VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Ice-Hockey-Skates.jpg

MLD 2013

to select the best players of all time not drafted in the ATD 2013

start date: Friday, June 28th

While the 28th of June will be the official start of the draft (the clock will begin), the draft order will be released earlier that week (randomly determined by a non-MLDer, probably spitfire's hat trick) and the picks can begin anytime after that, so the deadline to join will be Sunday, June 23rd.

How to join:

State your team's CITY and NICKNAME. Historical names are especially welcome.

Anyone can join!

List of teams:

1. VanIslander - Cornell Big Red
2. BillyShoe1721 - Philadelphia Phantoms
3. tony d - Maine Mariners
4. seventieslord - Regina Capitals
5. Hobnobs - Saskatoon Sheiks
6. Hedberg - Hamburg Crocodiles
7. jkrx & Hawkman - Färjestad BK
8. papershoes & Dreakmur - Cornwall Royals
9. Bring Back Scuderi & bluesfan94 - St. Louis Eagles
10. Dwight & Velociraptor - Laval Voisins
11. BubbaBoot - Boston Olympics
12. Hardyvan123 - Vancouver Millionaires
13. Pitt's Best #87 #66 - Pittsburgh Pirates

available draft consultant: vecens24, DaveG

Montagu Allan Division:

jkrx & Hawkman - Färjestad BK
Dwight & Velociraptor - Laval Voisins
tony d - Maine Mariners
Hardyvan123 - Vancouver Millionaires
papershoes & Dreakmur - Cornwall Royals
seventieslord - Regina Capitals

Mickey Ion Division:

VanIslander - Cornell Big Red
BillyShoe1721 - Philadelphia Phantoms
BubbaBoot - Boston Olympics
Pitt's Best #87 #66 - Pittsburgh Pirates
Bring Back Scuderi & bluesfan94 - St. Louis Eagles
Hobnobs - Saskatoon Sheiks
Hedberg - Hamburg Crocodiles

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I'll manage the Cornell Big Red, my childhood idol Ken Dryden's collegiate team. Cornell has won the ECAC Tournament Championship a record 12 times and has won the Ivy League Title 20 times. The 1970 Cornell Hockey team was the first (and currently only team) in NCAA hockey history to complete a season undefeated and untied with a perfect 29-0-0 record. Only two jerseys have been retired, Dryden's #1 and Nieuwendyk's #25.

Cornell_logo_250-1126.jpg

Last edited:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'll be joining as the Maine Mariners

Maine_mariners_200x200.png

I'm gone the weekend of June 7th and won't be back until the 9th. Will have my phone with me so if we start on the 7th I should be able to make my picks no problem.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I will be controlling Saskatoon Sheiks

SaskatoonSheiks24.GIF

I vote for the 7th

Last edited:

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
As of right now, I'm out. I'm moving across the country to start a new job next week. Ill be around checking stuff out and to see how it's going though. So if anyone has any questions/wants any help here or there, feel free to ask. But I definitely don't feel confident enough in my time to field a competitive team in this thing right now.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yes, and I'm very excited.

Also, y'all can call me Jerry. We need a meet the ATDer thread, except most of you guys know each other.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
A meet the ATDer thread would be nice. Be nice to more about you guys than the fact that you like hockey history as much as I do.

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
This subboard has maintained a pretty hockey-focused discussion and that has been a refreshing reprieve from an otherwise chatty HfBoards that can become less focused and frankly sometimes a waste of time.

One gets one's "fix" of hockey, immersing oneself into the history of the game here, no matter what's going on in one's personal life, good or bad.

The ATD Chat room thread for all non-ATD related discussion is already in use as a place to talk about happenings in one's personal life.

As for real names, home towns, other hobbies or favorite colors, keep them to yourself imo! (But one's personal hockey history, one's fav team, player, hockey memory... that's relevant and interesting imo!)

Agreed with VI. If you guys want to do something like this, just keep it in the Chat Thread, please.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
I will be the Hamburg Crocodiles

images-11_zpsa64ff652.jpg

The 28th would work way better for me as I'm not going to have very much internet access from the 14th to the 27th.

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
I'm pretty much back on my feet after what felt like a year in and out of the hospital.

I can help a Gm but I am not able to be the head chief of a team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad