OT: MOD ALERT POST #599 Brady suspended 4 games, Pats fined $1Mill and lose 2 draft picks

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This deserves its own thread.

Tom Brady suspended, Patriots fined for Deflategate

Quarterback Tom Brady was suspended four games and the Patriots were fined $1 million and stripped of a first-round draft pick in 2016 for their involvement in the “Deflategate†scandal, the NFL announced Monday.

The Patriots were also docked a fourth-round draft pick in 2017.

“We reached these decisions after extensive discussion with Troy Vincent and many others,†NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said. “We relied on the critical importance of protecting the integrity of the game and the thoroughness and independence of the Wells report.â€

1534942_10205864572706191_3421750668771990170_o.jpg

11165175_10205864572666190_5812620210597234109_o.jpg

Last edited:

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
Ouch; I'm not even a fan of the Patriots but having Tom Brady on the cover of Madden is punishment enough, compared to his suspension.

The consequential implication this suspension presents is by suspending Tom Brady, this buys much-needed breathing room for the rest of the AFC East.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Historic punishment. Much worse than BountyGate, which put the lives of players in danger.

Not a Pats fan, more of a Bills fan.
So no proof that Brady did it.
Also, are players required, under the rules, to notify the Refs if they
think a rule has been broken ? Not 100 % sure, but I highly doubt it.
How can they do anything to Brady ? That's BS.

They should penalize the Pats, someone with the team, did it, but they are
way out of bounds penalizing Brady, unless they know he did it.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
This has appeal written all over it.

This is going to turn into a PR nightmare for the league. They botched the Ray Rice case, now the have suspended Brady twice as long and penalized the team of top of it.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
This is straight out stupid! Just unbelievable and I hope this gets turned around on appeal.

Regardless Tom Brady is one of the best if not the best QB to ever play the game of Football. And I'm not even a Pats fan.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Troy Vincent’s letter to Tom Brady:

“With respect to your particular involvement, the report established that there is substantial and credible evidence to conclude you were at least generally aware of the actions of the Patriots’ employees involved in the deflation of the footballs and that it was unlikely that their actions were done without your knowledge. Moreover, the report documents your failure to cooperate fully and candidly with the investigation, including by refusing to produce any relevant electronic evidence (emails, texts, etc.), despite being offered extraordinary safeguards by the investigators to protect unrelated personal information, and by providing testimony that the report concludes was not plausible and contradicted by other evidence.

“Your actions as set forth in the report clearly constitute conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the game of professional football. The integrity of the game is of paramount importance to everyone in our league, and requires unshakable commitment to fairness and compliance with the playing rules. Each player, no matter how accomplished and otherwise respected, has an obligation to comply with the rules and must be held accountable for his actions when those rules are violated and the public’s confidence in the game is called into question.â€

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Could care less about the 4 games im concerned about the 1st round pick. Didn't the Wells report clear upper management?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I agree the punishment is harsh , but why , when the Pats are so good , do they do these stupid things ???

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
absolutely outrageous and the punishement reeks of mistakes for domestic and child abuse

always been a huge draft fan, buying multiple magazines and watching all those shows on NFL network- no reason to now. **** you NFL

I'll root for the Patriots and watch their games but I am done with the NFL otherwise- pass on those Thursday, Monday, and weekend games

hockey will make it easy to pass on their games

football is going to be only one level above basketball to me

MadderBum*

I agree the punishment is harsh , but why , when the Pats are so good , do they do these stupid things ???

if you read the"report" it sounded like 2 disgruntled employees trying to **** over their boss...
so other than hiring two wannabe "homies"as ball boys i dont think they did anything.

MadderBum*

Message sent.

Integrity of the league is WAY more important than the integrity of humanity.

theyd rather thugs be role models than the great human beings they have in the league Tommy being one of the top.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
What a ******* joke the NFL is, this's whole saga hasn't even been proved and they already took heavy actions. Rice got 2 games for what he did to a defenseless women. the greatest QB get's more punishment for something that hasn't been proved. Bravo NFL, Bravo.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I doubt these teams/players will think twice about cheating.

SpyGate, BountyGate, DeflateGate all resulted in Superbowl victories.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Could care less about the 4 games im concerned about the 1st round pick. Didn't the Wells report clear upper management?

I don't get this, either.

Serious question: Did the NFL strip other teams of draft picks when their players were guilty of something and got suspended a few games?

Seriously, I am saying this as "impartial" as can be, but the NFL is losing credibility at an alarming rate. If you ask me, the league is full of thugs, the scandals keep on coming...
...and the NFL has nothing better to do than starting a witch hunt against not only one of the best, but also one of the most respected - on and off the field - players of all time.

The league should be truly ashamed of themselves. They are single handedly taking the spot light from the other 3 big sports in terms of ratings and glamour, but they are ruled FAR worse than ANY other of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad