28) Lyamin-San Jose
29) Schultz-Washington
30) Wheeler-Tampa

Ready.....set.......criticize!!!!

Last edited:

jt2004

Apr 18, 2004
King Henry I said:
Party at Slat's house if Barker falls to the Rangers. Likewise for Sutter if Wolski is available at #19

I agree however I've seen a number of reports that use the term sniper when describing Tukonen which is something everybody in the NHL is needing these days. As for Wolski I could see him going to Florida at 7 Calgary at 19 or anybody in between.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I really really doubt Nashville drafts another defenseman in the first round. We have some highly rated defensive prospects now with Suter, Klien, Weber, Stehlik and Sulzer, we already have young defensemen in Eaton, Zidlicky and Hamhuis so I doubt we'd take a defenseman early. We need a big center to play between Adam Hall and Scott Hartnell, I'm thinking Chipchura

jt2004

Apr 18, 2004
triggrman said:
I really really doubt Nashville drafts another defenseman in the first round. We have some highly rated defensive prospects now with Suter, Klien, Weber, Stehlik and Sulzer, we already have young defensemen in Eaton, Zidlicky and Hamhuis so I doubt we'd take a defenseman early. We need a big center to play between Adam Hall and Scott Hartnell, I'm thinking Chipchura

I agree they have possibly the best defensive depth in hockey. However when you project 2-4 years from now you really have to go BPA which is what I did? If you have too many great prospects at a given position you deal with someone who needs that position and you get them to overpay.

jt2004

Apr 18, 2004
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe said:
not higher regarded than Barker, at least not by the CBJ.

I forgot Doug MacLean is always willing to share his draft notes with anyone who will listen :shakehead

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
jt2004 said:
I forgot Doug MacLean is always willing to share his draft notes with anyone who will listen :shakehead

shake your head all you want. since he's been with the CBJ, the guy always has talked fairly openly about the draft and his actions have yet to contradict his words. so, until he burns me, i'll take his info over your guesses.

he's said several times that Ovechkin, Malkin and Barker are the top 3 players in the draft.
he's also said Olesz, Tukonen and Radulov are not on the team's list.

ergo -- CBJ value Barker more than Olesz.

even without MacLean's comments though, it isn't hard to look at the CBJ system and deduce that Barker would be a much better pick for the team than Olesz.

if i'm wrong, i'll come back and apologize.

X0ssbar

shake your head all you want. since he's been with the CBJ, the guy always has talked fairly openly about the draft and his actions have yet to contradict his words. so, until he burns me, i'll take his info over your guesses.

he's said several times that Ovechkin, Malkin and Barker are the top 3 players in the draft.

even without MacLean's comments though, it isn't hard to look at the CBJ system and deduce that Barker would be a much better pick for the team than Olesz.

You won't need to apoligize as you are right on. :clap: Olesz will not go to the CBJ.

For those interested in hearing Doug MacLean's thoughts on the draft - his latest show is posted on http://www.1460thefan.com/tf.php?story=radiohio/1460thefan/2004newfan/on-demand-listening.php for on-demand listening. In the latest edition he flat out eliminated Tukonen.

Indeed if you listen to MacLean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduct his general intentions on draft day. Barker and Ladd are 1 & 2 on his board.

rupispupis

Apr 26, 2004
What does everyone have against Picard?
I think he will definately go before Stafford, Wolski and Schremp.

Picard will not fall past ATL.

I also think you guys are underestimating Valabik's place in the draft.
Despite what your girlfriends have told you, SIZE DOES MATTER.
D can be taught.

Jt - Great call on Tukonen to the Hawks! I think you might be on the right track.

jt2004

Apr 18, 2004

That's great for the CBJ fans although I guess a GM that might hold his cards a little closer to his vest would be my preference? So what if Chicago wants Turkonen and Phoenix or the Rangers have targeted Barker I now know if I can talk Chicago into swapping they can have who they want and CBJ misses Barker!

Although Dougie has far bigger problems with how he runs his team so don't get me started :joker:

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
jt2004 said:
That's great for the CBJ fans although I guess a GM that might hold his cards a little closer to his vest would be my preference? So what if Chicago wants Turkonen and Phoenix or the Rangers have targeted Barker I now know if I can talk Chicago into swapping they can have who they want and CBJ misses Barker!

Although Dougie has far bigger problems with how he runs his team so don't get me started :joker:

we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out. if Doug was telling the truth and it burns him, well, maybe he'll learn.
although in your scenario, cbj can move the 4th pick to someone who wants tukonen, thus screwing chicago. but we can go round and round about that all day.
whatever happens, it should be interesting.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
jt2004 said:

I don't see why eliminating Tukonen is a big deal at all. I've listened to the interview and they clearly have several players on their short list. Sounds like they're trying to decide just how far down they can deal and still ensure themselves of grabbing one of those kids.

Teams are probably going to have heard rumblings like that anyway because the scouts are often all at the same games and end up chatting pre-game, between intermissions, etc.

I really don't see what the big deal is.

looooob

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:
I don't see why eliminating Tukonen is a big deal at all. I've listened to the interview and they clearly have several players on their short list. Sounds like they're trying to decide just how far down they can deal and still ensure themselves of grabbing one of those kids.

Teams are probably going to have heard rumblings like that anyway because the scouts are often all at the same games and end up chatting pre-game, between intermissions, etc.

I really don't see what the big deal is.
agree...example Craig Button let it slip months and months before the draft that the team was interested in Tim Ramholt (mentioned in the same breath as top 10 picks) and yet he was still there for them in the 2nd round. while you don't want all of your laundry on display, I'm guessing that most teams have a decent idea where other teams are headed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad