Confirmed with Link: MOAR GOALIES!!!! (Kochetkov and Makiniemi both get 2 year/$850K ELCs)

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Capfriendly already has the details:

Eetu Mäkiniemi - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Pyotr Kochetkov - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Kochetkov has an European Assignment clause, meaning that in case he was sent to minors he has the right to be sent to the overseas team of his own choice instead. Which assumably would be in KHL.

Both have Games Played bonus of $82,500 for all seasons; except Makiniemi $32,500 for his second season. They forfeit a bit in their (speculative) NHL Base Salary, but in case they actually play 10+ games in the NHL, they get paid this bonus for it.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Capfriendly already has the details:

Eetu Mäkiniemi - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Pyotr Kochetkov - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Kochetkov has an European Assignment clause, meaning that in case he was sent to minors he has the right to be sent to the overseas team of his own choice instead. Which assumably would be in KHL.

Both have Games Played bonus of $82,500 for all seasons; except Makiniemi $32,500 for his second season. They forfeit a bit in their (speculative) NHL Base Salary, but in case they actually play 10+ games in the NHL, they get paid this bonus for it.

That makes sense; this way Kochetkov is likely to go back to Europe next season while Makiniemi and Warm are in Chicago.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Was thinking this. Now Laf looks at this and thinks it’s quite crowded goalie situation over here, especially with Ned grabbing the bull by it’s horns.

Not necessarily. Any of these guys could be potential trade bait considering the aggressive FO's love of trades to improve the big team. Laffer very well could still be in the Canes' plans.

Reactions: Tryamw

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Re: Lafontaine

I’m not sure this changes anything. Those guys were already in our pipeline and likely to get a contract at some point in the near future. He would have known that.

He may go UFA next year, but I’m not sure holding off on any goalie signings would prevent it. Nor should the team hold off because of the possibility.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
i think i saw somewhere that makiniemi has another year on his ilves contract, so of the two it is more likely he'd be loaned back and kochetkov would be in the ahl. (in the situation where neither comes in an becomes an nhl roster goalie, anyway)

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
i think i saw somewhere that makiniemi has another year on his ilves contract, so of the two it is more likely he'd be loaned back and kochetkov would be in the ahl. (in the situation where neither comes in an becomes an nhl roster goalie, anyway)

Eetu Mäkiniemi, Antti Saarela ja Roby Järventie jatkavat Ilveksessä • Tampereen Ilves

google translation of this article says Makiniemi’s contract has a team option for this coming season, but reading that I’m not sure if the option was for 20-21 or coming for 21-22.

If it is Raleigh or Ilves next season so be it. He’s signed now, so no Andersen scenario.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Not necessarily. Any of these guys could be potential trade bait considering the aggressive FO's love of trades to improve the big team. Laffer very well could still be in the Canes' plans.

But are the Canes in LaFontaine’s plans?

I doubt it at this point. He will play his 5th year and almost certainly go on the post college FA market. There have to be easier pipelines to fight through than 2 recent draft picks and one undrafted signed to play already, even if they can go back to start in Europe.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Kochetkov has been loaned back to the KHL:

Hopefully his deal with the Canes gives him some leverage to actually start a couple games next year.

Kochetkov has played in 33 games for 6 different teams over the past 2 seasons combined. As a 21 year old goalie in the prime of his development that is disappointing, to put it mildly.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
who's our local khl expert? what does the goalie room look like for torpedo? hopefully the kid will get to carry a better load than the last couple years.

Reactions: AhosDatsyukian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad