NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft Poll: 17th Overall

Who Should The Chicago Blackhawks Select 17th Overall?

• J.J. Peterka

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lukas Reichel

• Brendan Brisson

• Ridly Greig

• Tyson Foerster

• Jake Neighbors

• Ty Smilanic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The vibe I have is Guhle is still raw in a lot of ways but they tend to be good ways--kind of more like a K'Andre Miller than a Dylan McIlrath way. It's more about bad habits that tend to be coached out of a young player the more they develop than shortcomings in the skills department.

Him being viewed in a similar manner to Miller would probably be the most accurate way to descrbe Guhle's potential draft slot this year.

I don't think he cracks the top 10, but anything from just outside the top 10 to the mid-20s is very much in play. He's going to be a kid most teams are trying to project in 2023 moreso than looking at what he is in 2020.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Him being viewed in a similar manner to Miller would probably be the most accurate way to descrbe Guhle's potential draft slot this year.

I don't think he cracks the top 10, but anything from just outside the top 10 to the mid-20s is very much in play. He's going to be a kid most teams are trying to project in 2023 moreso than looking at what he is in 2020.

It seems to me the skating and raw skills are there along with at least a few bad habits he's got to be broken of and that should come as he develops more and gets older. That's been K'Andre Miller's storyline too. Personally I'd rank Guhle over Schneider just on upside even if Schneider probably is closer to the NHL. With Schneider I think what we're looking at is someone like Ian Cole. He's going to take care of his end and that's 90% of his entire game. He's for a team that wants a stay at home responsible guy with size and attitude.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
It seems to me the skating and raw skills are there along with at least a few bad habits he's got to be broken of and that should come as he develops more and gets older. That's been K'Andre Miller's storyline too. Personally I'd rank Guhle over Schneider just on upside even if Schneider probably is closer to the NHL. With Schneider I think what we're looking at is someone like Ian Cole. He's going to take care of his end and that's 90% of his entire game. He's for a team that wants a stay at home responsible guy with size and attitude.

From an upside perspective, I know quite a few people who think Guhle’s ceiling is right there with , or maybe just a slight notch below Sanderson’s and Drysdale’s.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Chicago has the same bottom six problem that the Rangers have. Holloway
If the Rangers wanted to trade up, this might be a very good slot for them to do so.(probably for Holloway/Grieg because we have the same bottom six problems and Chicago does)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If the Rangers wanted to trade up, this might be a very good slot for them to do so.(probably for Holloway/Grieg because we have the same bottom six problems and Chicago does)

If the Rangers had someone specific in mind but to me there's about 5 or 6 guys still on board that I feel comfortable with us taking at 22 so I don't see a good enough reason right now for us to trade up. IMO two--maybe 3 of them will still be there when it comes our turn.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If the Rangers had someone specific in mind but to me there's about 5 or 6 guys still on board that I feel comfortable with us taking at 22 so I don't see a good enough reason right now for us to trade up. IMO two--maybe 3 of them will still be there when it comes our turn.
I’m not a huge Holloway guy, but he is the last player before the tier drops a bit in my opinion. Chicago picks, and then three of the next four are NJ and CBJ. I think is it shakes out like this, then this is a great spot to get in front of them, without necessarily breaking the bank; but I also think Chicago has a very hard time passing Holloway here.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I’m not a huge Holloway guy, but he is the last player before the tier drops a bit in my opinion. Chicago picks, and then three of the next four are NJ and CBJ. I think is it shakes out like this, then this is a great spot to get in front of them, without necessarily breaking the bank; but I also think Chicago has a very hard time passing Holloway here.

Well then the next step is whether to trade Georgiev and the 22nd and the question of whether that package is good value for Holloway because if it's too much Chicago either expands their return or you probably shouldn't do it. I like Holloway and Amirov best of what's left but IMO if we're sending them Alex and the 22nd that's a bit much. What would be fair value might be this---Rangers--17 OA + 46 OA-->Blackhawks--Georgiev + 22 OA. To me that's a deal but Alex to move up 5 spots for a player marginally better than several others still on board is too much.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Chicago has the same bottom six problem that the Rangers have. Holloway
by the time holloway is a good bottom 6er, kane and toews are in their mid 30s. they dont strike me as a team that should be concerned with fixing the bottom 6 in the near term with a 1st round draft pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad