NFL Draft: Mock Draft Discussion Thread

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I think that my picks thus far are pretty good towards building the Raiders up longterm

4th overall - QB Dwayne Haskins
24th overall - RB Josh Jacobs
27th overall - CB Deandre Baker
35th overall - G Chris Lindstrom
As a Raiders fan, I hate the Jacobs pick. He's barely a first round talent if at all according to some analysts. Not very fast and low production in college (buried on a stacked team tho). This draft has a lot of good backs who could be available on day 3 so I'd rather they wait until then to pick one since running back isn't one of their biggest needs. They're really high on Chris Warren who played great in preseason last year before getting hurt and missing the season. Also have Crowell, Richard and Washington.

I don't mind the Haskins pick if this is how the draft plays out but I really like Devin White too. I'd also want them to trade Carr immediately if they draft Haskins. In reality, Murray likely goes 1st overall and the Raiders take one of Bosa, Allen or Williams.

I love the Baker and Lindstrom picks. Both fill a major need and are great value where selected. I would've liked Noah Fant at 24. Either that or take the best guard available(Ford, Risner or Lindstrom) with one of the late 1st round picks and take Winovich or Ferguson at 35. DE is by far the Raiders biggest need so it really should be addressed with one of their top 4 picks.

Reactions: Datsyukian Deke

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I think that my picks thus far are pretty good towards building the Raiders up longterm

4th overall - QB Dwayne Haskins
24th overall - RB Josh Jacobs
27th overall - CB Deandre Baker
35th overall - G Chris Lindstrom

This could be the worst mock for the raiders I’ve seen yet. Awful.

Absolute biggest need is defensive end, but we don’t take one at all??

Next two biggest needs are tight end and guard. I like the 35 pick of Lindstrom but the rest are awful. Jacobs is not gonna be any better than Crowell Richard or Warren.

I don’t have the baker pick but with Worley Conley Nelson and Lawson we could hold off on cb.

Haskins is awful, just disgusting. Carr threw for over 4000 yards last season with no receivers. Imagine how good he will be with AB and Tyrell.

Here is how the raiders draft should look:

4: DE
23: TE
27: G
35: DE

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Not sure if it was considered, but shrewd move by the Cardinals taking a local kid, much less it being N'Keal.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Not like you had to watch the Red Wings in the playoffs. ;)
When the only person in ownership who had the first clue about anything, dies, and incompetent GM's & Head Coaches aren't fired years after they should have been, that's what happens, sadly. :facepalm:

I think I watched maybe about 10 minutes of hockey total, all year, and was ready for the season to end before the first game began. All in the hope that July 1st will hurry up and get here, so our Captain can finally right the ship at GM, which has been a complete joke for the last 5 or 6 seasons.

Fingers crossed....:help:

Last edited:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I highly respect the man’s football knowledge, but I think I’d throw stuff at my TV if Ballard selected Rapp while Abram is still available. There’s nothing Taylor Rapp brings that Jonathan Abram doesn’t do better. Tackling, ball skills, you name it. He’ll be a steal wherever he ends up.

I wouldn’t mind Rapp, but just if the 1st is already gone.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
I think we might have to cut the mock short after round 2.
Draft in 5 days, no way do we finish by then. I don't see much point continuing after the actual draft has been completed (especially at our current pace)

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
There’s nothing Taylor Rapp brings that Jonathan Abram doesn’t do better. Tackling, ball skills, you name it. He’ll be a steal wherever he ends up.

Abram is the better athlete, without question. But he's not a better tackler, he just makes more highlight reel hits. Rapp's tackling % is insanely good. That's actually one of his best qualities - he doesn't miss tackles (or assignments).

Ball skills are a concern for Rapp, but perhaps you should look up their interception numbers over their collegiate careers. Neither one of them is amazing at it. Abram has a bit more range, but I'm not really that concerned with that considering we'd be pairing him with Hooker and we play so much zone. Sure tackling and IQ is paramount in our defense, which in my opinion, Rapp has over Abram quite comfortably. We also play a ton of 3 safety looks, and that requires one of our safeties to be a pseudo-linebacker of sorts - which again, Rapp is perfect for (and proven), and he actually led his team in sacks. Whereas with Abram, he lined up more in the slot , which we really don't do a ton of with our safeties in our scheme.

Abram makes a ton of mistakes and is undisciplined, his angles and footwork need so much work. Maybe Ballard will take the athletic profile over the IQ, and banks on our coaches to figure the rest out - I dunno. I do like him, but I have more concerns.

I also considered character, which Rapp has in spades. You won't find a better dude or a harder worker. PFF also has him as their 3rd ranked safety, which I do put stock in.

I get that we all have our opinions, but I wouldn't be throwing things at the TV if Ballard took Rapp over Abram. Abram has some serious flaws in his technique and decision making, whilst Rapp's are mainly athletically (even though his tape shows he's completely fine for our scheme). Let's not act like Abram is the second coming of Sean Taylor here. I think they're actually pretty close, I just went with what I'd consider being the safer player with the character profile I think Ballard would prefer.

Reactions: Dominator13

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
The mock should start with a 6 or 12 hrs time clock per pick, then use a list of a current expert (Walterfootball, Bleacher, PFF, whatever) if time elapses as a default pick.

I will never join because I'm not as educated as most of you in college football players, but Tony Romo should make a sincere apology to everyone here.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
I've been participating for fun based on mostly reading about the draft and players, there was trouble to fill all the slots anyway. As an European I don't watch college football at all, but I couldn't enter with the 6 hour window anyway :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00