Moderator Appreciation

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
So is it possible to get thread banned for over-appreciating the mods?

Also, are we allowed to appreciate them in other threads?

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
So is it possible to get thread banned for over-appreciating the mods?

Also, are we allowed to appreciate them in other threads?

It's possible to get thread banned for everything and anything. Heck, if people don't post in certain threads sometimes I just thread ban them for fun, and as a pre-emptive strike. I'll thread ban for insincerity, and if you point out my spelling mistakes. I've thread banned someone for being taller than me, even though they were actually shorter. I've thought about thread banning someone for eating sushi one day when I was craving sushi. The only thing I won't thread ban you for is if you ban me from a thread first...even then, you bet I'll try.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's possible to get thread banned for everything and anything. Heck, if people don't post in certain threads sometimes I just thread ban them for fun, and as a pre-emptive strike. I'll thread ban for insincerity, and if you point out my spelling mistakes. I've thread banned someone for being taller than me, even though they were actually shorter. I've thought about thread banning someone for eating sushi one day when I was craving sushi. The only thing I won't thread ban you for is if you ban me from a thread first...even then, you bet I'll try.

Post of the year so far.

I expect to be threadbanned following this post

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
The mod job is not always easy , we are here because we like it and don't count the hours of dedication to this section and HF in general .

Thanks for the kind words , guys. I can tell you that the Avs mods are a great group of people and you guys are lucky to have Soundwave , RL , Bubba and TV on board .

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Dear Mod's,

Thanks for dealing with my negativity and randomness over the years. I love coming here for insight and i'll try to make it easier for you.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

haha, amazing post.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
Fairly sure this is going to be a relatively short lived thread but I just want to go on record and thank all of our great moderators on the AVs section of this board right now.

Unpaid, under-appreciated and forced to read so much absolute crap...in addition to all of the absolutely wonderful thoughts and posts that many offer. Unlike me, y'all simply don't have the luxury of ignoring certain posters, threads or simply taking off for a month or six. I applaud you all and wish you nothing but luck this season.

This board wouldn't survive if not for folks like y'all. Thank you!!!
They no longer pay mods?

:popcorn:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Awesome job keeping the meltdown that occurred last night to a minimum. Ya'll are under appreciated for sure. :clap:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
They no longer pay mods?

:popcorn:

images

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I'm a big fan of the mods here. You guys do a great job and do have to waive through quite a bit of Bi-polarness (not sure if actual word :laugh:) on our forum. I wish more mods on this site were like the ones found here.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Insert generic brown-nosing comment [here]. :sarcasm:
Seriously thanks for all the hard work.

I big thanks also to all the contributors here, you all are like an army of micro-beat reporters and you end up providing more info than "real media". I only need to come here to get all my Avs info.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I think all the Mods are just the Illuminati....

except Bubba

because no respectable Illuminati member would be named Bubba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad