Confirmed with Link: MOAR GOALIES!!!! (Kochetkov and Makiniemi both get 2 year/$850K ELCs)

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Eetu Mäkiniemi, Antti Saarela ja Roby Järventie jatkavat Ilveksessä • Tampereen Ilves

google translation of this article says Makiniemi’s contract has a team option for this coming season, but reading that I’m not sure if the option was for 20-21 or coming for 21-22.

If it is Raleigh or Ilves next season so be it. He’s signed now, so no Andersen scenario.
The option was for 21/22, and Ilves has taken it. The ingress has it that the Club has confirmed their contracts for the next season.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Oh goddamn. He's going to North America the next fall.

Eetu Mäkiniemelle NHL-sopimus Carolina Hurricanesiin • Tampereen Ilves

Eetu Mäkiniemi receives NHL contract for Carolina Hurricanes
5/1/2021
Ilves Hockey Oy / Mikko Alahäivälä
Goalkeeper Eetu Mäkiniemi, 22, who has played for Ilves in the last two seasons, has signed an NHL contract with Carolina Hurricanes. Mäkiniemi's career will continue next season in North America.
Goalkeeper Eetu Mäkiniemi and Carolina Hurricanes, who joined Ilves in the spring of 2019, have signed a two-year and two-way NHL income agreement. Hurricanes acquired Mäkiniemi's player rights in the fourth round of the 2017 NHL booking event with time number 104.

- The feelings are staggering from the signing of the NHL contract, which has been on the horizon since the booking came. In the autumn, I plan to start fighting for playing time in North America, where my goal is to continue to develop as both a player and a person and get to play for NHL ice, comments Eetu Mäkiniemi.

During the previous Liiga season, the goalkeeper accumulated 34 regular season matches with 90.72 percent of his defense. In five Playoffs matches, Mäkiniemi, one of the best in the Ilves team, had a rejection percentage of 91.53.

- The years at Ilves have taken me a lot really forward, both as a player and outside the ice. The season just ended brought me a lot of important lessons for the future, especially on the spiritual side. I have been able to develop step by step and learned what it takes to be a goalkeeper who can give his team a chance to win from night to night, says Mäkiniemi.

Mäkiniemi praises the goalkeeper coaching he received at Ilves and the development opportunities offered by the club.

- Personally, I feel that I could not have had a better place to develop in Finland than Ilves. Even when I joined, I also knew about the opportunity to play in KOOVEE as well, which was a good place for a young goalkeeper to get responsibility and playing time. Everything went really well as soon as I arrived in Tampere and there were no difficulties.

- The club has helped in all things, enabling my development. The conditions are already good in all respects, but in the future they will certainly be completely exceptional when the UROS LIVE arena is completed. However, I personally feel that goalkeeping coaching has been the biggest thing for my development. It is important for a young goalkeeper to have someone to ask at all times in everyday life. Ilves goalkeeper coach Markus Korhonen and in KOOVEE Jere Myllyniemi helped a lot in this.

Ilves' sports director Timo Koskela is pleased with Mäkiniemi's grip on Ilves and his development towards NHL troughs.

- Eetu Mäkiniemi has developed enormously in the last two seasons. He has the size and qualities of a top goalkeeper, in addition to which a very purposeful and Conscientious training has enabled rapid development. Big congratulations to Eetus on the NHL agreement on behalf of the entire Ilves family.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Although I thought it would be Koch that would get the call to NA first due to getting more regular starts, getting Makiniemi behind a good system and a good set of players is very intriguing. The system will still count on him bailing us out on occasion but not be the game plan.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I hope Rod makes it very clear to Kochetkov that if he mess with the bull, he'll gets the horns.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
If you are a young goalie prospect looking to make a name for himself in the NHL, why the hell would you not want to be a part of the Hurricanes franchise? Look at what our defense just did for the career of Nedeljkovic this season, let alone the numbers that Mrazek put up. Even Reimer had solid stats. Playing behind the defense that we have just seems like an excellent business decision to make that would absolutely inflate future salaries while competing for a Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad