MLD 2015 Sign Up (Tell me your team names)

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Since there has been no activity in the start time voting thread and we've had a reasonable break after the main ATD it is time to continue the annual MLD tradition.

Post below your team name, once we reach an agreeable number the draft will begin.

Teams

1) ResilientBeast - Seattle Metropolitans
2) tony d + Hawkman - Houston Eagles
3) seventieslord - Regina Capitals
4) 87and71 - TBA
5) VanIslander - Providence Friars
6) Hedberg - EHC Pikes Oberthurgau
7) Johnny Engine - TBA
8) Iceman5 - Stockholm All-Stars

Last edited:

Velociraptor

May 12, 2007
Big Smoke
Won't be partaking this year unless it is in a very limited co-management role. Unfortunately will not have the required time to commit this summer to run my own team or take on precisely half of the duties.

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
If we can start after the 21st, it would be better for me, because I'll be off line. If there are trades, tony is in charge. I would like to see at least 8 teams before we start. I'm sure VI & Hedberg are both in.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Providence_Friars_logo.svg

I'll manage the Providence Friars, this year's NCAA champions after four trips to the Frozen Four finals tourney dating back to 1964.

Calgary's 2012 NHL 1st round pick Mark Jankowski helped them win it all this spring. There are seven (7) NHL draft picks on their present roster.

Famous Providence alumni include NHL bosses Brian Burke, Ron Wilson, Lou Lamoriello and John Ferguson, Jr.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
yuck, we can't do this with just 6 guys. I mean, we still can and will, but that kinda sucks.

I'm always looking for new player hierarchies, and though I would rather see a 20-team MLD to start scratching into the usual AAA crowd for MLD players, the opposite is going to happen and only the very best of the usual MLD players will be here. Which scoring liners will take bottom six roles and which will be stuck scoring in the AAA? Kinda intriguing.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I said it in a PM that I theoretically don't mind joining but the effort won't really be there to build a contender so don't laugh at my team when it's said and done!

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
So that's 8 teams. I suggest we start sometime next week around start of free agency? If anyone else decides to join before then we can adjust accordingly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad