NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: Fifth Overall Pick

Who Should the Ottawa Senators Select 5th Overall?

• Jack Quinn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anton Lundell

• Dawson Mercer

• Brandson Schneider

• Seth Jarvis

• Other (please specify in the comments section)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Question:

Is this what we would do or what we think the Senators will do?

It's pretty much what you want it to be. But I would try to approach from the perspective of the team you're drafting for.

For example, I'm not just going by how I have players ranked. I am going by who I think they'd be looking at, who is a fit, etc.

I know everyone loves to say "BPA" but the reality is that it's not always just a straight numerical list. You might have several players who are all at pretty much the same level. So what factors serve as the tie-breaker? Things of that nature.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Well, I want Lucas Raymond to fall to 22, so...yeah :)

I don't think that's going to happen. For the way I'm seeing this survey going--Raymond will probably fall between 9 and 12 for me. I have Sanderson to Anaheim, Holtz to New Jersey and Rossi to Buffalo. That doesn't mean that's how it will play out but that's only where I am with it right now. Sanderson to Anaheim because Anaheim is stronger in younger forwards than D and Zegras and Sanderson out of the same USNTDP program I think there's a match there and Jake will help stabilize their D. Holtz because he might be the best sniper and with Jack Hughes and Nico Hischier needing a goal scorer and Rossi to Buffalo just because IMO he's the best player left. That leaves Minnesota looking at Raymond and Lundell or maybe even Jarvis or Quinn. I haven't sorted that out yet but I'm leaning towards Lundell.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I think nabbing whichever of Byfield/Stutzle and then Drysdale at 5 is the best course of action for Ottawa. I'm sure it'd be really tempting to take Rossi, but they already have a really deep pipeline of forwards in Belleville and a pretty good crop of LD to build around in Chabot, Brannstrom, and Lajoie/Wolanin. Drysdale gives them that potential top-pairing RD they're currently lacking and puts the cherry on top of what's arguably the best farm system in the league. They actually do a remarkable job of scouting and finding good players throughout the draft. Their main issue is Dorion and Melnyk being the worst GM/owner combination in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad