Pre-Game Talk: Monahan-less Habs vs Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Gignac must be happy good for him.

Evans 2nd line omg, even Gustavo Lindstrom had more goals in like 5 weeks worth of games. Buckle up

20240204_110327.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: The Real Timo

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Thinking MSL needs to stop using Gallagher so much.................might help some of us think he is actually developing his kids, and not his vets! Gally and Armia are two I want to see on the 4th line in terms of usage....
Let the kids loose!! Bench the useless vets.

For the record I like MSL..............but some of his decisions, leave me confused as to what he is thinking.....up front and on D.
Agreed. Can't understand the benefit of playing Gallagher anywhere but the 4th line. No one is going to trade for him. 4th line or press box until they can buy him out.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lineup with Monahan wasn't great, but now it's downright ugly. I believe Gignac is staying up.

I guess:

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Pearson-Evans-Anderson
RHP-Gignac-Armia
Pezzetta-Condotta-Ylonen

Suspended: Gallagher
IR: Newhook, Dach, Dvorak
That is the worst bottom 6 I have ever seen but you just know they will be lights out. Wonder if they will break up that top line when Newhook is back given that Newhook and Anderson were a complete gong show together, but also Slaf needs to progress.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Training footage popped on my twitter feed and it looks like Anderson, newhook, cole, Evans, slaf wear red jersey so it's impossible to figure out the new lines

But it probably shows that Evans is C and newhook not

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Poor Suzuki. Everyone went to Mexico while he continued playing hockey and now will play like 25 minutes a game until the rest of the season.
I wouldn’t call Suzuki poor. 25 minutes of hockey approx 3 times a week for 8 mil a year with no playoffs is not a bad deal. I’d take it.

I predict Monahan surprises us all by being in our line up and we keep trading him for first round picks until the end of time.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
This better be the last season team sucks so bad.
We are looking until at least 2026-2027 before the team starts improving. What kind of players will start making a difference next year? The forward core will still suck. Only addition might be Roy.

Dach will be back but I am expecting him to be injured again at some point (sry I know it's rough but wish him the best and hopefully I'm being proved wrong).

Slaf should continue his progression next season but it wouldn't be enough to tip the scale in our favor. Especially considering our direct tanking competitors will get better than us.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
We are looking until at least 2026-2027 before the team starts improving. What kind of players will start making a difference next year? The forward core will still suck. Only addition might be Roy.

Dach will be back but I am expecting him to be injured again at some point (sry I know it's rough but wish him the best and hopefully I'm being proved wrong).

Slaf should continue his progression next season but it wouldn't be enough to tip the scale in our favor. Especially considering our direct tanking competitors will get better than us.
This is depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad