Post-Game Talk: Momentum building?

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
So Edmonton has the most reg wins in the pacific. Sickens me when I see those welfare Flames right under us with 9 loser points

Please let them miss the playoffs.

I listed to a podcast with Luke gadzic. This clown actually said "I still believe Calgary has the deepest 1-4 in the division"

I'm assuming he meant Cs

I don’t understand how anyone can think that. Lindholm is a passenger, Kadri is good but aging and best suited as a 2C. Backlund is a good 3C but definitely paid to be so. I don’t even know who their 4C is lol

Aside from Edmonton with the best C depth in the division (easily), Vancouver have better centre depth, LA…maybe others?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Elliotte tonight against TB.

So we get Vasi tomorrow. Not sure if thats good or not. We arent the best against backups but its Vasi.

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022

So we get Vasi tomorrow. Not sure if thats good or not. We arent the best against backups but its Vasi.
I thought Tampa would want to start vasi tonight and almost guarantee a win lol.

We beat them last time and beat them at home last year

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I actually heard the tail end of Lowe tide talking today and he said something like "they can send deshnarnais down and call him back up at the end of the season"

I was like huhhhhh

I would be irate if they sent this guy down

Our defense stabilized the moment he got in the mix. Zero of our other right shot D men are capable net front defenders at the moment, but he is.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I actually heard the tail end of Lowe tide talking today and he said something like "they can send deshnarnais down and call him back up at the end of the season"

I was like huhhhhh

I would be irate if they sent this guy down
I mean sure if they go out and trade for a top 4 guy they can do that.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Our defense stabilized the moment he got in the mix. Zero of our other right shot D men are capable net front defenders at the moment, but he is.
It would be fantastic if him and Broberg could anchor the 2nd pairing in a year or two.

Now we just need to find a good partner for Nurse. (Not hating on Ceci but he’s not the guy)

OILFAN FOREVER

Feb 26, 2021
I thought Tampa would want to start vasi tonight and almost guarantee a win lol.

We beat them last time and beat them at home last year
Didn't we lose to them the game Kane got hurt? Spector keeps saying in his articles all the time that we won in Tampa but I thought we lost that game.

Anyways, the other goalie shouldn't matter. No excuses. Play our best against a Stanley Cup contender. Expecting a good effort tomorrow.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

I don't think it matters, if he goes off he goes off. Sometimes we score 6 on the guy.

4W in the bank, next stop...
Evander-Kane-Game-7-Oilers.jpg

I'd photoshop this into the "you just lost to the Oilers" meme if we got there, but I'm an accountant so photoshop isn't my forte.

Reactions: Oilhawks

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
So Edmonton has the most reg wins in the pacific. Sickens me when I see those welfare Flames right under us with 9 loser points

I listed to a podcast with Luke gadzic. This clown actually said "I still believe Calgary has the deepest 1-4 in the division"

I'm assuming he meant Cs

Oilers 3rd line center, Nuge, washes their entire team. We wouldn't hear the end of how amazing Nuge is by the media if they had him.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022

I'm assuming he meant Cs

Absolutely ridiculous assumption. Context is definitely required.

You heard something on a podcast and assumed it was Calgary's centre depth is the deepest in the division.

Sorry @SnipeShowJB11 that makes no sense.

Why would anybody assume that's what was said on the podcast? Share it if you want, but I don't believe a former player would say that. No way. Nobody who has played in the league can be that moronic.

The Oilers top 3 Cs are 1st, 2nd and T12 in league scoring. For centres they are 1st, 2nd and 4th. Lindholm is 48th in league scoring and the Flames highest scorer.

Nope, do not believe

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011

You heard something on a podcast and assumed it was Calgary's centre depth is the deepest in the division.

Why would anybody assume that's what was said on the podcast? Share it if you want, but I don't believe a former player would say that. No way. Nobody who has played in the league can be that moronic.

The Oilers top 3 Cs are 1st, 2nd and T12 in league scoring. For centres they are 1st, 2nd and 4th. Lindholm is 48th in league scoring and the Flames highest scorer.

Nope, do not believe

I can't speak for what Gazdic said but I'm pretty sure some of the Flames homer media were saying they had the deepest centre depth in the league. But that was probably somewhere around that hot start. Damned if I could find it

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Watched the Seattle game finally. Odd game. I say that because all the goals the Oilers should have scored besides McDavid, they didn't cash, and all the odd ones they did get. Don't get me wrong the Oilers were well deserved winners, they were running Seattles show. But they could have scored 10.

The scary thing for any opponents viewing is that the Oilers are such a force that Seattle played well enough and didn't really stand a chance. Seattle had all kinds of puck luck including the bad goal even to be around in this game for two periods.

This was a complete undressing and foreshadowing of playoffs.

Its the thing. Teams around the league would rather lose to teams like the flames, Kraken etc because they would like to face those teams in playoffs, and not the Oilers.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I can't speak for what Gazdic said but I'm pretty sure some of the Flames homer media were saying they had the deepest centre depth in the league. But that was probably somewhere around that hot start. Damned if I could find it
Gazdik is one of the idiots that was gushing over Seattle and the Flames (both are as ordinary as they come) and saying the Kings have no chance of making playoffs. To me the best clubs are the Oil, Vegas, Kings. Always felt that way. Kraken and Flames are mostly illusion. In Seattles case credit that they have a solid enough room that they try really hard. But you can't outplay teams all year 82games a year. Teams like the Kraken can run out of gas, and even if they get there its bringing a butterknife to the playoff party.

Wasn't it Hrudey talking about the Kings center depth?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Gazdic was saying 1-4 as in D, which I don't think is even true, I would take Vegas or Seattle's top 4 over Calgary, there's no way he could mean centers ... their centers are not really having banner years. Kadri has OK goal totals but is way down overall in ppg, Lindholm has OK assist numbers but way down in goals, Backlund is having a so so season, and I don't even know who their 4C is.

Reactions: capazzo

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Gazdik is one of the idiots that was gushing over Seattle and the Flames (both are as ordinary as they come) and saying the Kings have no chance of making playoffs. To me the best clubs are the Oil, Vegas, Kings. Always felt that way. Kraken and Flames are mostly illusion. In Seattles case credit that they have a solid enough room that they try really hard. But you can't outplay teams all year 82games a year. Teams like the Kraken can run out of gas, and even if they get there its bringing a butterknife to the playoff party.

Wasn't it Hrudey talking about the Kings center depth?

Agreed 100%. Kraken have a lot of try but don't have the elite talent (butterknife instead) to keep it up. Beniers might be that, someday. Flames are just as lol mediocre as expected despite the media hype train.

I think it was Hrudey, I mean, who else? LOL

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Thanks for that. So much media clutter out there to sift through...

The Flames do have good centre depth. But it isn't close to as good as the Oilers.

If someone compared the Flames and Oilers while considering Draisaitl a winger then yeah the Flames have better centre depth. But that's a pretty shady comparison.

Last edited:

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com

Nope, do not believe
Didn't see anything, but it sounds to me like he is referring to the top 4 dman. Makes more sense to me anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad