Big Smoke
Halifax Sleepwatchers

GMs: markrander87 & Stoneberg

Coach: Brian Sutter

Don Smith - Gus Bodnar - Tom Hooper
Nick Libett - Bill Carson - Joe Carveth
Murray Craven - Mike Bullard (A) - Howie Meeker
Randy Burridge - Steve Rucchin (A) - Mark Hunter

Spares: Niklas Sundstrom (W), Danny Lewicki (LW), Ron Schock (C)

Jim McKenney - Bob Murdoch
Curt Giles (C) - Richard Matvichuk
Dan Hamhuis - Marek Zidlicky

Spares: Brendan Witt

Don Beaupre
Niklas Backstrom

PP:

Don Smith - Gus Bodnar - Tom Hooper
Jim Mckenney - Marek Zidlicky

Murray Craven - Mike Bullard - Joe Carveth
Curt Giles - Bob Murdoch

PK:
Steve Rucchin - Randy Burridge
Dan Hamhuis - Richard Matvichuk

Murray Craven - Nick Libbet
Curt Giles - Bob Murdoch​

vs.

Belleville Bulls

updated_high-res_inverted_logo-298x300.png

Head Coach: Bobby Kromm
Assistant Coach: Brian Kilrea

Jimmy Gardner (C) - Skene Ronan - Bud Poile
Dutch Hiller - Billy Barlow - Dave Christian
Jörgen Pettersson - Vyacheslav Anisin - Mac Colville
Rob Zamuner - Stu Barnes - George Ferguson
Loui Eriksson - Erik Cole

Doug Crossman - Arthur Moore
Uwe Krupp - Bob Plager (A)
Jack Ruttan - Frank Eddolls (A)
Keith Carney

Kirk McLean
Ilya Bryzgalov

PP1: Jimmy Gardner-Billy Barlow-Skene Ronan-Doug Crossman-Arthur Moore
PP2: Jorgen Pettersson-Vyacheslav Anisin-Bud Poile-Uwe Krupp-Dutch Hiller
PK1: Dutch Hiller-Rob Zamuner-Bob Plager-Arthur Moore
PK2: Mac Colville-Stu Barnes-Frank Eddolls-Jack Ruttan​

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax
Good luck chaos, looks like this should be a close one.

On first glance it appears to me that Belleville has the slight (but definite) advantage between the pipes, and possibly in coaching as well, depending on how you value accomplishments in junior hockey and other various leagues. Sutter has a fairly impressive Adams record for this level though (1,2,2,5 plus at least 1 vote in 5 other seasons), and much more top league experience than both Belleville's coaches combined.

Hopefully I have time to prove Halifax has better offensive punch, and I look forward to comparing the defenses after reading up a bit more on Belleville's blue-liners.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
regular season difference between these teams: one voted, the other did not. otherwise we have a tie for 2nd. I look forward to the arguments provided in this matchup.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
At first glance, I'd like to know more regarding who will do the corner work for Bellevilles 1st line.

As well I feel like Anisins playmaking is wasted on that 3rd line, he is known for being a playmaker, is Pettersons goal scoring good enough?

The secondary scoring provided by both 2nd lines is a huge plus for the Sleepwatchers. Christian and Hiller are both low contributors offensively. I think Halifax has the advantage at all three positions on the 2nd lines.

Joe Carveth has a better playoff resume then Any Player on the Bulls. Leading a cup winner (and the league) in playoff goals one year and then leading his team to game 7 of the cup finals leading the league in playoff points and assists another year.

Last edited:

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
At first glance, I'd like to know more regarding who will do the corner work for Bellevilles 1st line.

As well I feel like Anisins playmaking is wasted on that 3rd line, he is known for being a playmaker, is Pettersons goal scoring good enough?

The secondary scoring provided by both 2nd lines is a huge plus for the Sleepwatchers. Christian and Hiller are both low contributors offensively. I think Halifax has the advantage at all three positions on the 2nd lines.

Joe Carveth has a better playoff resume then Any Player on the Bulls. Leading a cup winner (and the league) in playoff goals one year and then leading his team to game 7 of the cup finals leading the league in playoff points and assists another year.
Well..I changed the lines up a while ago but I guess I didn't do it in the roster thread, and kept it in the assassination thread.

I'll make some changes.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010

I'd like to point out that the Bulls said nothing to dismiss my concerns, and again the secondary scoring provided by Carveth, Carson, Bullard etc.. is a huge plus for Halifax.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I'd like to point out that the Bulls said nothing to dismiss my concerns, and again the secondary scoring provided by Carveth, Carson, Bullard etc.. is a huge plus for Halifax.
It's not like I have the time to argue with you over this..there is a reason I didn't want to be apart of this. Cause I knew I couldn't argue anything come playoff time due to time restraints and lack of internet.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
It's not like I have the time to argue with you over this..there is a reason I didn't want to be apart of this. Cause I knew I couldn't argue anything come playoff time due to time restraints and lack of internet.

Its not like my half a paragraph closing statement was too daunting, anyways neither myself or Stoneberg argued at all. Just stating a few obvious points. Should we just not say anything at all because you are busy?

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Its not like my half a paragraph closing statement was too daunting, anyways neither myself or Stoneberg argued at all. Just stating a few obvious points. Should we just not say anything at all because you are busy?
Did I say that?

It was pretty clear that I surrendered that point. Otherwise I would have touched on it. Just don't see why you needed to point that out.

Congrats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad