NFL Draft: Mock Draft Discussion Thread

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Oh shoot someone got Peake from Clemson? Great pick in the 4th. He's a classic H/W/S prospect, but what I like about him is he actually has ability as a WR. He has small nuances (feints, head fakes etc.) of being a WR down. He's also a solid route runner and a hand catcher. He doesn't really have a glaring weakness apart from staying healthy and production. The latter of which was heavily affected playing behind guys like Hopkins, Bryant etc etc.

A really good pick in the 4th. I'd consider taking him in the 2nd-3rd.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Quick look I'll say B+.

Loved the Elliott and Jackson III picks. Liked the Ward pick. I'm not a Clark fan. Short arms, not overly explosive and limited upside as an interior pass rusher. He might be a two down run plugger but a 3rd is a bit high for that type of player.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Quick look I'll say B+.

Loved the Elliott and Jackson III picks. Liked the Ward pick. I'm not a Clark fan. Short arms, not overly explosive and limited upside as an interior pass rusher. He might be a two down run plugger but a 3rd is a bit high for that type of player.

I'll take it.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Came down to Kaufusi and another prospect. Went with Kaufusi because he's one of my favorites.

He's an older prospect (25), but the guy has a lot of intriguing tools. 6'6 285 lbs and 34' arms. A SPARQ score that was 6th best at the combine and in the 82nd percentile of NFL D-linemen. Sackseer has him as one of the best 8 passrushers from this class.

He also isn't completely raw, has a decent spin and swim move. I thought there was enough intriguing tools to take him in the 4th. If he can give me 6-8 sacks/yr as a rotation piece, I'll consider that a win. Especially when that got Oliver Vernon 17M/yr.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Now I have to decide?

index.php

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Nah, that's ok. I just have to decide between picking for need or picking a guy with a high ceiling at another position.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
The Oakland Raiders are now finished:

1. ILB Reggie Ragland
2. SS Vonn Bell
3. NT Austin Johnson
4. OT John Theus

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Falcons are done as well

1-OLB Derron Lee tOSU
2-TE Hunter Henry-Woo Pig Sooie
3-DT-Javon Hargrave-South Carolina St
4-OLB/DE-Yannick Ngakoue-He a Terp

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Panthers have been done:

2. DE Kevin Dodd
2. LB/S Su'a Cravens
3. CB Harlan Miller
4. OT Shon Coleman

I actually really liked every one of these guys when I picked, but in retrospect, I'm just not sure. It's not bad, but it's not that great either.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Panthers have been done:

2. DE Kevin Dodd
2. LB/S Su'a Cravens
3. CB Harlan Miller
4. OT Shon Coleman

I actually really liked every one of these guys when I picked, but in retrospect, I'm just not sure. It's not bad, but it's not that great either.

I think you're pretty close to being right on target with the Panthers. Miller provides depth if Norman bolts and a DE was a glaring need in the SB. I may have switched the OL for the LB in the 2nd round. I think Carolina's OL isn't great but not quite positive on that.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
The Oakland Raiders are now finished:

1. ILB Reggie Ragland
2. SS Vonn Bell
3. NT Austin Johnson
4. OT John Theus

I like that draft. Mack needs help desperately. Woodson leaving puts a huge hole in that secondary to fill. Only question I had was RB, but next year's draft is far superior to this one at that position.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I think you're pretty close to being right on target with the Panthers. Miller provides depth if Norman bolts and a DE was a glaring need in the SB. I may have switched the OL for the LB in the 2nd round. I think Carolina's OL isn't great but not quite positive on that.

Yeah I really wanted to address OL earlier than I did but I think I kept missing out on tiers and didn't want to reach too much for a need. Most of the guys in that spot seemed like they were tracking towards OG, and the Panthers are set there for awhile (like DT).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad