mock draft / free agent game - idea...

papershoes

Dec 28, 2007
Kenora, Ontario
not sure if this is the appropriate place for this so, feel free to move it where it belongs.

i've participated in a mock draft, free agent game, and the all-time draft, and thought it would be interesting to attempt to combine the three into one all-encompassing game.

here's the idea (keep in mind - this isn't set in stone, just checking interest)...

we begin the season in 1979-1980 (with the 22 teams available). 22 gm's (maybe co-gm's) sign up for each team. each team will then draft (fantasy draft) their roster based upon the players playing in the 1979-1980 season (if this is perceived to take too long, we can begin with the 1979-1980 rosters as is).

after the teams are drafted, each gm will post their roster (in a separate roster thread) and a trading window will begin. following the trading window, all participants will then rank the teams in their respective divisions (via pm voting) until we eventually determine a stanley cup winner.

following the season, two processes will then begin: free agency and an entry draft.
free agency: we have a set #of agents who will be designated players respective of their free agency status. this may be the hardest part to organize so, i may need some assistance.
entry draft: each team will draft according to their positioning (as voted on) and will draft from the list of players drafted that year (i.e, 1981 entry draft etc...).

some other ideas:
when teams are relocated (i.e, colorado rockies) the gm remains and the franchise name is changed. or, the gm could determine whether or not to relocate or remain where they are.
expansion - expansion teams will be added, and gm's will partake in an expansion draft.
retired players - players will retire according to the year the actually retire.

once again, this is only a thought process. if interested, please indicate. also, i'll need a lot of helping organizing this so, co-commissioners are highly encouraged (if anyone is interested, pm me).

let me know what you think.

cheers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad