Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team II - New York City wins the MLS Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
US and El Salvador scoreless at halftime.

US has had a slight edge in play, but El Salvador seems to playing to keep the US off the board and try to grab a goal on a counter attack.

Still... good reminder that WCQs on the road - especially in Central America - are not easy. It's CONCACAF. Weird stuff should be expected.

Reactions: GabeTravels

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
US and El Salvador scoreless at halftime.

US has had a slight edge in play, but El Salvador seems to playing to keep the US off the board and try to grab a goal on a counter attack.

Still... good reminder that WCQs on the road - especially in Central America - are not easy. It's CONCACAF. Weird stuff should be expected.

I feel like any points in Central America are an acceptable result.

McKennie missed a bit of an opportunity there. 17 minutes to go, still 0-0.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Revs go on the road and post a 1-0 win over Philadelphia, courtesy a goal from Matt Polster.

Lots of positives to take from this one. Revs played down a man for 30+ following a red card to Arnor Traustasson, and still took three points - that's what good teams do. Carles Gil also made his return, entering the match for the final 25 minutes.

Also, we got this moment from Henry Kessler with just over a minute left in the match while trying to kill the clock:

My 2nd-favorite moment from a Revs' center back, behind only this:

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Transfer Cash Spent
RankClubLeagueValue
1Man CityENG£926m
£926m
2Man UtdENG£877m
£877m
3Paris Saint-GermainFRA£820m
£820m
4Real MadridESP£675m
£675m
5ChelseaENG£669m
£669m
6LiverpoolENG£576m
£576m
7JuventusITA£563m
£563m
8BarcelonaESP£551m
£551m
9ArsenalENG£542m
£542m
10TottenhamENG£472m
£472m
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Bmf316nhl

But there's no dog
Jul 8, 2007
3 miles south of MA.
Given the unacceptable result at home against Canada, the U.S. is already chasing this thing. Absolute must win tonight.

I'm already looking ahead to the final 3 games of this qualifying schedule (@Mexico, home to Panama, and @ Costa Rica). Need to bank as many points as possible early, and they've already left 2 (if not 4) on the table.

cheg1349

Mar 8, 2006
Cape Cod, MA
Given the unacceptable result at home against Canada, the U.S. is already chasing this thing. Absolute must win tonight.

I'm already looking ahead to the final 3 games of this qualifying schedule (@Mexico, home to Panama, and @ Costa Rica). Need to bank as many points as possible early, and they've already left 2 (if not 4) on the table.

Am I blind or is this game only on Spanish speaking channels?

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Sebastian Lletget wraps up a tremendous 2nd half performance from the USMNT. 4-1 winners on the night, and they'll move into a three-way tie for 2nd place in the region with Canada and Panama.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Revs top NYCFC by a score of 2-1 at Gillette tonight, on the back of goals from Ema Boateng and Tajon Buchanan.

Revs are now 17-4-4 on the season.

They have a 14 point lead over Nashville for the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference.

They have a 10 point lead over Seattle for the Supporter's Shield and the overall #1 seed in the MLS playoffs.

They're still on pace to break the MLS record for points in a season.

Reactions: Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad