Khabibulin
Kirk Mclean​

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Not much to comment on in the series. I also am unclear on the exact protocol of this, but I'll just stream of consciousness it and hope for the best...

While my team isn't much for offense and firepower, it won't need to score more than 1 or 2 goals to win each game of this series I feel. A relatively soft offense going against us, guys like Larouche and Nylander and Leeman will get their lunch handed to them by my back checking forwards and rugged defensemen. It's going to be tough for them to even get out of the zone with Yandle likely being swarmed under by my forecheckers...Souray and Galley won't be much better...

An enormous weakness that will be exploited every minute of the game is that while my opponent has some fire power and will try to play a very forward, offensive game, their ability to forge a sustained attack (supposing they actually get through the neutral zone with possession) will be neutralized by the fact that all of the opponent's defensemen are left-handed. Which means every shift of every game will see the RD trying to hold pucks in and distribute under pressure on his backhand...that's not at all sustainable...

In transition, Medicine Hat will be able to score. We may not have a ton of "organic" offensive performers, but I'd expect a ton of 3-on-2's and 2-on-1's in this series for Medicine Hat and these guys are all plenty capable of cashing in on those...

If I'm reading the game correctly here, I'm not sure how many goals will actually be surrendered by Medicine Hat in the series...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad