Steve Smith --- Fred Lake
Don Awrey --- Mike Green

Ron Hextall
Evgeni Nabokov

Last edited:

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Maybe we should throw a bunch of referees past and present in a hopper before we draft our teams? O'Reilly on the second line could result in lots of PK's, but I bet he draws just as much?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
RB, buddy. My main question with your lineup is that I’m really not sure what role that 3rd line is supposed to play? Koivu is obviously a solid two-way 3rd liner who can play a nice little shutdown/defensive role, but then when you include Adams and especially Cloutier I’m just not sure what the identity is there? It’s just a bit random when you consider Cloutier may be your best scoring winger (Bellows will provide some offense too) and he’s sitting there on what we are to assume is intended to be a two-way 3rd line?

Also not crazy about O’Reilly on that 2nd line. I’m really unsure about the fit of those 3 as a three-man unit. I don’t really see the chemistry.

Just thinking out loud here, but what about putting Cloutier on that top line, Bellows dropping down to the 2nd, and O’Reilly can slot in on that 3rd line to make it more of a “checking” type line? I haven’t given it a whole lot of thought so I could be missing something but at first glance it could make sense.

That being said, I was still surprised to see you finish 6th in regular season voting. Thought you deserved better than that. It will be an uphill battle to upset Erie though, IMO. The Blades are very solid, all around.

Last edited:

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
RB, buddy. My main question with your lineup is that I’m really not sure what role that 3rd line is supposed to play? Koivu is obviously a solid two-way 3rd liner who can play a nice little shutdown/defensive role, but then when you include Adams and especially Cloutier I’m just not sure what the identity is there? It’s just a bit random when you consider Cloutier may be your best scoring winger (Bellows will provide some offense too) and he’s sitting there on what we are to assume is intended to be a two-way 3rd line?

Also not crazy about O’Reilly on that 2nd line. I’m really unsure about the fit of those 3 as a three-man unit. I don’t really see the chemistry.

Just thinking out loud here, but what about putting Cloutier on that top line, Bellows dropping down to the 2nd, and O’Reilly can slot in on that 3rd line to make it more of a “checking” type line? I haven’t given it a whole lot of thought so I could be missing something but at first glance it could make sense.

That being said, I was still surprised to see you finish 6th in regular season voting. Thought you deserved better than that. It will be an uphill battle to upset Erie though, IMO. The Blades are very solid, all around.

I agree, my team building got a little funky by picking Tavares and Seguin to be my top 2 centers and then having to find two players with some degree of intangible to balance out the lines.

As of right now it's the same as my other lines really where I have one guy to backcheck (Koivu), one guy to dig for the puck and play physical (Adams) and a one dimensional scorer to round it off.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada

So it's now:

Norfolk:

Coach: Alain Vigneault

Pavol Demitra --- John Tavares (A) --- Real Cloutier
Ray Whitney --- Tyler Seguin --- Brian Bellows
Jack Adams --- Mikko Koivu (C) --- Terry O'Reilly
Rejean Houle --- Bill Hay (A) --- Bruce MacGregor

Mattias Ohlund --- Charlie Huddy
Steve Smith --- Fred Lake
Don Awrey --- Mike Green

Ron Hextall
Evgeni Nabokov