MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements Pt. V

Status
Not open for further replies.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Weird story with Iaquinta.

He was a huge favorite over Alves anyway, if he was that worried just drop a 10k bet on Alves and hedge his win bonus.

He wants to make more money.. winning in NY over a name like Alves is how you make money.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Could just be posturing, but Dana is saying that Khabib, and not Conor, is Eddie Alvarez' opponent at UFC 205.

So Conor's holding out because he wants to keep his belt. I doubt Dana would go out of his way to piss Khabib off by using him, so I think that's the fight they make. It's very telling of Dana and Conor's relationship though. The UFC has had enough and they won't pander to him anymore, which could get interesting.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Weird story with Iaquinta.

He was a huge favorite over Alves anyway, if he was that worried just drop a 10k bet on Alves and hedge his win bonus.

He wants to make more money.. winning in NY over a name like Alves is how you make money.

I agree, he screwed up pretty badly here. Again, if these guys want make more money they need to move up the ladder, who has been his best win so far? Lauzon? Well a win over Alves would take over that easily and set him on that path.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Based on Ariel Helwani's comments, it sounds like there's some negotiations/contract issues with Weidman and Stephens as well. That might be what's preventing those fights from being official.

Then there's this guy.....

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So on UFC Tonight they said Conor has a leg injury and probably wouldn't be able to fight in New York because of it. Then Conor and his people go to the media and say he is fine and wants Alvarez on that card.

More public negotiating for the two sides.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I'm not sure Conor wants anything to do with Khabib, so if he is going to dip into 155 for a second belt, he better do it soon.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Could just be posturing, but Dana is saying that Khabib, and not Conor, is Eddie Alvarez' opponent at UFC 205.

That's a really good fight...

I wonder if there is a chance we see three title fights at UFC 205? McGregor/Aldo II as the main event?

That's what it should be considering Aldo is the interim champion and McGregor is the FW champion. It's time for Conor to finally defend a belt. He has two CWC belts, didn't defend a single one. He has the FW belt, has fought twice since, and hasn't defended his belt.

Khabib will hold that title until he decides to give it up. Guy's a monster.

Eh... Love Khabib. Injuries are seriously hurting that man

Conor just outsold UFC 200... UFC has to know this. He's a monster at the box office Gotta find a middle ground somewhere

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Sounds like Joanna Champion will be on 205 vs KK, after talks with McGregor fell through.

If this is true, it's interesting for sure! UFC/Dana putting pride before money, not letting Conor step on them (if it's true).

Dana's supposed to announce the full card on Tuesday, finally, no more guessing.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Sounds like Joanna Champion will be on 205 vs KK, after talks with McGregor fell through.

If this is true, it's interesting for sure! UFC/Dana putting pride before money, not letting Conor step on them (if it's true).

Dana's supposed to announce the full card on Tuesday, finally, no more guessing.

I kind of figured this was the backup option. I know most will be disappointed, but I think it will still be a great card.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I'm not. It's shaping up to be a damn good card.

It will be a great card, but like UFC 200 after all the fall-out, it feels a bit disappointing without a big name main event so to speak. Still, plenty of great fights that should make it an almost certain buy for most fight fans.

Last edited:

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Conor would put it over the top and he's not going to make more money by waiting a few months. If he's healthy would be nice to see him on this one.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
It's an good card. Still think this card needs one or two exciting action fights. Kind wish Iaquinta didn't pull out, cauz that fight against Alves would have likely been the most fun one.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It's an good card. Still think this card needs one or two exciting action fights. Kind wish Iaquinta didn't pull out, cauz that fight against Alves would have likely been the most fun one.

Miller v Alves will probably be just as good.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
So the guy who murdered Ryan Jimmo got granted $1000 bail.. What the ****, Canadian justice system is ****ed. My nephew got too drunk on his 18th bday and wandered into his former residence and passed out on the couch, got charged with mischief and BNE, and he got a $1000 bail. Sound comparable to anyone? Makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad