GDT: MONDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2014 · CALGARY FLAMES v. LOS ANGELES KINGS · 7.00 PM

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Heh, one of the best parts of this season is reading opposing teams gtd's after a Flames win. It's like having a scrumptious dessert after an excellent dinner.
My personal favorite is the Gaudreau pseudo-haters. Commenting on how dumb his nickname is whilst perpetuating it themselves. Making up excuses why he was able to perform every play he makes. The jealousy is tangible

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
My personal favorite is the Gaudreau haters. Commenting on how dumb his nickname is whilst perpetuating it themselves. The jealousy is tangible

Honestly, "Johnny Hockey" is used far more frequently by other fans on the main board than on this board. It probably would have died out pretty quickly if people didn't get such a rise out of it.

Aug 3, 2010
I actually like LA....

Liking a team has nothing to do with their fanbase.

Personally speaking, I casually follow division rivals (especially the Canucks / Oilers) but don't get me started on the fans.
Regarding the Canucks, Kings, and Blackhawks, they've all had decent teams as of late (I even predicted - and placed a highly profitable bet in the first round to win it all - the Kings winning it all in 2012) but one of the biggest reasons why I believe you can follow a team is out of respect. The aforementioned teams always give the Flames a tough game and at times their players have struck fear as I sat on the edge of my chair watching and listening.

But the fans? The fans are just another group of people who remind me of the idiom, "opinions are like *******s... everyone has one" ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Like the Kings but their fans are huge babies.

The Flames record is due to their "hot streak" at the beginning of the year. A hot streak which lasted until ****ing December. But that 7 game losing streak is definitely more indicative than two months of winning. Nevermind the fact that the Flames have a winning record against LA going back to last season.

Whine more, babies.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I dislike Kings' fans.

Ever since they've won a cup in 2012, their fans have become cocky. They also probably have the most bandwagon fans as well.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
My personal favorite is the Gaudreau pseudo-haters. Commenting on how dumb his nickname is whilst perpetuating it themselves. Making up excuses why he was able to perform every play he makes. The jealousy is tangible

The first half or so of the Kings GTD was a goldmine in that regard. Wonder how long it'll take before the 'arg, why doesn't someone just hit him already' goes away.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
24T6yln.png

I don't check the standings regularly so to me this is crazy. Losing 8 games in a row and still tied in pts with everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad