NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: 6th Overall Pick

Who Should The Anaheim Ducks Select 6th Overall?

• Dawson Mercer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Braden Schneider

• Seth Jarvis

• Yaroslav Askarov

• Connor Zary

• Other (please specify in comments section)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
With the 5th pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the Ottawa Senators select Jamie Drysdale with Erie of the OHL.

The draft thus far:

1. The New York Rangers select Alexis Lafreniere, LW, Rimouski

2. The LA Kings select Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury

3. The Ottawa Senators select Tim Stutzle, LW, Adler Manheim

4. The Detroit Red Wings select Cole Perfetti, LW, Saginaw

5. The Ottawa Senators select Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie

The Anaheim Ducks are on the clock...

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Sorry for the delay, work stuff...

So I went with Raymond here. He's the third guy on my list who is still available, but I think Anaheim feels like a good landing spot for him. I think he's a guy who they can justify as being BPA, and he fits an organizational need, so that's a win-win for them.

Holtz is also a consideration and possibly even Sanderson. But in the end, Raymond's high ceiling, and the lack of any RW in the system with a similar profile gives him the nod.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Interesting to see Rossi getting some votes here.

I tend to feel like with Zegras, Lundestrom, Groulx, etc., the deciding factor for the Ducks is likely to be positional and a compliment to what they're building.

In that sense, I kind of feel like Rossi would actually be fourth on their list behind some Raymond, Holtz and Sanderson.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

I tend to feel like with Zegras, Lundestrom, Groulx, etc., the deciding factor for the Ducks is likely to be positional and a compliment to what they're building.

In that sense, I kind of feel like Rossi would actually be fourth on their list behind some Raymond, Holtz and Sanderson.
It was a toss up between Rossi and Raymond for me, but I feel like Rossi could slide in behind Zegras as a 2C for them going forward better than their other options

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It was a toss up between Rossi and Raymond for me, but I feel like Rossi could slide in behind Zegras as a 2C for them going forward better than their other options

I think they’re close. But my thought process was Anaheim doesn’t have anyone on the wings with Raymond’s potential. I think that potential, perhaps more than another smaller, finesse-oriented center might carry some weight for them.

And that’s not meant as knock on Rossi, who I actually have ranked a little higher than Raymond.

Last edited:
Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

BPA and in this range of #5-10, it's a toss up what order they'll go in

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Based on talent, it's Raymond
Based on the overall package, it's Holtz for me

It's a toss-up. If they go boom-potential, it's Raymond. If they follow the trend other team's scouts have followed, it's more likely to be Holtz.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Based on talent, it's Raymond
Based on the overall package, it's Holtz for me

It's a toss-up. If they go boom-potential, it's Raymond. If they follow the trend other team's scouts have followed, it's more likely to be Holtz.
This was my thinking too. I feel like Anaheim will go with the guy with slightly less upside (who still projects as a top 6 wing), but also less chance of busting.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
With the 5th pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the Detroit Red Wings select Jamie Drysdale with Erie of the OHL.

The draft thus far:

1. The New York Rangers select Alexis Lafreniere, LW, Rimouski

2. The LA Kings select Quinton Byfield, C, Sudbury

3. The Ottawa Senators select Tim Stutzle, LW, Adler Manheim

4. The Detroit Red Wings select Cole Perfetti, LW, Saginaw

5. The Ottawa Senators select Jamie Drysdale, D, Erie

The Anaheim Ducks are on the clock...
*Ottawa Senators. :)

Reactions: Edge

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Choose Sanderson

They need defense prospects and Sanderson is a good one to eventually replace Lindholm

If Sanderson gets taken by Ottawa at 5 than I think Drysdale is the pick here

Reactions: Sleestak Nation

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Raymond seems like the fit. If Drysdale was still on the board he'd be the obvious pick for Anaheim but in this case Raymond is the next best thing for them.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Ducks are well-known for their history of drafting and developing really good defenseman, but it's just too tempting to set up their offensive future with Raymond and Zegras. If they want a dman, I can see them nabbing whoever falls out of O'Rourke or Wallinder with their second pick.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Raymond not going 4 or 5 is a travesty.

I think he's right in that back of players who could go 4th or 5th.

The question is whether there are enough concerns surrounding him, particularly by the teams picking in those spots, that a few of his peers slide in front of him on draft day.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Rossi. So they can have TWO overrated center prospects. Lol.
Idk, he is one of the most productive CHL players ever
Gu7LEen.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad