:

And Lars has just gone AWOL, not sure if we'll ever see him. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad