NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: 8th Overall Pick

Who Should the Buffalo Sabres Select 8th Overall?

• Dawson Mercer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Braden Schneider

• Yaroslav Askarov

• Connor Zary

• Noel Gunler

• Other (please specify in the comments section)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
With the 7th pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the New Jersey Devils select Alexander Holtz with Djurgårdens of the SHL.

The draft thus far:

1. The New York Rangers select Alexis Lafreniere, LW, Rimouski

2. The LA Kings select Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury

3. The Ottawa Senators select Tim Stutzle, LW, Adler Manheim

4. The Detroit Red Wings select Cole Perfetti, LW, Saginaw

5. The Ottawa Senators select Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie

6. The Anaheim Ducks select Lucas Raymond, RW, Frölunda

7. The New Jersey Devils select Alexander Holtz, Djurgårdens

The Buffalo Sabres are on the clock...

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Supposedly they prefer a center, which would indicate Rossi or Lundell.

But I also can't help but feel like Quinn and Jarvis would be appealing for them as well.

However, I think Rossi is too tempting for them to pass up here.

Last edited:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Kind of amazed Sanderson has made it this far – but then again, I am that Rossi has as well. With Dahlin already in the fold and having spent a 1st on a LD last year as well, I go Rossi.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
This is likely going to be the easiest one for a while for me. That dynamic offensive talent will be too hard to resist after investing so much in D the last couple years with the draft.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Supposedly they prefer a center, which would indicate Rossi or Lundell.

But I also can't help but feel like Quinn and Jarvis would be appealing for them as well.

However, I think Rossi is too tempting for them to pass up here.

Yeah, I think the temptation to take a dynamic forward outweighs the need to actually build a defense.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Part of me thinks Jack Quinn--it's like Holtz and Hughes try to find a winger who can score goals with Eichel. But seriously I think they go with Marco Rossi just because he's more of an overall dynamic offensive player.

Reactions: Lion Hound

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If only Buffalo had an elite 2C so they could focus on adding wingers

Well they do have Viktor Olofsson and I guess they could hope for more from Marcus Johansson and that Skinner will go back to his goal scoring ways. Their team is a bit of a mess. I don't like their ownership either. To me in their situation they should go for the best forward available or Sanderson.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Well they do have Viktor Olofsson and I guess they could hope for more from Marcus Johansson and that Skinner will go back to his goal scoring ways. Their team is a bit of a mess. I don't like their ownership either. To me in their situation they should go for the best forward available or Sanderson.
Think it’s a quip about dealing away ROR.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Think it’s a quip about dealing away ROR.
Yeah I still don’t really understand that

like Colorado trading him I somewhat understand. Why on earth Buffalo moved on for him though is a mystery. Maybe he was a negative presence, and Buffalo wasn’t a good place for him? Who knows? It’d sting a little less if they got anything decent for him but what do they have to show for it? Patrick Berglund noped the f*** out, Tage Thompson is looking a guy who was drafted in The first round because he’s 6’6, Sobotka is a black hole, and the first rounder they got they turned into Brandon Montour who may not even get qualified

Disastrous trade tht set the team back 5 years

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah I still don’t really understand that

like Colorado trading him I somewhat understand. Why on earth Buffalo moved on for him though is a mystery. Maybe he was a negative presence, and Buffalo wasn’t a good place for him? Who knows? It’d sting a little less if they got anything decent for him but what do they have to show for it? Patrick Berglund noped the f*** out, Tage Thompson is looking a guy who was drafted in The first round because he’s 6’6, Sobotka is a black hole, and the first rounder they got they turned into Brandon Montour who may not even get qualified

Disastrous trade tht set the team back 5 years
He had that interview after the last game of one of their seasons where he basically said he was miserable and hockey wasn't fun anymore because they sucked so bad and I think they decided that's not really an attitude their captain should have about their team. And I don't remember if his drunk driving his truck into a Tim Horton's thing was while he was with Buffalo or not

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad