Moments in a TV show/Movie that made you stop watching

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
It could be terrible acting or dialogue. An implausible story line or an eye-roll worthy plot twist. What are the moments in TV and Film that made you do this?

15394169.gif

For me, I will always remember how stupid the name of the element was that they were trying to mine in 'Avatar'. Unobtainium. Come on. That's like something an 9 year old would come up with.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
We were doing a Planet of the Apes marathon a few months back and when we got to Beneath, I tapped out as soon as the psychic people showed up with their nuclear bomb.

I tapped out of The Walking Dead during season 3 when we had like the 6th episode in a row where 59 minutes of nothing happened then the last minute it was OMG WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT WEEK. I was so annoyed by the constant use of the format that I stopped.

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
We were doing a Planet of the Apes marathon a few months back and when we got to Beneath, I tapped out as soon as the psychic people showed up with their nuclear bomb.

I tapped out of The Walking Dead during season 3 when we had like the 6th episode in a row where 59 minutes of nothing happened then the last minute it was OMG WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT WEEK. I was so annoyed by the constant use of the format that I stopped.

I really can't believe people still watch that show.

I just like to think that they all died in the shelter at the end of season 1 and that was the actual end of the series.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague

This was immediately what jumped to my mind when I saw the thread title. BORING with a capital B capital ORING

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I stayed with Walking Dead until the season after the prison, but like the first or second episode had a scene where the kid is walking up stairs in a deserted house and there's a 30-second pause while he focuses on a door. In that moment I instantly knew:

1) there would be a zombie behind the door
2) the zombie would only attack once he opened the door, having somehow not heard people tramping through an empty house before
3) the kid would take no precaution other than staring at the door for awhile
4) he would be saved by some miracle

all four things came to pass and I decided I'd had enough of the show.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I watched the pilot for Boardwalk Empire - it's written by a guy who was a major player in the Sopranos, which I absolutely loved - and while I liked a lot of it, I found Michael Pitt's character so distracting and grating. He seems like a copy of Christopher Moltisanti in The Sopranos and it just seemed so bland/unoriginal to me so I didn't keep watching but I'll probably end up giving it another shot.

Last edited:

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
The Americans - it just became too far fetched. Especially with the kids not knowing their parents are up to some shady stuff.

The Walking Dead - watched season 1 cuz everyone kept talking about it. The dialogue and acting was soooo cheesy. No way I'm watching anymore.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The Killing. The whole season was leading up to the big reveal and they totally punted and dragged it out for another season.

RussianRifle27

Dec 3, 2007
Stopped watching TWD recently because it stopped being about zombies and instead has focused on driving the same old trope of Rick's group versus another nefarious group of survivors.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
I watched the first 5 seasons of Sons of Anarchy then stopped. I even struggled through that godawful Ireland season. I don't think there was a specific moment that made me quit watching but I finally just realized it was a terrible show.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
The King of the Hill episode "Uh Oh, Canada". I used to be a KotH fan who wished Mike Judge would go and make more seasons.

Then I watched that episode.

Now I think Mike Judge can just go **** himself.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
ITT: Smart people bailing out on TWD

I'm one of them

most recently for me.. The first 5min of Hacksaw Ridge. I love zombies and Mel Gibson, shame on both

Mimsy

Mar 21, 2015
The King of the Hill episode "Uh Oh, Canada". I used to be a KotH fan who wished Mike Judge would go and make more seasons.

Then I watched that episode.

Now I think Mike Judge can just go **** himself.
While I had mostly been a casual viewer, I also bailed permanently after watching that episode and will only remember Judge as an ignorant hick piece of crap.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
The Americans - it just became too far fetched. Especially with the kids not knowing their parents are up to some shady stuff.

The Walking Dead - watched season 1 cuz everyone kept talking about it. The dialogue and acting was soooo cheesy. No way I'm watching anymore.

You should try watching farther.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Stopped TWD after it became a cartoon I would say in season 3 and anyone that could actually act was gone.

Dexter as some point, the writers lost it after Trinity. I came back for the finale lol.

TV shows are really difficult past season 3, they just get old and stale. A few good ones push through.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The second Arthur Petrelli squashed Hiro after he had that moment with his mother in Heroes I was finished with that show. At that point it became more about the Petrelli family affair than Heroes.

Swiss Army Knife the second he started drinking water out of the corpse I almost threw up and never watched another second of that junk.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Glenn's fake death was the final nail in the coffin for me and TWD. I'd been tuning out slow but surely for a while, but that was where I just said no more. Can't keep watching this crap.

I watched the first 5 seasons of Sons of Anarchy then stopped. I even struggled through that godawful Ireland season. I don't think there was a specific moment that made me quit watching but I finally just realized it was a terrible show.

This. Jax was so unbelievably stupid it just got to the point of totally tuning out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad