Momentum Gloves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ Wiggum

Jun 7, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
Sher-wood has recently released the Momentum hockey line and I am looking for new gloves so I was wondering if anybody here knows much about them. Are they any good, are they worth buying or are they even out yet? Any info would be appreciated on these or any other gloves that people like.

IkeaMonkey*

Not a big fan of SW gloves...

In my opinion, the top gloves out there are the Bauer Vapor line. They are relatively inexpensive, have great protection and if you like the fit, they feel amazing.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
I really enjoy Sande gloves...a lot actually...

but I'm a huge fan of the Bauer Vapor gloves...and that's what I wear...but if I could get my hands on some Sande gloves I'd be all over it

jacklours

Mar 5, 2003
Magog
gerf said:
Sher-wood has recently released the Momentum hockey line and I am looking for new gloves so I was wondering if anybody here knows much about them. Are they any good, are they worth buying or are they even out yet? Any info would be appreciated on these or any other gloves that people like.

I doubt they are intensely marketed yet since some pairs (I don't know for sure they are momentum, but all their new stuff for next year is there) are actually in Las Vegas for a show (last week in Toronto). Anyways, I guess Sher-Wood is waiting to see the response they'll get over there before going too crazy.

On a side note if you're looking for a stick, the Momentum Comp (the all black with red writing on it) is a really good stick. If you remember the Eclipse, than it's pretty much the same stick exept they changed the name (and obviously the design). The Eclipse in my mind was hugely underrated and the Momentum Comp will help change that because people like the name better, I strongly reccomend it. (I play with it). Also, if you play in a non-slapshop league then I would suggest you take the Momentum S.O.P. (the blue one), you don't get as great a slapper with it as with the Eclipse but your wrister is much better and precise as hell. I'm talking by personal playing experiences, and feedbacks I've had after selling these sticks.

Hope that helped if you need some more information on Sher-Wood don't hesitate, i'm usually well informed about the company (except for some of the new equipment cause they want to keep it a secret for as long as possible)

Edit : Typo

PJ Wiggum

Jun 7, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
jacklours said:
I doubt they are intensely marketed yet since some pairs (I don't know for sure they are momentum, but all their new stuff for next year is there) are actually in Las Vegas for a show (last week in Toronto). Anyways, I guess Sher-Wood is waiting to see the response they'll get over there before going too crazy.

On a side note if you're looking for a stick, the Momentum Comp (the all black with red writing on it) is a really good stick. If you remember the Eclipse, than it's pretty much the same stick exept they changed the name (and obviously the design). The Eclipse in my mind was hugely underrated and the Momentum Comp will help change that because people like the name better, I strongly reccomend it. (I play with it). Also, if you play in a non-slapshop league then I would suggest you take the Momentum S.O.P. (the blue one), you don't get as great a slapper with it as with the Eclipse but your wrister is much better and precise as hell. I'm talking by personal playing experiences, and feedbacks I've had after selling these sticks.

Hope that helped if you need some more information on Sher-Wood don't hesitate, i'm usually well informed about the company (except for some of the new equipment cause they want to keep it a secret for as long as possible)

Edit : Typo
Thanks for the info. About a month ago I bought a Momentum 99 DS shaft and really like it. I have been looking to buy a one-piece for a while now but couldn't find any Eclipses that were the right hand. I guess I will have to look for this Momentum Comp stick instead. BTW do you have any info on a good blade that will work with my shaft? Also what is the difference between the Momentum 95 DS and the Fibre DS stick?

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
gerf said:

I think Sher-Wood makes a very comfortable glove for the price. Depending on how much you want to spend, that could be the way to go. I've been using the following:

Eagle X70
Mission H750
Easton Z-Air (2001)

I like all of the above for differant reasons. The Mission is a sort of "cross-over" glove and is very reasonably priced ($99.00 U.S.). You might want to wait until March or so when all of the equipment companies bring out their new products. I'm hearing good things about CCM, Itech, and RBK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad