Revs/MLS/Soccer MLS - NE Revolution / US National Team II - New York City wins the MLS Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I'm seriously starting to wonder if the leaders of this effort - apparently John Henry, the Glazer Family, and Stan Kroenke - might be forced to sell their clubs.

Update: Andreas Agnelli, the chairman of Juventus, is also resigning.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I'm seriously starting to wonder if the leaders of this effort - apparently John Henry, the Glazer Family, and Stan Kroenke - might be forced to sell their clubs.

LOL. It keeps getting better and better.

Talk about mis-reading a room and over-playing your hand.....

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Not looking good for the ESL right now......

If you are the English FA, and you have clubs like Chelsea and City trying to defect and failing in the attempt......Do you pretend that nothing happened and let them back in with no penalty or consequences whatsoever? Or do you pursue sanctions?

If you pursue sanctions, what is the appropriate punishment?

Reactions: sarge88

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Devine Rink
I don’t care what anyone says, I love this Super League. Imagine one week Man U plays Madrid. Then the following week Barcelona and then Milan after that. I only watch a handful of matches a year, but you can bet your ass I’m going to watch as much of the Super League as possible. Sounds a hell of a lot more entertaining than Man U vs Blackpool, Queens Park, or other basement dwellers.

I’m a casual soccer fan and this is a great way to attract more casuals and potentially turn them into hardcore fans. Can’t wait for this thing to get going.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I don’t care what anyone says, I love this Super League. Imagine one week Man U plays Madrid. Then the following week Barcelona and then Milan after that. I only watch a handful of matches a year, but you can bet your ass I’m going to watch as much of the Super League as possible. Sounds a hell of a lot more entertaining than Man U vs Blackpool, Queens Park, or other basement dwellers.

I’m a casual soccer fan and this is a great way to attract more casuals and potentially turn them into hardcore fans. Can’t wait for this thing to get going.
It's not going to happen.

It's dead.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

If you are the English FA, and you have clubs like Chelsea and City trying to defect and failing in the attempt......Do you pretend that nothing happened and let them back in with no penalty or consequences whatsoever? Or do you pursue sanctions?

Scorched earth I say. Make an example of them. But then again I am vindictive.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

It's over Johnny. It ain't happening.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

Good. Force them out. They did some shady garbage and effectively made themselves unwelcome by trying to make a mini NFL. They deserve to be forced out of their clubs because of this.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005

Bummer
More Sheffield United vs Brighton and Hove for you!

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

It's pretty clear the players/managers on the teams weren't in favor of it, so I'd be careful to not hurt them too much. It's not their fault.

This thing was all about money, so you go with fines and then hit them on whatever revenue sharing there is (TV, etc.). I'm not sure what authority FIFA/the leagues would have to force sales. It's not just about punishing them, it's about preventing it in the future.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
The only ones screwed worse than John Henry are the Glazers and Perez. You cant stage a coup and not succeed. Glazers will be forced to sell soon, and there will be mounting pressure to kick FSG out.

Reactions: EvilDead

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The only ones screwed worse than John Henry are the Glazers and Perez. You cant stage a coup and not succeed. Glazers will be forced to sell soon, and there will be mounting pressure to kick FSG out.
...Stan Kroenke as well.

He was already on shaky ground with Arsenal supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad