OT: Mod Appreciation Thread

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Now that all is said and done for the year I think it's high time for a stick salute to our Bruins Moderators.

Knowing a wee bit about how hard the voluntary job is I can't remember a tougher year to do so.

We had the lockout. The Marathon bombings. The Teams roller coaster season. Iggy part I. The great playoff drive. The disappointing end. The draft. Bye bye Tyler. Free Agency. Iggy part II.

Enough to make a young man old.

So, I thank each and every one of you for a job well done and keeping it all together here at dear old HF.

:handclap:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The Bruins Mods are definitely the best or at least better ones out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Eff em.
They get paid well...wait they don't get paid?
Jesus, bravo Guys

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Definitely need to give our mods some much-needed appreciation. They do a heck of a job weeding out the many trolls that wander over to our board. I sometimes get the sense that Shanahan is a mod on the main boards, as there is no rhyme or reason much of the time as to why posts get deleted and wrists get slapped. I never feel that way here on the Bruins board. Great job mods!

mattbnh

Apr 26, 2004
New Hampster
Considering what I hear and see about other team's forums on HF, and some of the messy general board forums, our MODs are sainted. I rarely start threads, and I have never gotten an infraction that I know of, so I am not very high maintenence for these folks. But I appreciate the work they do to keep this forum from becoming a modern day alt.flame (see who remembers that anarchy from the usenet days).

The best part is that there seem to always be folks willing to lend a hand when the old timers need to take a break. So kudos to all our mods.

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
Thanks, Wally...you would know better than anyone how (insert any adjective for crazy here) moderating these boards can be. I spend a fair amount of time on some of the other teams' pages (mainly for trade rumors/fantasy hockey advice) and I will say that we have the best posters. As crazy as it gets here, its a good group overall. Ive learned more here since '07 than I did the prior twenty...

So, thank you for the thank you. And thank you for setting a good example.

And Kovi...what are we drinking today darlin'? :laugh:

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Job well done to our fine citizens on patrol here. It really has been a crazy six months. Thanks.

Oh, and if you need to get your lawn greener, be sure to go Ace.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
**** those people. They think they are just sooooo stylish with their cool clothes and their British accents. The 60s are over *******s.

**** you Twiggy.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Now that all is said and done for the year I think it's high time for a stick salute to our Bruins Moderators.

Knowing a wee bit about how hard the voluntary job is I can't remember a tougher year to do so.

We had the lockout. The Marathon bombings. The Teams roller coaster season. Iggy part I. The great playoff drive. The disappointing end. The draft. Bye bye Tyler. Free Agency. Iggy part II.

So, I thank each and every one of you for a job well done and keeping it all together here at dear old HF.

HEAR! HEAR!

Thanks to all of the moderators who keep this board alive & running smoothly.

Have a fine summer, :handclap::handclap::handclap:

GH

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
**** those people. They think they are just sooooo stylish with their cool clothes and their British accents. The 60s are over *******s.

**** you Twiggy.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read this. Now if you'll excuse me I have to shine my winklepickers and change the oil in my scooter.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Thanks for doing a very difficult and at times thankless job.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006

We definitely miss your "take no prisoners" strategy and the annual trade deadline plea... Overall, the MODS does a great job. I'm sure they are happy to not have to lock a 345th thread on Tim Thomas vs Tuukka Rask :D

Tim O'Reilly

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ont.
Visit site

Great thread - thanks Wally - and thank you mods!

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
THe marathon bombing threads were some of the hardest to moderate that I can remember. Thanks for all the kind words, even if it seems like I police the Bruins posters more than the incoming foreigners.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad